• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS did better than Mario games (in BbS's opening weekend)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Yes KH did better than a remade Mario game, in a one week sale where KH was the only new game.

So yeah totally pat yourselves on the back KH fans because now you only have 210 million more sales to go until you catch up to Mario. Great week indeed...

heh

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
This really isn't a big deal. BBS is relatively new. Anyways IMO, KH > Mario, but that's my preference. I completely understand why people prefer Mario games. The shit is classic. I've never been the biggest Mario fan (Sonic-head anyone?), but he's given me my fair share of fun. Mario is the first character most people think of when they hear "video game". He's an icon. As epic as the KH series is, we have no icons in that sense. Sure we have Mickey and the rest, but they represent something else. It doesn't make KH any worse, it's just the way it is. A lot of it has to do with timing as well. Mario was one of the original games while KH is relatively new.

But that's my two cents on it anyways. =/

Khfan01

I think BBS surpass any game, even other Kingdom Hearts game. Even it can surpass 358/2 Days.

A

Azrael

yeah i get it, you dont liek kh as m uch as others, so i wont really care much about your opinion. either way, BBS did better than Mario by sales. that counts for something

And it won't for much longer. I do like Kingdom Hearts. I just wished it was better but I can't ask for that.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Same here. There's no denying there's bits and pieces of the plot that are too open. But KH is the first game that I truly fell in love with. It was all in the timing as I played it around the time my parents started trusting me on the internet by myself, so I could look up things on KH2 to feed my addiction. XD

5,200 Post!!! (I'm getting up there, huh?)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by Khfan01
I think BBS surpass any game, even other Kingdom Hearts game. Even it can surpass 358/2 Days.

Anything can surpass Days imo -.-"

jean1000695

Website
slumberingirl.wordpress.com
And to add a little more details why BBS rocks...
If you had visited Kotaku a little more often, it seems that the PSP sales (Not PSPGo, by the way) has gone up thanks to BBS's high sales for around two weeks now.

And poor PSP Go is still not a fan favourite yet. Or never will it be.

Jakek9

I laugh at the people who say Kh is easy.

ALL YOU DO IS SMASH THE X BUTTON. That is only the case when it comes to heartless. Most boss battles take skill.

Plus Mario practically has the same plot everytime.

Kingdom Hearts has such a deep and rooted plot, filled with so many twists and turns that it makes my head spin right off my body. And BBS is defiantly going to do the same thing, though I suspect BBS will have WAY more Head bursting Twists then the other games in the series.

Anyways, Im very happy s far with these sales. Though it seems this game won't be as popular via USA. Though, 358/2 days sold out from a couple gamestops over here. I go the last copy in one of thoise stores XD

So I do not doubt, it will be big here.

S

Shadow Soldier

Kingdom Hearts has such a deep and rooted plot, filled with so many twists and turns that it makes my head spin right off my body.

And that's the reason why so many people prefer Mario over KH.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
It's also the reason that others prefer it over Mario. =/
Let's face it, it's all about preference. One of the most important things for me personally is the story, so I need something extensive that requires me to get involved, not something a 5 year old could've come up with. XD

A

Azrael

I laugh at the people who say Kh is easy.

ALL YOU DO IS SMASH THE X BUTTON. That is only the case when it comes to heartless. Most boss battles take skill.

Plus Mario practically has the same plot everytime.

Kingdom Hearts has such a deep and rooted plot, filled with so many twists and turns that it makes my head spin right off my body. And BBS is defiantly going to do the same thing, though I suspect BBS will have WAY more Head bursting Twists then the other games in the series.

Anyways, Im very happy s far with these sales. Though it seems this game won't be as popular via USA. Though, 358/2 days sold out from a couple gamestops over here. I go the last copy in one of thoise stores XD

So I do not doubt, it will be big here.

Kingdom Hearts can be pretty predictable ya know. *looks at Terra* I would keep an eye out on Anakin Skywalker ripoff.

FATE

Awards
Like XIII Heartless said, its all about preference.
I prefer KH much more then Mario.
As much as Mario had been part of my childhood(even though I always preferred Sonic back in the day), nothing really made me stick to it.
As I grew, I became more interested in RPGs and story driven games.
Most Mario games these days are rehashes of the same formula. The only Mario games I really really liked were Super Mario Brothers 3, World and Galaxy, thanks mostly to its exquisite level designs.

FATE

Awards
I know so many people that preferred Sonic to Mario. Then Sega went and screwed that up. =/

Oh man, don't remind me. x_x
If SEGA screws up Project Needlemouse.... facepalm Its bad enough that they fucked up the PS3 version of Bayonetta this year.

burnley95

Row Row Fight the Powah!
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
It's also the reason that others prefer it over Mario. =/
Let's face it, it's all about preference. One of the most important things for me personally is the story, so I need something extensive that requires me to get involved, not something a 5 year old could've come up with. XD
That is why I like KH. I like the complex story, and Mario makes me feel like I am mentally challenged. The characters are also more lively and personal. Got it memorized? Unfortunatley, Mario will always beat KH. I just hate that Kh is not that great selling wise comparing the two series.
raitohahaha

xXRepaXx

2D racing game? lol

I didn't mean it like that, but sure.

only said racing game was because all you do i run through levels, and jump on gumbas, while collecting coind, not really that intricate. Well othe then super mario 64 cis thoes ones are more like kh.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
That is why I like KH. I like the complex story, and Mario makes me feel like I am mentally challenged. The characters are also more lively and personal. Got it memorized? Unfortunatley, Mario will always beat KH. I just hate that Kh is not that great selling wise comparing the two series.
raitohahaha

Don't feel too bad, there aren't many games that can compete with main series mario games saleswise, especially the 2d ones. But when you think about it, KH actually does pretty good sales wise compared to alot of games

KH < Mario in terms of sales. Mario was here first, and will be here when KH draws to a close. =(
Incidentally, why do so many people not like Super Mario Sunshine? That's probably my personal favorite of the series. =/

True. and the reason people tend to hate sunshine was because of the fludd mechanic, it introduced Bowser Jr.(although i like him), the level weren't as great as Mario 64 although the platforming levels without fludd were great, and i think i forgot one or two other reasons.

oh and it had this as a commercial

overall it wasnt a bad game, and it got good praise when it came out, people just like to bitch and moan for whatever reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back