• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS SE: Namine at the mansion. BBSv2 Secret trailer: Kairi at the mansion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can't get why people here really think this scene was post-KHII. All of the scene in the trailer shows things that happened between the games, why would that scene (which was not even the last scene of the trailer) shows something of the future, while none of the other scene relly does?

That's actually not true...there are scenes which can't be set in the timeline between KH: BBS and KH: Coded, like Xehanort on the beach of DI turning around changing into Ansem SoD, Xemnas and then Master Xehanort, Sora vanishing from the Papou tree and Ven's body disappearing from the chamber of waking.
While these scenes may be only symbolical in meaning for something they are new...as well as the one of Riku stalking Roxas and Xion, DiZ actually inserting the data into the sleeping Sora and of course also the Kairi scene.

It can't be said for sure that the Kairi scene is after Coded or during KH II, but the possibility that Kairi will finally do something besides her current two main actions (sitting on the Islands twiddling thumbs or getting kidnapped) is there and has to be taken into consideration.

Absolute

That's actually not true...there are scenes which can't be set in the timeline between KH: BBS and KH: Coded, like Xehanort on the beach of DI turning around changing into Ansem SoD, Xemnas and then Master Xehanort, Sora vanishing from the Papou tree and Ven's body disappearing from the chamber of waking.
While these scenes may be only symbolical in meaning for something they are new...as well as the one of Riku stalking Roxas and Xion, DiZ actually inserting the data into the sleeping Sora and of course also the Kairi scene.

It can't be said for sure that the Kairi scene is after Coded or during KH II, but the possibility that Kairi will finally do something besides her current two main actions (sitting on the Islands twiddling thumbs or getting kidnapped) is there and has to be taken into consideration.

And they have to do something with Kairi now that she can also use a keyblade.

Plus, there has to be a reason as to why they even added that scene of her. Wasn't it said that 3D would be looking into what Diz put into Sora? And then there's a scene of DiZ at the computer with Sora still sleeping. So maybe there is a bigger meaning to Kairi at the mansion.

KOIKOIBA

Yeah, I think the last scenes were symbolic. And Riku's stalking is new, yeah, actually all the scene were new footage, I did not denied but they are all set between BBS and RE:Coded. Of cource all of that is/may be important, but I just wonder why everyone keep thinking or speculating that only the Kairi scene would be something Post-Re:Coded, when all the others were not.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, I think the last scenes were symbolic. And Riku's stalking is new, yeah, actually all the scene were new footage, I did not denied but they are all set between BBS and RE:Coded. Of cource all of that is/may be important, but I just wonder why everyone keep thinking or speculating that only the Kairi scene would be something Post-Re:Coded, when all the others were not.

Because it doesn't add up with how it was portrayed in KH 2:
Kairi came out of the dark corridor at Twilight Town and befriended Hayner and the others, then starting to tell them her story, all still in the usual spot.
The time period between when Kairi arrived and Axel came after her is not that long.
Even if HPO did give Kairi a tour through the town...the old mansion is not part of the town, so why would they go there?

Another, and honestly very strong point for people to speculate about this something new about Kairi after KH II is that many, many fans are desperate to see finally some insight and development for her.
While we have several major and important female characters, Kairi is supposed to be the "main" female lead of the "main" trio, and yet still Aqua, Naminé and Xion are way more developed than her.
Kairi is, up to now, development-wise basically on the same level as Vanitas if we look on personal motivations, thoughts and insight about the character.
Main difference? Vanitas was in 1 game so far (and the second most recent), Kairi is there since the first installment, and her development lacks quite a bit.

So yeah, very many people just want to see a bit more of Kairi and finally some real development for her, not pseudo-development for Sora and Riku through her.

KOIKOIBA

Even if HPO did give Kairi a tour through the town...the old mansion is not part of the town, so why would they go there?through her.

Well, first a new kid (Sora) came to the town and leave HPO with a feeling behind that they can't describe. Then some times after, a girld (Kairi) arrived mysteriously through a black hole, from the wall. So, don't tell me, that I would be the only one who would show the mysterous girld the mysterious old mansion? And even if it is no part of the town, it is well known (seeing that Roxas + HPO + Sifer and his gang (and don't forget, even Vivi stays there sometimes) was there in some cutscenes). I know everyone wants to see some developmentfrom her, but does that really blinded you to combine the facts?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Well, first a new kid (Sora) came to the town and leave HPO with a feeling behind that they can't describe. Then some times after, a girld (Kairi) arrived mysteriously through a black hole, from the wall. So, don't tell me, that I would be the only one who would show the mysterous girld the mysterious old mansion? And even if it is no part of the town, it is well known (seeing that Roxas + HPO + Sifer and his gang (and don't forget, even Vivi stays there sometimes) was there in some cutscenes). I know everyone wants to see some developmentfrom her, but does that really blinded you to combine the facts?
No one is actually right I hope you guys know. Either The scene takes place during KH2 or after, now on that note I do agree with Chaser and Sephi the timeline (to me) makes sense.

Mog

Awards
This sounds like it might work but just as a cutscene only. How can she be playable with no keyblade. This scene took place before she got Destiny's Embrace from Riku.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This sounds like it might work but just as a cutscene only. How can she be playable with no keyblade. This scene took place before she got Destiny's Embrace from Riku.

Huh? WTF has having a keyblade to do with being playable? You don't need a keyblade to be a playable character.
Destiny Embrace is also only borrowed and not her keyblade, and, like loke13 pointed out, we don't know when this scene takes place.

Mog

Awards
Huh? WTF has having a keyblade to do with being playable? You don't need a keyblade to be a playable character.
Destiny Embrace is also only borrowed and not her keyblade, and, like loke13 pointed out, we don't know when this scene takes place.
What the hell is the point of a character being playable with no weapon?Pointless.It would just be like controlling Roxas at the very start of KH2 in the Tram Cannon. I know it's not her keyblade, I didn't even say it was her keyblade so please read the whole post before flaming. Well, it looks like her time in Twilight Town in KH2 before Axel abducted her, if not the scene could take place in 3D.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because it doesn't add up with how it was portrayed in KH 2

This would not be the first timeline retcon in the series, though. We were talking in the Xion CC about some tangles Days made of CoM's timeline, for example.

I agree with koikoiba, I think the scene happened during KH2, because of the placement in the trailer. And if it was, then the theory in the OP wouldn't work, because I'm sure Namine and Kairi met for the very first time in KH2, in the dungeon in TWTNW. She wouldn't have a reason to want to know about Namine's secrets yet.

Idk. I just hope it gives Kairi something important to do :p

Awards
This would not be the first timeline retcon in the series, though. We were talking in the Xion CC about some tangles Days made of CoM's timeline, for example.

For those wondering:
- The Days timeline says that Sora arrives at CO on Day 24 and goes to sleep on Day 49, or 25 days.
- Marluxia writes a secret report about Vexen being eliminated on Day 27. In other words, 3 days after Sora entered CO.

To put that into perspective, that means Sora would have had to have gone through 12 floors in 3 days, and then the final floor would have taken 22 days. That is so illogical, it's downright impossible. The fight with Marluxia occurred on the same day as Sora went to sleep, on the 49th Day. So... what? The fight with Larxene must have at least taken a week!

As you can see, the timing makes no sense.

To add to this, there's also the issue of when Xehanort becomes a Heartless.
Nomura has said this is a year after BbS, which is backed by what was said in KH1 about Maleficent taking over 9 years ago. However, AtW in his reports said that he had taken in Xehanort "some years ago," which would mean that it woud have had to have been less than 9 years ago. This is supported by the fact that Xemnas, Xigbar, and Zexion all have visible signs of aging, when Nobodies are said not to age.

So, obviously, Kingdom Hearts is not great with producing a consistent timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back