• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS may have been KH III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe1092

Awards
THIS INFORMATION IS FROM E3 2010, BUT WAS PUBLISHED BY MERISTATION.COM

*Was translated from spanish to english.

A representative from Square Enix has told a website specialized in RPGs that Birth By Sleep, the latest installment of the franchise that has seen the light on Japanese territory, it could well have been called Kingdom Hearts III, such is the magnitude of the project.

Since the company stressed that this adventure is "more than just a spin-off." The game is "so massive" that could "belong to the catalog of PS2." The delivery has been highly successful in Japan, but so far not confirmed the development of the third part of the franchise. Tetsuya Nomura, the director of it, hinted this idea, but has never come to confirm.

The representatives have simply stated that "Kingdom Hearts is a series well known" and that appears likely sooner or later due to popular demand. Birth By Sleep will come to the European market later this year.

Source: KH13.com - BBS may have been KH III and http://www.meristation.comhttp://kh13.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8015

αsiя

space coke
It technically can be be called KHIII or KH0. I won't call it KHIII since it's not after KH2, but calling it KH0 has the same meaning.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
It doesn't have to take place after KH2 to be called KH3.

MGS3 is similar and no calls it Metal Gear 0

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Didn't we find out about this some time ago?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
so they meant it had as much impact and importance as well as quality of numbered titles

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
so they meant it had as much impact and importance as well as quality of numbered titles

Pretty much. It was kinda obvious that it had that level of importance. Unfortunately, this needs to be restated several times because not everyone keeps up with news.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
IMO I don't think they ment that BbS possibly being titled KH3 was literal, I think they were just stressing the importance of the game.

Mog

Awards
Chronologically BBS can't be KH3.It's set 10 years before KH1 so yeah you could call it KH0.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
IMO I don't think they ment that BbS possibly being titled KH3 was literal, I think they were just stressing the importance of the game.

Exactly. Though sometimes I wish it was called KH3 just so people would stop complaining about the "useless side games Nomura's wasting his time on instead of giving us KH3." So annoying...

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
It doesn't have to take place after KH2 to be called KH3.

MGS3 is similar and no calls it Metal Gear 0

That's a bit different. Its actual title was Metal Gear Solid 3 with Snake Eater/Subsistence.

If it had been just called Metal Gear Solid: EVA's Funbags, people would have appreciated the impact it had on the game, but they wouldn't be calling it MGS3. Still, suggestions of MGS0, much like KH0, would probably go around as well.

Rexy

Bronze Member
Well Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was after Kingdom Hearts 1 and he is not called Kingdom Hearts 2

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
BBS is not KH3. BBS is KH0. Nomura said not too long before the game came out in Japan that BBS is KH0. He said BBS, KH1, and KH2 are on the same level of importance, they are all main games. The only reason BBS wasn't given the number 0 in it's title was because Sora wasn't the main character. But all in all BBS is still KH0.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was after Kingdom Hearts 1 and he is not called Kingdom Hearts 2

CoM was originally going to be called KH: Lost Memories iirc ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back