• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS Opening Movie?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicka

I've seen a lot of speculation around on what BBS' secret movie is, and what the game's song will be, but so far I haven't seen anything discussing what the game's opening movie will be. So here's a thread to discuss and speculate on what we think BBS' opening will be.

I'm personally hoping that it'll be an FMV cinematic like the opening movies for the numbered games; certainly the PSP could support an FMV movie. Though granted, the other side games all had in-game style graphics for their opening movies.

What's of more interest is what the movie is going to show in the first place. I'm leaning more toward it being a surreal dream-like sequence like the KH1 opening, because it wouldn't make much sense for it to show events in the previous games (like KH2's and ReCoM's)--BBS is chronologically the first, so what could they show that came before it? (scenes from the Keyblade Wars? IDK)

Maybe it'll show scenes from the trio's Awakenings; IIRC the KH1 opening seemed like it was setting up Sora's Awakening.

So, discuss away! ^^

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I have never thought of what the opening movie would be. Maybe it will show Ven, Aqua, and Terra joining Master Eraqus. I wonder what song would be playing then.

Twilight_Angel_

Hmmm, not sure. But I hope it's like the opening to KH 1&2. The PSP can crank out such graphics, it's like a handheld PS2 almost...I also hope there's a new song by Utada....KH needs a new one...But who knows, we'll see when it comes out.

Athel

Machinist
This would be awesome:

An FMV opening that starts from KH2 and goes backwards. As in, KH2's opening was a recap of KH1, CoM and set the beginning of KH2. BBS should start from KH2 and rewind, going through Days, CoM, KH1 and coming to the beginning of BBS.

I also hope there's a new song by Utada....KH needs a new one...But who knows, we'll see when it comes out.

If I remember right, Utada said she wasn't doing another song for the KH series.

Utada ended her run with the KH franchise. No new songs.

MasteruXehanorto

This would be awesome:

An FMV opening that starts from KH2 and goes backwards. As in, KH2's opening was a recap of KH1, CoM and set the beginning of KH2. BBS should start from KH2 and rewind, going through Days, CoM, KH1 and coming to the beginning of BBS.

Yeah that would be really awesome but it would contain huge spoilers to whom haven't played the other games...

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
This would be awesome:

Thinking the same thing =)
I'd like it to go so far back as Sora and Riku fighting as kids with VAT showing up in there somewhere.

Bicka

That's an awesome idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it. ^^

Though it would be rather long...but thinking of all those scenes, in FMV quality...that would be epic indeed.

IDK if Nomura would want to expend that much effort on the opening movie of a side game, though.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I actually thought of it the other day. I imagined it starting soundly with the cutscene from KH2 when everything was really eerie and everyone were looking at Xeahnort's painting and someone says something about who that man really is...Then everything fades away and we get an awesome CGI cutscene ala Square-Enix! :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

^I really like this idea, but I agree with MasteruXehanorto; it might reveal spoilers for those who haven't played the other games. Regardless of what the opening is, it'll be awesome. We know from Crisis Core that the PSP can support CG cutscenes, so I have no doubt that it'll be beautiful. I'm just curious to who the new song will be sung by, if there is one.

Aria

braver by the minute
This would be awesome:

This is the best idea I've heard for it so far. I don't really think it would spoil to much for people though, since most of them would have played the previous games, and it would give them background knowlege of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back