• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS Plotholes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Yuki08

Someone help me understand:
1) When does Ventus hear about the Unversed? In Olympus, he starts calling them Unversed without the player receiving indication that he learned this name.
2) How does Terra transport Ventus to Destiny Islands? I understand that they can use the Lanes Between to travel from world to world, but if they could travel with the corridors, why wouldn't they do that in the first place? Do they need to know how to reach the location before they can travel via corridors?
I know this is 10 years late, but these plotholes nag me and take me out of the story a little bit, which is a bummer! I love these games and would love some explanation.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
1) At some point during the development of the game, Ven was probably made aware of the unversed. In the final cut of the game, that didn't happen but they didn't fix it so that he would learn about them and voila, Ven knows about the unversed for some reason. Fun fandom interpretation is he somehow gleamed that information for Vanitas, just like Vanitas is able to gleam information off of him.

2) Terra has been to Destiny Island before to that very beach. We're just meant to assume in that instance, their keybeam transportation works just like dark corridors. Like Sora transported from Destiny Island to the perfect spot in the Realm of Darkness using Aqua's keyblade.

I mean, if these are the only two plotholes that really bother you.... well, let's just say you haven't even scratched the surface.

Yuki08

Thanks for your response! I’ve heard the Vanitas fandom theory. I’ve never been a huge fan of it, but I suppose it works cause I doubt we’ll get any other answer for it lol. Sometimes, I wish the light novels and manga were canon cause they tend to fill in gaps.
What are some of the other prominent plotholes?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Number 1) is pretty much a dumb screw up on the Donald-&-Goofy-didn't-recongnize-Yen-Sid's-Tower-in-KH2 scale.

AegisXIII

Awards
You just ruined my childhood. Nothing makes sense anymore. I am done. Goodbye.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
1) In the novel (I think?) Ven kind of syphons it off of Vanitas (like how Vanitas was syphoning off Ven [the novel gives Vanitas a LOT more character]).
2) I think it's kind of like checkpoints? If you've been there, you can visualize it and transport yourself there (and given that Terra had been there and saw how full of light and safe it was probably did it without even thinking). But if you're exploring, then it's Keyblade Glider time.

Yuki08

1) In the novel (I think?) Ven kind of syphons it off of Vanitas (like how Vanitas was syphoning off Ven [the novel gives Vanitas a LOT more character]).
2) I think it's kind of like checkpoints? If you've been there, you can visualize it and transport yourself there (and given that Terra had been there and saw how full of light and safe it was probably did it without even thinking). But if you're exploring, then it's Keyblade Glider time.
Are there a lot of segments where Vanitas gets info from Ven? I must've missed that.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Yeah. More visual and feelings than anything else. He could feel Ventus hurting (from Terra's questioning), then sleeping (afterwards), then waking up, the nothing (cause he was still broken), then slowly developing his ego again (then Vanitas starts to see snippet visions from Ventus of events and the appearances of Master Eraqus, Terra and Aqua). This kind of becomes one of his driving goals, cause he gets all jealous and self-pitying.

Back