• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS Capes...come on! the capes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Glider, a gauntlet, a whip, Terra's ultima cannon. He pretty much shifts his weapon every time he attacks you as you run from him in fear. TnT
Sounds like the world's most brutal smackdown. I thought Sephiroth was hard. (On Proud mode, anyway)

Terra just sounds like he beats the ever-loving crap outta you with a Saguaro cactus and then uses what little pride you have left to wash off his feet when he gets back home.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Sounds like the world's most brutal smackdown. I thought Sephiroth was hard. (On Proud mode, anyway)

Terra just sounds like he beats the ever-loving crap outta you with a Saguaro cactus and then uses what little pride you have left to wash off his feet when he gets back home.
You have no idea. He chases you down Chibi, HE LITERALLY CHASES YOU DOWN with his guantlet and knocks the life out of you. Worst yet the only thing that can out run him is the max glide of final form.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
You have no idea. He chases you down Chibi, HE LITERALLY CHASES YOU DOWN with his guantlet and knocks the life out of you. Worst yet the only thing that can out run him is the max glide of final form.
I blame Kairi's grandmother for everything. That's my secret to defeating strong bosses in KH, just so ya know ;3

But this...? Words cannot describe...wait, is he wearing his cape? I forget.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But this...? Words cannot describe...wait, is he wearing his cape? I forget.
Yes he has the cape but that's hardly something you pay attention to as you watch in shock as your gliding is turned useless just by his jogging speed.

JustSnilloc

I honestly don't understand why they can't just add the capes... I mean KH2FM and BbSFM are going to be part of the same game on the same console, why not just take LS's data and copy/paste it over to Terra? Why not adjust that same cape data for Ven and Aqua? I'm not a programmer, but that hardly seems like a difficult task.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly don't understand why they can't just add the capes... I mean KH2FM and BbSFM are going to be part of the same game on the same console, why not just take LS's data and copy/paste it over to Terra? Why not adjust that same cape data for Ven and Aqua? I'm not a programmer, but that hardly seems like a difficult task.

Why spend time on that when they can be working on KH3? That is the reason why. They don't have the time and it isn't just copying data and altering it. They have to make sure it works in scenes, that the capes aren't flying into other models and through textures. It's not an easy process and since BBS was not made with the capes in mind, it probably requires a lot of extra testing.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com

I learned you can actually guard and make him switch direction and attack him from behind. You can also deflect his cannon back at him and it will damage him. His special attack can be outrun with Lv3 glide as well, but Final Form does a better job. I hate his stupid lock down trap, but you can dodge it if you time it right. I still get trapped often > . <

It would be neat if Sora can use his keyblade as a whip and guantlet in KH3.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
The capes are an unnecessary component to the armors. They would be in the way during combat. This is part of why I don't like Lingering Sentiment keeping it. Every playthrough I see that blasted thing getting in the way of the camera and the player cannot see what the heck the enemy is doing. It adds onto the headache of an already aggravating battle.

That said, Terra's armor DOES indeed look like Batman. That is part of why I have a have an AU where his favorite super hero is Batman. I may share some art for Terra in a Batman shirt someday.

"NO CAPES" - Edna (The Incredibles)

Master Ultima

Awards
No capes in 2.5 either cause they said it would take too long and they were also developing III at the same time.

BlueKey777

Banned
That would be so fancy! Seeing Aqua with a cape would make me go crazy XD. Its too bad they couldn't add this in with the normal gameplay.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That would be so fancy! Seeing Aqua with a cape would make me go crazy XD. Its too bad they couldn't add this in with the normal gameplay.

Seeing Aqua cartwheel with a cape wouldn't be so fancy I guess, same goes for Ven's rolling since there the capes would only get in the way if they wanted to animate them truly realistic.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Seeing Aqua cartwheel with a cape wouldn't be so fancy I guess, same goes for Ven's rolling since there the capes would only get in the way if they wanted to animate them truly realistic.

Worse yet, it trying to animate such a cartwheel might lag it a bit. (though due to invincibility frames I guess it doesn't matter)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't know how it would lag but I could see people questioning why she isn't tripping over her cape! XD

Cause of the frame rate or however it's worded. The capes was taken out to begin with due to such issues.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There probably wouldn't be so many issues on the PS3 since it has the RAM to render more than the PSP could, but programming it, testing it (i.e. making sure the physics of the cape are right, making sure it isn't merging into other objects and textures or the characters themselves, making sure it doesn't take up space in cutscenes) and so on would take more time than they probably would have liked it to.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
Doesn't really matter to me. Capes are really nice, but if they have to spend all that extra time to test them throughout the whole game (in this case they're lacking time) then they don't have to bother. Who knows though until we get it.

Lester811

The capes are a neat idea but once again if this game gets delayed at any point, I will probably lose my Sh**!

Do you guys think that the cape/cloak idea would be good design for KHIII???

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The capes are a neat idea but once again if this game gets delayed at any point, I will probably lose my Sh**!

Do you guys think that the cape/cloak idea would be good design for KHIII???

Depends. The thing about the KH series is that so much of the movement depends on giving gravity and logic the one fingered solute that anything too flowy, like a cape, can be incredibly awkward. I haven't had the experience myself, but it's been mention that Lingering Sentiment's cape makes the battle way worse because of how it gets in the way. Capes may look cool in some designs, but they are in no way convenient. Even by KH standers (the series that brought us protagonists with size 32 shoes) they're awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back