• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So I'm guessing he was blacklisted but it was never officially announced. It's the only way I can explain how unhinged he sounds. Also this is the podcast of the same Guy told Vic that it was a good idea to sue for defemation and wore blackface. What great company.
Speaking of, is there any difference between this whole deal and Vic's?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Speaking of, is there any difference between this whole deal and Vic's?
Vic actually went through a defamation case and lost lol

How does this man still have enough money to afford electricity if he's out of the job?
He was already technically retired and was only taking on roles that were seen as big legacy roles...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Difference is all the other actors didn’t link to a petition to rehire all the original actors. That’s what pushed him over the line to being unprofessional.
Why wouldn't an actor do that though? I remember as recently as a few months back reading Alison Janney linking to a petition for fans to sign to keep Mom from being cancelled by CBS (to keep her job). I don't see a single thing unprofessional about that at all. The new voice actors would be doing the same thing if the tables were turned.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Why wouldn't an actor do that though? I remember as recently as a few months back reading Alison Janney linking to a petition for fans to sign to keep Mom from being cancelled by CBS (to keep her job). I don't see a single thing unprofessional about that at all. The new voice actors would be doing the same thing if the tables were turned.
Literally everyone else in the cast bowed out gracefully and wished the new actors well. He, on the other hand, was trying to get them canned so he can selfishly reprise his role.

Flynn is no stranger to this industry. He knows petitions like that don't work, yet he signed and showed his support for it anyways.

Elysium

Awards
I don't believe actors are obligated to "bow out gracefully." That's a personal choice. The petition was probably his f*** you to Square Enix for unceremoniously replacing everyone without even a heads up. And, imo, they deserved it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't believe actors are obligated to "bow out gracefully." That's a personal choice. The petition was probably his f*** you to Square Enix for unceremoniously replacing everyone without even a heads up. And, imo, they deserved it.
The thing is that SE already clarified that they weren’t replacing them permanently. If they have future projects that aren’t in the Remake line of projects, they will call those old voice actors back.

For an example of FF7 VAs reprising their roles, KH3 used Andrea Bowen for Aerith and Mae Whitman for Yuffie. They haven’t been replaced at all.

And I’m sure prior to the nonsense surrounding QF, they would have called him back to play Reno if he happened to appear in a future project.

Elysium

Awards
^ Oh, okay then! I guess for me I was not trying to “defend” Flynn, it was more about how there was an opinion on an entirely different subject and that the controversy of the sexual impropriety allegations was being used as a way to funnel people's rage over them into agreeing on the former subject also. I guess I know deep down that if most actors *do* bow out gracefully, it's probably less that they are saints who have no thoughts and emotions about what's happened rather than they feel they /have/ to do so because they want to keep getting work. Calling a company out will make it less likely to be hired in the future. Since this person was retired as you said (?) on the last page, I thought perhaps that might have been the main reason they felt more free to express what they really felt openly at the time because they didn't need the jobs to keep coming as desperately as other voice actors lower down the chain probably do. Does voice acting pay well?

I wouldn't feel bad if Billy Zane or Hayden Panettiere had happened to throw some fire at Square over the years either, as far as the KH series goes.

Awards
The thing is that SE already clarified that they weren’t replacing them permanently. If they have future projects that aren’t in the Remake line of projects, they will call those old voice actors back.

For an example of FF7 VAs reprising their roles, KH3 used Andrea Bowen for Aerith and Mae Whitman for Yuffie. They haven’t been replaced at all.

And I’m sure prior to the nonsense surrounding QF, they would have called him back to play Reno if he happened to appear in a future project.
I think I recall the reason why is cuz they want to seperate the Remake from the original Compilation or something

Dark Rot

Awards
This 20-page deep bloated vat of curses is just, the perfect expression of this forum's warped mindset. The absolute projection of it all. What a bunch of Heartless. I don't buy any single of one you's outrage for a second.

These games take how many hundreds of people to produce? But, oh, one nobody pervert dub actor's involved, now that's just too far. Disney's legit the devil, but as soon as someone reminds you of YOURSELF (and that is what this is all about) you turn into Helen Lovejoy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This 20-page deep bloated vat of curses is just, the perfect expression of this forum's warped mindset. The absolute projection of it all. What a bunch of Heartless. I don't buy any single of one you's outrage for a second.

These games take how many hundreds of people to produce? But, oh, one nobody pervert dub actor's involved, now that's just too far. Disney's legit the devil, but as soon as someone reminds you of YOURSELF (and that is what this is all about) you turn into Helen Lovejoy.
Are you okay?

Disney gets plenty of critique so please don’t try to whataboutism this.

Oh sure, we’re all reminded of the times we all sent sexual messages to our adoring fans or liked racist or conspiracy theory tweets from right wing politicians and pundits. 🙄

Dark Rot

Awards
We're all sexual creatures, is the point. We all have the potential to do things we're ashamed of. It's transparently disingenuous to feign outrage over such a commonplace thing, especially from someone as unnotable as a dub actor. You all just want someone to direct that inner shame at, because realistically, you're not protecting anyone. You're not looking out for the victims if that's how you wanna frame it, you just like that there's someone you can view as less than yourself. The reason why perverts exist and get away with this stuff is because of this system of shame that permeates society. Nothing will improve if you're aren't trying to understand others, and are only looking for ways in which you are superior.

It's not whataboutism to bring up Disney, they literally paid Weinstein's bills for years and years, fully aware of his tendencies.

Awards
We're all sexual creatures, is the point. We all have the potential to do things we're ashamed of. It's transparently disingenuous to feign outrage over such a commonplace thing, especially from someone as unnotable as a dub actor. You all just want someone to direct that inner shame at, because realistically, you're not protecting anyone. You're not looking out for the victims if that's how you wanna frame it, you just like that there's someone you can view as less than yourself. The reason why perverts exist and get away with this stuff is because of this system of shame that permeates society. Nothing will improve if you're aren't trying to understand others, and are only looking for ways in which you are superior.

It's not whataboutism to bring up Disney, they literally paid Weinstein's bills for years and years, fully aware of his tendencies.
Okay buddy, let's get you back in your padded cell.

What QF did was despicable, yet it's apparently disingenuous to call him out on his BS because it's "commonplace" and he's "unnotable"? What the fuck are you on?

Dark Rot

Awards
And what does "calling him out" do? Do you feel like a hero? Feel like you've accomplished something? Because I promise, you have not. There are no fewer perverts and there is no less pain. This whole thread is just a circle of fools patting themselves on the back for contributing to the sea of shame in guise of "taking a stand". It's hollow. You can call me crazy for not reassuring your projections, but just remember. Some people can see through your bullsh*t.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And what does "calling him out" do? Do you feel like a hero? Feel like you've accomplished something? Because I promise, you have not. There are no fewer perverts and there is no less pain. This whole thread is just a circle of fools patting themselves on the back for contributing to the sea of shame in guise of "taking a stand". It's hollow. You can call me crazy for not reassuring your projections, but just remember. Some people can see through your bullsh*t.
Man, go outside and touch some dirt. The only one acting like some crazy person is the one thinking they are accomplishing something for seeing through our “bullshit”. I don’t think about QF until some person like you revives this topic because they feel like they need to stand up and defend some scum who needs no defending.

Again, you are playing the whataboutism game with trying to make people feel guilty for not demanding Disney be taken down because of Weinstein. Who says we haven’t done that and pointed out more in regards to other sexual predators like Drake Bell, Bill Cosby, Kyle Massey, and others before them? This topic is about QF (and Drake Bell). Not Disney or anybody else.

There is a different between being a human being with natural sexual urges and being a sexual creep. I don’t think most of us are walking about conventions kissing minors or sexting hot fans we meet on social media. It’s called self control and restraint and being a fucking decent person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back