• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BbS Sells 446k In First Week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Spoiler

Re: BbS Sells Over 500k in Two Days

I just dont see why they finished so fast... I hope they did a good job! D:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I really do hope for a late march-early april date. sooner in NA, sooner in Aus :57:

The Fishman

Keyblade Master

Go Kingdom Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If BBS sold over 500,000 copies in just two days, how much do you think it will sell in its existence?
I might be pushing it, but it might sell about 3 to 4 million copies throughout its existence, maybe even more.

Sorikux

Go Kingdom Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If BBS sold over 500,000 copies in just two days, how much do you think it will sell in its existence?
I might be pushing it, but it might sell about 3 to 4 million copies throughout its existence, maybe even more.

Ha...you're kidding me right? The only game to do that on the PSP was Monster Hunter Unite...this game won't do 3-4 mil with the PSP's bad sales outside of Japan. It'll do 800-900k in Japan though which is great for KH. But let's not go overboard now.

Btw, real numbers are in and it sold 446k.

Media Create Sales: Jan. 4 - 10, 2010 - NeoGAF

αsiя

space coke

Ha...you're kidding me right? The only game to do that on the PSP was Monster Hunter Unite...this game won't do 3-4 mil with the PSP's bad sales outside of Japan. It'll do 800-900k in Japan though which is great for KH. But let's not go overboard now.

Btw, real numbers are in and it sold 446k.

Media Create Sales: Jan. 4 - 10, 2010 - NeoGAF

Dont question it
Monster Hunter is famous is Japan but here in America Kingdom Hearts is more known
I could see BBS selling 3-4 million essepically with all the anticipation
We know majority of the KH fans will get it
new people will get it
and those stupid noobs will get it
and there's more noobs than real fans

OMG I just saw the future
in a couple of months this site will be filled with NOOBS

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Edited in the more accurate number. Still quite excellent though.

Edit: Oh, and another number from FF-Reunion places it as 478,400. With all these numbers, I should just post the heading as "BbS Sells Shit-Loads".

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Edited in the more accurate number. Still quite excellent though.

Edit: Oh, and another number from FF-Reunion places it as 478,400. With all these numbers, I should just post the heading as "BbS Sells Shit-Loads".

seriously, that's still a lot of games sold in the first week(not even yet)

darkheart709

Bronze Member

Dont question it
Monster Hunter is famous is Japan but here in America Kingdom Hearts is more known
new people will get it

while i think it will sell, i seriously doubt it will sell that good. The fact thats its on the psp also hurts it since psp software is pirated alot

How's that compared to Crisis Core?

CC did 490k in its first week

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

while i think it will sell, i seriously doubt it will sell that good. The fact thats its on the psp also hurts it since psp software is pirated alot

Yeah, but I don't think that anyone, so far, has been able to hack the game and make it work.

Sorikux

Dont question it
new people will get it

The majority of KH fans in the West are Disney fans which explains the reason why KH games outsell most RPGs (even FF) and in NA have legs instead of being frontloaded. The PSP isn't a very Disney platform so it'll sell mainly to FF fans which hardly take up the majority of KH fans.

The PSP isn't the PS2, the game won't sell like KH1 or KH2. They may have found a good anti-piracy workaround for BBS but what can I say...don't underestimate pirates, especially for a big game like this.

xhavenx

so i guess NEARLY 500k is good. although i was excited about "above 500k" notion. but yeah, thats still great.
also, dont underestimate KDH. maybe it CAN sell up to the million mark and maybe it cant.
some KDH fans are willing to buy a psp for the game. if i didnt have one, i would buy one just for KDH. but theres also the possibility of people downloading the game online.. which i really hope doesnt happen because i really want BBS to be successful in the west.
so i guess im saying we dont know what would happen until BBS comes out.. which i hope would be soon!

?<birthbysleep>?

this is a little bit wrong the first week for videogames are meassured from sunday to saturday which means they didn't count sunday the 10th so birth by sleep first week was only meassured by release day sells which are not bad at all now the first 2 day surpassed the 500K mark that's what i think given the fact that with XIII was the same case they counted sells from thursday to saturday because sunday is when they make the count for the week sales so they count sunday sales as if they were from the following week...if am wrong please correct me

Trimms

If it can hit 1,000,000 in Japan (which I don't think it will) by the NA release, then it could potentially hit 2.5 million.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
ï¼*Dæ�¾å°¾ã�®ãƒ’ット解æž�:「ã‚*ングダãƒ* ãƒ�ーツã€�5ï¼�万本ã�®å¥½ã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ãƒˆã€€ã€Œãƒ�イオã€�人気ã�‹(ã�¾ã‚“ã�Ÿã‚“ウェブ) - 毎日jï½�(毎日新è�ž)

Along with rumors that Birth by Sleep is selling out in stores, we have a new report that says it has sold 500,000 copies in it's first two days. I wonder how the sales figures will look at the end of the week? If it's selling out, did SE not anticipate such demand for this title?

Original Source: FF-Reunion

Edited for newer more accurate number.

Source: ??????? - ?????

Edit #2: FF-Reunion gives us another number - 478,400. Now I'm really not sure of accuracy.

Wow, that is pretty amazing! 500,000.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back