• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Batman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Villains: Should We Stick Primarily With Canons, Or Do MOre Original Ones?

• Stick With The Canon Villains

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Bank More On Originals

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
So, this afternoon, whilst aimlessly drifting between one thought or another, I came upon thinking of a Batman RP (though maybe such a thing has already been done here). It is poised to be set a few weeks following the conclusion of The Dark Knight, with the Gotham PD still acting under orders to capture Batman, encountering a more prominent 'threat' to the stability of justice, and order. (Actual plot coming soon).

EDIT: The following is the prototype to the plot. So, it's still a work in progress.

Gotham’s Finest

In the wake of his capture of the infamous Joker, and apparent killing of District Attorney Harvey Dents, Batman was placed under arrest by Police Commissioner James Gordon. With the Police hot on his trial, even for a short while, Batman, the hero, the guardian, which Gotham had so desperately needed, vanished into the encroaching night with little trace…

Now, a month has passed since that night, and still, The Batman remains elusive to the Gotham PD. Of course, the lot of them had anticipated that their quarry would evade them so easily. They had all expected nothing less than a game of cat and mouse from the one who managed to succeed in taking down The Joker. But what they were unable to anticipate in the slightest was the backlash that Gordon’s orders would have on the city. On both sides of the spectrum of the law, things have fallen deeper into dishevelment. Villains, seeking out their own ends have popped up from the gutters, so it would seem. The police have been trying their best, but there is, at the present moment, too much going on for them to keep up with crooks, and The Batman at once, as either task is a full time endeavor.

But the true challenge of the Gotham PD, rests not with the villains, nor with Batman. The true toll on the boys in blue of Gotham has been rounding up a festering swarm of vigilantes. They are, on average, a population consisting of youths, many in high school, or college. Inspired by the methods of Batman, such individuals began their own bid for justice upon wrongdoers. Many of them are just foolish kids, trying to be the tough guy, pushing around scum. Others have taken to the impersonation of The Bat, in the hopes that the PD might sway their search away from the real thing, enabling him to reign over the streets once more. But a healthy, and elite few, are truly following in their idol’s footsteps, taking to the streets under their own.

With all of this on their plates, while trying to uphold what morality they have (left), the law enforcement of this ever-sulking metropolis is reaching wits end. In the long run of it, Gotham’s finest may need to defy some orders, in order to fulfill others.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'm up for anything roughly related to The Dark Knight.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Are there any foreseen limits on what kind of faction we have to be a part of or independent of?

Chromatic

Become
Awards
To an extent, I've worked that out, but really more for the obvious factions. Like, obviously, a police officer would be aligned with a precinct, for the majority of the RP's span. Batman will be held as his own faction, though he'll be more of a cameo until things really get chugging along. As far as the vigilant youths, and the criminals, they could be grouped into factions, even if not right from the start.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'm liking where this is going and would love to be a part of it. I'm imagining that the groups of PCs would be the vigilantes, cops/detectives, and villains, correct? I'm also assuming that we should stick to the "no superpowers but occasional biological/radioactive mishaps" theme of Batman, right?

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I'm liking where this is going and would love to be a part of it. I'm imagining that the groups of PCs would be the vigilantes, cops/detectives, and villains, correct? I'm also assuming that we should stick to the "no superpowers but occasional biological/radioactive mishaps" theme of Batman, right?

Yeah, that's pretty much the jist of it. Pretty much sticking to the code, and those would be the factions. It's just that only one of them would have an official 'group' from the start.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Seeing as this appears to be getting a good reception, I'll start working on defining things a bit more elaborately. Mature the plot a bit as well.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Possibly. Though it might just be more efficient to let those amongst the more skilled RPers on the site (not to pass premature judgment on you), take up such roles as high ranks. And I'd say the Gordon would be best off as an NPC.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
It depends on where people lean as far as villains go. If there are more people interested by canon villains, I'll just stick with that, and have original villains be npc'd. Of course, if you wanted to use a canon villain, you'd have to nail their persona in a good sample post for them (sort of an audition style method choosing). The only one I wouldn't be so ready to leave with any RPer is, at this point, The Joker. On the other hand, if a lot of OCs come in for that department, then the canons would be made npcs.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
To get a better idea of what I'm looking at in terms of villainy, I've added a poll to this thread. If the favor leans towards originals in that department, then canons will be mostly restricted to being NPCs.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Are there more neutral positions? I was thinking of a character that is cop-inspired and sort of a vigilante but not totally.

key490

this idea is such a coincidence for me because i'm currently working on a Batman story, so I am totally in the mood for some more Caped Crusader action. I'm in.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
I agree more with the canon villains though we should have a few original villains for some flair and allow people some flexibility so that they can switch from cop to vigilante to villain though not just like the guy got in a pissed off mood and killed everyone but there should be an understanding of how and why they become like that it should be seamless and easy.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
More like a dead detective's teenage son who used to run with a gang of run aways. He looks up to Batman in a different light then all these other kids and he's against than these vigilantes that add to the chaos but is a vigilante in his own respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back