• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS Boxart Contest Winner Is...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Okay, would you guys like it better split up into Traditional and Digital winners? This is the only way to calm everyone's complaints and have it still be fair to the winner. If yes, then Grapy will be the winner with Veriun. If not, things are going to stay the same, because we're not going to rejudge anything.

kostas

Awards
think there must be a traditional and a digital winner so i aggre it must be splited or split the boxarts in 2 categories:traditional and digital and make members vote

Last edited:

Veriun

Um... can somebody tell me what I apparently did wrong? Is it the coloring, the composition, my drawing style, etc?

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i don't think you handled your space that well. everything seems crammed together toward the bottom. neither side gives balance to the other and Ven looks like he should be in the center but isn't. it woulda been nice to see the heart with a little more detail too.

you did really nice on colors and character detail though. the clouds and star charms are my favorite part of your entry.

Veriun

i don't think you handled your space that well. everything seems crammed together toward the bottom. neither side gives balance to the other and Ven looks like he should be in the center but isn't. it woulda been nice to see the heart with a little more detail too.

you did really nice on colors and character detail though. the clouds and star charms are my favorite part of your entry.

Ah, I see. Thanks! I'll keep that in mind!

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I just like tomokii and Grapys style better...

I must agree with this, although the winner's entry was detailed and greatly done.
I personally loved Grapy's entry.

But anyhow, congrats to the winners! :) Everyone did a nice job!

JamDelVamp

15d9lro.jpg
This is mine it didnt get an honorable mention maybe becuz it isnt colored and kind of hard to see but the characters are completely hand drawn....tell me what u think

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
We're not re-determining why someone's didn't get an honourable mention or anything else; it stands as is, so stop questioning it. If you really want to get opinions, make a thread in Traditional Media and ask for some critisism there.

All the constant questioning of who won or didn't win is just going to aggrivate Salty more, and a lot of others, for that matter. You should be glad that he was even willing to run this competition by himself, and pay for the prize out of his own pocket.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Personally, I would've had the two categories, and left it to an open vote - agrees with gramp anime scholar- Digital looks nice, but only if you use it properly, but not everyone can afford the software, etc., or feel it's not what they want.'

We could just do a re-vote, but God/Allah/Oprah forbid 'vastly intelligent people' vote based on a person's popularity, and not the artwork itself. Vote fairly, based on their work, ne? This way everyone's happy;

But to be honest, I'd expect most of the people who submitted a vote to actually get requests for artwork from other people :D; Plus, I'm not on KHI Staff, so it's not really up to me, but I get to post my opinion!

Lancelot

Awards
That would have been the deciding factors of a staff vote, though. Popularity. By all means, do a re-vote, but don't expect a new winner and a prize for that person, either.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
We're not re-determining why someone's didn't get an honourable mention or anything else; it stands as is, so stop questioning it. If you really want to get opinions, make a thread in Traditional Media and ask for some critisism there.

All the constant questioning of who won or didn't win is just going to aggrivate Salty more, and a lot of others, for that matter. You should be glad that he was even willing to run this competition by himself, and pay for the prize out of his own pocket.

'

All thats fair and nice but when you sum it up this was unfair to begin with.
Digital vs traditional?
And then the fact that traditioal hand drawn includes photoshop coloring is highly retarded.
Yes its nice that hes doing this but it isnt fair.
And to have the staff vote?
Yeah nice job.
I say you kissing up so bad and just admit it like most people have this conpetition is pretty unfair.
Now i say we do a revote with open voting and solve this because obvious the way the staff thinks is to narrow with what the members think as as they say majority wins.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I concur. I left out the prize money for the sake that more than likely there wouldn't be any anyway, but it'd be better with a re-voting based off of Members' Voting, not the Staff.

Lancelot

Awards
For goodness sake! If you'd read in the beginning, it WAS originally a split competition, but lack of funds caused a combination of Traditional and Digital. Yes, I agree it's not fair, but the point is that it ended up being combined, and a winner was chosen. It's just like doing the final vote in the Hottest of the Hot contest. Hottest guy versus the hottest girl, and the winner is determined from the two.
The staff vote was held to prevent a popularity contest on a major scale. Perhaps some of the judges didn't have the right means for being a judge, but the overall winner was still chosen from the votes that were given. As I said, hold a public vote, and pay for the prize out of your own pocket if you really want, but don't expect Salty to hold it again because you think the first is unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back