• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS.Hikari/Simple and Clean

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I hope for the Remix. Because it's my favourite version so far and it just give me a gush of nostalgia when listening to it. But normal is fine... Because it's better than passion/sanctuary

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
I hope for the Remix. Because it's my favourite version so far and it just give me a gush of nostalgia when listening to it. But normal is fine... Because it's better than passion/sanctuary

I have to admit, I did not like Passion/Sanctuary as much myself, so at least they're using S&C.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Right.

The only feeling it leaves me with is that Square-Enix is lazy, has no money and pretty much fails using Simple and Clean.
Sure, it's an awesome song, no doubt about it.

But it is part of a timeline that is 10 years in the future and the games that revolve around that time period (KH1, Chain of Memories and in a way Coded)
Passion is part of the timeline after KHCoM (which would be KH2 and 358/2 days)

It just feels really cheap for them to use this song AGAIN. If Utada Hikaru doesn't want to co-operate anymore (which is her loss, I might add) then find a new artist. They have enough artists to choose from, look at the Final Fantasy singers. I bet one of them would love to sing a song for Disney and Square-Enix once more. I mean, who wouldn't? Oh wait, taht'd be Utada Hikaru. Well you know what, then screw her and DON'T USE HER SONG FOR THE NEXT GAME.

Period.

Dragonsblight

I myself would personally prefer the remix but with more battling scenes in it like some of the riku vs sora battle scenes in kh2 re.COM

KOIKOIBA

Just like the japanese commercial for Re:CoM they will just use Hikari for that Spot and the Remix as the actual Opening.

thisisthebeat

Instead of Utada having to come up with a new song couldn't they just get one of her songs from her English album and stick it in the game? I wonder if she would mind..

But her new English album is surprisingly R&B and hip hop so it might not work.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well they are probably going to use the normal version of Hikari/S&C for the opening...but what will they use at the end...?

Utada (as much as I love her music) hasn't had the best songs out lately. Her Heartstation album was kinda flat save for two songs...and This Is The One was okay. I liked Exodus better. It is her loss that she doesn't want to work for SE. We have those other awesome Japanese singers (and Leona Lewis) to choose from. As much as I think KH would sound weird without Utada singing the theme, it doesn't bother me too much now. I would like it if they tried to convince her to sing one more theme but if not, who cares.

thisisthebeat

Except Leona Lewis, or choosing any non-Japanese singer gets people all hot and bothered >_<

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I honestly don't mind how many games it's used in; however, it would be nice to use a different remix.

Kiwi +

Push Ethan Page!
Awards
I like the song..sure it's been used a few times..but still like it..would be cool if something a little different was used...though..

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Like what Zeagel said, I also hope for a different mix, though I'm not saying I don't like the existing versions.

Speaking of mix, did anyone else besides me think it was amusing that for the remix of Hikari/Simple and Clean, the singing starts at exactly two minutes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back