• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[BBS SPOILERS] Sora and Riku Trained

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
I know this has been discussed a little bit in other threads, but I kinda just wanted to put this question out there for more discussion.

After seeing the things that Aqua, Terra, and Ven can do that later Keybladers like Sora and Riku can't, it's pretty safe to assume it's because the latter have had no "training." They've learned a FEW things from their own experiences, but nothing near what TAV have gotten from a real, experienced Master like Eraqus.

Some of the things we've seen are having their Keyblades change shape, quite drastically, and use them for multiple purposes. The question is, is this something present in all Keyblades, and it just depends on its owner to discover them, or is it just some special ability TAV have (which I doubt)?

If so, then do you think that Sora and Riku (and therefore Mickey) would be able to use these Keyblade Transformation techniques, if trained?

Also, even though it seems like something Master Eraqus made specifically for his Apprentices, could Sora and Riku gain the armor? This would eliminate their need of a gummi ship (for Sora) or using Corridors of Darkness (for Riku, even though he has lost the ability by now.)

Which also leads to another ability we've seen. It's been seen that the way TAV enter the space between worlds is blasting open a portal with a beam from their Keyblades. Again, something Sora and Riku could learn?

So, the question is, could Sora and Riku do these things if taught, and seeing as we obviously don't know an answer, it's more of your opinions.

Discuss.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I know this has been discussed a little bit in other threads, but I kinda just wanted to put this question out there for more discussion.

After seeing the things that Aqua, Terra, and Ven can do that later Keybladers like Sora and Riku can't, it's pretty safe to assume it's because the latter have had no "training." They've learned a FEW things from their own experiences, but nothing near what TAV have gotten from a real, experienced Master like Eraqus.

Some of the things we've seen are having their Keyblades change shape, quite drastically, and use them for multiple purposes. The question is, is this something present in all Keyblades, and it just depends on its owner to discover them, or is it just some special ability TAV have (which I doubt)?

If so, then do you think that Sora and Riku (and therefore Mickey) would be able to use these Keyblade Transformation techniques, if trained?

Also, even though it seems like something Master Eraqus made specifically for his Apprentices, could Sora and Riku gain the armor? This would eliminate their need of a gummi ship (for Sora) or using Corridors of Darkness (for Riku, even though he has lost the ability by now.)

Which also leads to another ability we've seen. It's been seen that the way TAV enter the space between worlds is blasting open a portal with a beam from their Keyblades. Again, something Sora and Riku could learn?

So, the question is, could Sora and Riku do these things if taught, and seeing as we obviously don't know an answer, it's more of your opinions.

Discuss.

I think they could, theoretically. Though I wonder why Mickey doesn't appear to be using his keyblade for travel or shapeshifting it. Neither did we see MX or Vanitas do it. I think that maybe it's something specifically from Master Eraqus. His style, transferred to TAV.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
i think Sora and Riku's keyblades were special in that some consequence caused their existence, in my opinion, maybe when the x-blade was destroyed, the realm of light and realm of dark keyblades were formed, Riku's is special because it transformed i believe, so their keyblades are most likely different than the ones TAV had.

TheBucket

Website
www.youtube.com
I think they could, theoretically. Though I wonder why Mickey doesn't appear to be using his keyblade for travel or shapeshifting it. Neither did we see MX or Vanitas do it. I think that maybe it's something specifically from Master Eraqus. His style, transferred to TAV.

Remember though that Xehanort and Vanitas had no NEED to do it. They both traveled using Dark Corridors, and were powerful enough not to need to transform their keyblades.

And as far as Mickey goes, we didn't really see enough of him to make that sort of judgement. Also, we're never told HOW he travels. Could be Corridors, could be gummi ship, or he could still be using his Star Fragment.

EDIT: And as for their Keyblade's creation (Sora and Riku's), I do agree they are not normal, and that may have an affect on them, but also remember we are still not told where EXACTLY keyblades come from. I personally think it's obvious that they come from their user's heart. And if this is so, then really only Sora's Kingdom Key and Mickey's Kingdom Key D are "special," because they're not their own. Or at least not "their own" because they did not create them. So maybe Sora and Mickey can't use Transformations, but I think the Way to Dawn could, because, even though it wasn't a keyblade to begin with, it still came from Riku's heart.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I'm gonna have to agree with Mangartist here.

I mean, Mickey trained under Yen Sid, didn't he? And yet, we don't see him pulling out a huge shapeshifting keyblade and blasting portals to other worlds. owo

It'd make sense for that to be the style with which Master Erauqs taught VAT, same way how Master Xehanort seems to have taught Vanitas his own style.

And as for Sora and Riku ever being able to do such things, theoretically, yes they could. If they spent long enough trying they could probably learn most any technique so long as it didn't completely contradict what they've learned thus far [for example, Riku could do better with Terra's moves but, small hits like Ven probably wouldn't suit him].

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
About Mickey, Scrooge McDuck stated in KH2 that he used to travel with Mickey by gummi ship. But of course, that's still "used to"

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

he doesn't need to they have gummi ships now.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Remember though that Xehanort and Vanitas had no NEED to do it. They both traveled using Dark Corridors, and were powerful enough not to need to transform their keyblades.

We don't know if they did or didn't need to. Also that doesn't explain them not having any armor.

And as far as Mickey goes, we didn't really see enough of him to make that sort of judgement. Also, we're never told HOW he travels. Could be Corridors, could be gummi ship, or he could still be using his Star Fragment.

Actually we do, he uses the Star Fragment, which is now called a Gummi Block.

TheBucket

Website
www.youtube.com
We don't know if they did or didn't need to. Also that doesn't explain them not having any armor.

Actually we do, he uses the Star Fragment, which is now called a Gummi Block.

I wasn't talking about the armor. I know that the armor was just for Eraqus and TAV. I meant the keyblades transforming.

And as for Mickey, yeah, that's how he did it in BBS, when they only had one fragment. But later on, he had an entire gummi ship garage in the Castle, so maybe he had his own ship. Or maybe later on he used Corridors to move around. We don't know.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I wasn't talking about the armor. I know that the armor was just for Eraqus and TAV. I meant the keyblades transforming.

And as for Mickey, yeah, that's how he did it in BBS, when they only had one fragment. But later on, he had an entire gummi ship garage in the Castle, so maybe he had his own ship. Or maybe later on he used Corridors to move around. We don't know.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, but the keyblade transformations have more uses than just transportation, like Terra's cannon and Aqua's bow. It just seems strange that only three characters, trained by the same person use it like that.

And as for Mickey, I guess that's something for the next game to explain. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back