• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

bbs dual wielding its possible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuri

Single Wielding, is hard
Are you kidding?

Dual Wielding would be pretty nice. As Manga has pointed out repeatedly, the game can be programmed so that it doesn't necessarily make you any more skilled or powerful unless you know what you're doing. This would be in keeping touch with reality: holding two swords does not make a novice swordsman a master, and the chances that his having two swords would help him defeat a master is unlikely, at best. The thing about Dual Wielding in KH is that they incorporated it idiotically for KHII by making it some sort of "Super Saiyan" idea. They should recalibrate the entire system and turn Dual Wielding into a practical choice, albeit difficult to effectively use.

I hope that BBS does incorporate Dual Wielding since it would make sense, but it definitely shouldn't be brought back as some sort of "Mega Power Up Digimon-Merge-With-Friends" concept.

Shuri/Eli

State

Awards
Are you kidding?

Dual Wielding would be pretty nice. As Manga has pointed out repeatedly, the game can be programmed so that it doesn't necessarily make you any more skilled or powerful unless you know what you're doing. This would be in keeping touch with reality: holding two swords does not make a novice swordsman a master, and the chances that his having two swords would help him defeat a master is unlikely, at best. The thing about Dual Wielding in KH is that they incorporated it idiotically for KHII by making it some sort of "Super Saiyan" idea. They should recalibrate the entire system and turn Dual Wielding into a practical choice, albeit difficult to effectively use.

I hope that BBS does incorporate Dual Wielding since it would make sense, but it definitely shouldn't be brought back as some sort of "Mega Power Up Digimon-Merge-With-Friends" concept.

Shuri/Eli
:/ A red saiyan, a blue saiyan, a yellow saiyan and a white saiyan. That's interesting. Go into Proud Mode to see how super saiyan dual-wielding would be.

Muse

you look atrocious
Are you kidding?

Shuri/Eli

Hm. Well, if they do decide to incorporate dual-wielding into BBS, I at least hope they wait until you're a good chunk into the game before unlocking it. :v Unlike KHII when you're able to dual-wield nearly right from the get-go.

And it might be interesting if they show like Terra and Ven being able to dual-wield, but Aqua being unable to. Or something to that affect. But Iono.

State

Awards
Hm. Well, if they do decide to incorporate dual-wielding into BBS, I at least hope they wait until you're a good chunk into the game before unlocking it. :v Unlike KHII when you're able to dual-wield nearly right from the get-go.

And it might be interesting if they show like Terra and Ven being able to dual-wield, but Aqua being unable to. Or something to that affect. But Iono.
If they dual wield, I'm sure they will function like these forms:

Aqua = Wisdom Form
Terra = Master Form
Ventus = Valor Form

And yes, dual-wielding should be reserved until very late in the game, up until the final world.

Shuri

:/ A red saiyan, a blue saiyan, a yellow saiyan and a white saiyan. That's interesting. Go into Proud Mode to see how super saiyan dual-wielding would be.
Sorry, did you just completely ignore the actual points of debate in my post so that you could make an irrelevant quip about my choice of terms? I've never played KHII on Proud Mode, so I have no idea what you're trying to reference.

State

Awards
Sorry, did you just completely ignore the actual points of debate in my post so that you could make an irrelevant quip about my choice of terms? I've never played KHII on Proud Mode, so I have no idea what you're trying to reference.
I didn't ignore the whole "super saiyan" concept. What mode have you played KHII on?

Muse

you look atrocious
If they dual wield, I'm sure they will function like these forms:

Aqua = Wisdom Form
Terra = Master Form
Ventus = Valor Form

It'd be nice if they could change that up though. :c Make it less obvious or something.

And yes, dual-wielding should be reserved until very late in the game, up until the final world.

Maybe not that far into it. ._.;; I just don't want them to be able to dual-wield right off the bat, like in KHII where you get your drive forms right after you start playing as Sora. That would just be terrible if they did that.

State

Awards
Maybe not that far into it. ._.;; I just don't want them to be able to dual-wield right off the bat, like in KHII where you get your drive forms right after you start playing as Sora. That would just be terrible if they did that.
It just goes to wonder, who will give them their forms? Also, I'm beginning to think that the forms that Sora gets are the souls of the BbS characters. Just think about it, the fairies, who seem to be associated with Yen Sid, gave you Valor Form and Mickey gave you Master Form.

Shuri

Naturally you shouldn't be able to dual-wield until you've reached a certain level of experience. That's in keeping with reality, too.

Speaking of Aqua, I was thinking that she probably would be able to dual-wield, but it wouldn't be highly practical since she is magic-based, not attack-based. Then again, there would be natural positives and negatives to dual-wielding for every character: for Ven, it could conceivably slow him down somewhat, thus detracting from his strength as an agile fighter. I don't know what it would do for Terra, but since he appears to be the oldest and most experienced of the group, it might make some sense that dual-wielding wouldn't affect him as adversely.

I didn't ignore the whole "super saiyan" concept. What mode have you played KHII on?
Normal. I've only played it once since I don't feel as though its replay value is as high as the first game's and I haven't felt compelled to return to it since it came out. I'll probably play it again either after I've finished RE: CoM or after I beat Days. Probably the latter.

Shuri/Eli

State

Awards
Normal. I've only played it once since I don't feel as though its replay value is as high as the first game's and I haven't felt compelled to return to it since it came out. I'll probably play it again either after I've finished RE: CoM or after I beat Days. Probably the latter.

Shuri/Eli
That goes to proof that you base your opinion on the degree of you playing Beginner Mode, which, by the fact, the forms make everything easier. :/

Muse

you look atrocious
Naturally you shouldn't be able to dual-wield until you've reached a certain level of experience. That's in keeping with reality, too.

Yep. Which is why I'm hoping BBS strays from the KHII route. @-@;;

Speaking of Aqua, I was thinking that she probably would be able to dual-wield, but it wouldn't be highly practical since she is magic-based, not attack-based. Then again, there would be natural positives and negatives to dual-wielding for every character: for Ven, it could conceivably slow him down somewhat, thus detracting from his strength as an agile fighter. I don't know what it would do for Terra, but since he appears to be the oldest and most experienced of the group, it might make some sense that dual-wielding wouldn't affect him as adversely.

It was just a feeling, really, that it'd be weird for Aqua to dual-wield. I don't really know why.

It just goes to wonder, who will give them their forms? Also, I'm beginning to think that the forms that Sora gets are the souls of the BbS characters. Just think about it, the fairies, who seem to be associated with Yen Sid, gave you Valor Form and Mickey gave you Master Form.

ouo;;; Their souls?

Shuri

That goes to proof that you base your opinion on the degree of you playing Beginner Mode, which, by the fact, the forms make everything easier. :/
...OK. First, I was playing Normal, not Beginner. And I've watched my brother play Proud Mode, and the forms don't seem to be that much harder to deal with. Your point is moot, though, because I'm not advocating an easy incorporation of dual-wielding and I'm not advocating Drive Forms, I'm advocating a completely different method of dual-wielding for BBS that would have little or nothing to do with how it's used in KHII. The only reason I even brought up KHII was to state that I felt it was too easy, and if you're trying to tell me it's immensely harder in Proud Mode I'll call your bluff since from what I hear KHII just isn't that hard a game no matter how you play it.

Shuri/Eli

State

Awards
...OK. First, I was playing Normal, not Beginner. And I've watched my brother play Proud Mode, and the forms don't seem to be that much harder to deal with. Your point is moot, though, because I'm not advocating an easy incorporation of dual-wielding and I'm not advocating Drive Forms, I'm advocating a completely different method of dual-wielding for BBS that would have little or nothing to do with how it's used in KHII. The only reason I even brought up KHII was to state that I felt it was too easy in KHII, and if you're trying to tell me it's immensely harder in Proud Mode I'll call your bluff since from what I hear KHII just isn't that hard a game no matter how you play it.

Shuri/Eli
Your point is also moot since you haven't actually played Proud Mode. :/ There's a difference between Normal and Proud Modes. I never said it was difficult, I was suggesting that you should try dual-wielding in P Mode.

Muse

you look atrocious
Yes, their souls. Goes to show if they were hearts, Xemnas' would've wanted them.

Is what I think you mean.

The only reason I even brought up KHII was to state that I felt it was too easy, and if you're trying to tell me it's immensely harder in Proud Mode I'll call your bluff since from what I hear KHII just isn't that hard a game no matter how you play it.

I think what someone said about Critical Mode is that they cut your health bar down and make the enemies deal more damage. :v So that's how they made it 'harder'.

State

Awards
Is what I think you mean.

I think what someone said about Critical Mode is that they cut your health bar down and make the enemies deal more damage. :v So that's how they made it 'harder'.
P Mode only adjusts the enemies attacks and HP, it doesn't touch the character, from what I've seen.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Your point is also moot since you haven't actually played Proud Mode. :/ There's a difference between Normal and Proud Modes. I never said it was difficult, I was suggesting that you should try dual-wielding in P Mode.

I, however, HAVE played Proud and the increase in difficulty is insignificant. Critical however, is something different entirely.

Muse

you look atrocious
That wouldn't be very much fun though, especially with the outcome being more than likely that TAV lose. :/ Why would you want to gain an extra power if it doesn't even change the outcome of the next part?

At the very least, halfway into the game would be nice. They'd have gained the experience they'd need for the second Keyblade by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back