• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS rated E10+?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The lack of mention of it in the ESRB writeup says little, really.

I mean, look at the Final Fantasy XIII writeup (FFXIII spoilers ahead). It's so interested in the backless chaps of the dancers who appear for all of three seconds in Nautilus that it forgets all about Sazh's attempted suicide and Cid getting shot in the head.

I'm not sure if it's just the ESRB being weird or... well, the writeups kind of sound like descriptions of the trailers that they supposedly rate the games from. Maybe Squenix is so spoilerphobic that they avoid giving the ESRB certain scenes (with the justification that it's no worse than what they did show)?

So theres still a chance they didn't get rid of it?

Ikkin

Bronze Member
So theres still a chance they didn't get rid of it?

Exactly.

The fact that the ESRB didn't mention it says nothing except that... well, the ESRB didn't mention it. It'd be far more comforting if they did (and probably kind of amusing to see how they would describe it), but their lack of mention can't be taken as evidence one way or the other because they're always inconsistent.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thank the gaming gods. Theres still a chance.

Just wondering, is the ESRB team all male?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they all are, to mention boobs but not wounds, cuz we men are the "only" thing we care about: boobs! ¬ ¬

Thats not true....

But in the case of the ESRB it could be.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Yup and theyr jealous as hell to all hot video game babes and would do anything to cencor them so we guys cant enjoy em ;).

Blaming jealous middle-aged mothers just doesn't feel right to me. I mean, it's not like anything was censored. The ESRB just felt the need to mention something that no one would have noticed if they were watching the scenes in the way a normal player will see them.

Which would be a pretty useless thing for that kind of conspiracy to do, honestly.

I actually suspect that this is the result of some new recruit who wanted to make absolutely sure he didn't miss anything and decided that going down a checklist of things he's supposed to look out for, playing all of his reference materials in slow-mo to make sure he didn't miss anything, and assuming the worst in all cases was the best way to do this.

Which apparently somehow resulted in him deciding that Aqua looking like a woman is more suggestive than the back of Terra's armor.

*wonders if the ESRB would find the same problem if they were given clips of Aqua's model performing Terra's animation*

State

Awards
In a good way, cut-content would mean that they would need to fill that empty space with something. ;)

Vanille

I will thinkt hey will keep it in because they are adding more stuff to the usa version, so I wouldn't worry about taking some scenes out.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Are we allowed to ask Square or ESRB if that scene you guys are talking about was censored? I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about even though I don't want to be spoiled, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back