• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS the best KH game out of the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuStArD LuVeR

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY
KH1 will alwasy be my fave, but BBS looks cool
CoM would be my second fave

Why does everyone hate on 2? It's by far my favorite, mainly for the improved combat system, an actual camera, and an actual ability to low level (as bosses do not give XP).

And I find KHII to be harder than KH if played on proud and low leveling. The only problem I had on my last KH playthrough (a year ago) was Tiger Head/Cave of Wonders,whcih was more cheap (@ camera) than anything.

Just my two cents.

And how is CoM>II? That's just hating for the sake of hating...

Actually, I only played KHII on proud cuz every1 said it was ez, and they were right lol

I played both on proud/expert, and KH1 was by far harder.
But KH2 was cool, looked much cooler I'll say

B

brosandi

What game is the "best" in the series will always be subjective. There's really no changing that.

A

Azrael

How so?

(25 Characters)

If he means KHII, well just look at the plot and compare it to the first and CoM.

The good thing is that BBS has more complicated reaction commands and though HP is smaller, the bosses are relatively more difficult.

Still. I'm ranking to duke the game at Proud Mode first.

Awards
Really, if you low level KHII (no random mobs. Only fight bosses and forced battles) it's the hardest. And yes, I've played ReCoM, KH, and CoM. CoM just needs decent slights and beatdown and ReCoM is slights or dueling w/ Riku. Though CoM/ReCoM made Ansem pretty hard. KH was just easy all around.

And this is someone who has MANY playthroughs of one and two. I had even planned to single segment run Proud in KHII (no saves, one sitting) before Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries mode stole my life.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?

The fact that it didnt give me a feeling of anything new.
Sure there were some surprises but yeah i didnt feel anything new.
Now dont even say thats because i read it all without playing it or w.e
The truth is i never played 1 OR 2 like 4 months ago i read it all and watched cutscenes and even after playing it i felt something new just like when id watch and read it.
This time i dotn even feel anything and i watched it in fatc i knew the story already which made it even more empty.

Kentsu13

Why does everyone hate on 2? It's by far my favorite, mainly for the improved combat system, an actual camera, and an actual ability to low level (as bosses do not give XP).

And I find KHII to be harder than KH if played on proud and low leveling. The only problem I had on my last KH playthrough (a year ago) was Tiger Head/Cave of Wonders,whcih was more cheap (@ camera) than anything.

Just my two cents.

i agree i thought kh2 was good yes it mite be easy but graphics and char/settign design it was very cool/pretty looking especially the drive forms

A113

I still have yet to play to get my final thoughts on the game but from spoiling (from 5 minutes of harmful spoiling to watching hours of stream gameplay, I feel ashamed ;_;) the game, It ties with KH1, which was I might add my first real video game :) (Lego Racers doesn't count, it was shit).

B

brosandi

If he means KHII, well just look at the plot and compare it to the first and CoM.
He was talking about BBS.

The fact that it didnt give me a feeling of anything new.
Sure there were some surprises but yeah i didnt feel anything new.
Now dont even say thats because i read it all without playing it or w.e
The truth is i never played 1 OR 2 like 4 months ago i read it all and watched cutscenes and even after playing it i felt something new just like when id watch and read it.
This time i dotn even feel anything and i watched it in fatc i knew the story already which made it even more empty.
So, because some parts were obvious, that makes the whole game the worst story in the series?
Ugh. It's a prequel, what did you honestly expect?

Kentsu13

I still have yet to play to get my final thoughts on the game but from spoiling (from 5 minutes of harmful spoiling to watching hours of stream gameplay, I feel ashamed ;_;) the game, It ties with KH1, which was I might add my first real video game :) (Lego Racers doesn't count, it was shit).

same here kh 1 was liek my first ps2 game

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I honestly can't say right now. I need to play it for myself. I can predict that it will beat KHII and Days, and maybe beat/tie with CoM. KH1 will always be first.

Detronilizer

Just my two cents.

I'm an enormous KH fan, but I have to agree that KH2 could have been better. For one, the gameplay really was too easy (Sora was ridiculously overpowered). Story-wise, the Disney worlds were practically irrelevant to the main plot, making a lot of the cutscenes feel dragged out. So while my overall impression of KH2 was that it's definitely high-end compared to other video games, it fails to come close to its two predecessors. In other words, KH2 wasn't a great KH game; it was a great game, period.

As for CoM, simply because of the story I found it only second to the first game. Its gameplay was enjoyably strategic, but at the same time somewhat frustrating which was its only problem.

Now BBS... I haven't played the Japanese version, nor do I plan to; I've tried my best to avoid spoilers. But from what I've seen it could just surpass CoM. After listening to a dozen of the tracks I'm already confident that BBS has the best soundtrack in the series. Gameplay-wise, watching the streams I can tell that they tried to bring back the best elements of the KH1 bosses; that is the bosses seem to actually take your position into account. The Vanitas battle for example really reminded me of the Rikunort boss from KH1 which was hard as hell yet still extremely fun since you can really make it look as epic as a cutscene battle. The best way I can describe it is that the fights are really "in your face", wherein the bosses strategize and don't just blindly charge at you wherever you are on the field like, for example, the Saïx battle from KH2. And best of all: the bosses don't seem to "abuse-by-looping attacks". I can't judge the story without playing it myself of course, but so far no one seems to be disappointed, so...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well it already beats KH2 and Days and I think it beats COM from what I have seen.

My final judgement however will come once I have actually played it.

Kentsu13

I'm an enormous KH fan, but I have to agree that KH2 could have been better. For one, the gameplay really was too easy (Sora was ridiculously overpowered). Story-wise, the Disney worlds were practically irrelevant to the main plot, making a lot of the cutscenes feel dragged out. So while my overall impression of KH2 was that it's definitely high-end compared to other video games, it fails to come close to its two predecessors. In other words, KH2 wasn't a great KH game; it was a great game, period.

As for CoM, simply because of the story I found it only second to the first game. Its gameplay was enjoyably strategic, but at the same time somewhat frustrating which was its only problem.

Now BBS... I haven't played the Japanese version, nor do I plan to; I've tried my best to avoid spoilers. But from what I've seen it could just surpass CoM. After listening to a dozen of the tracks I'm already confident that BBS has the best soundtrack in the series. Gameplay-wise, watching the streams I can tell that they tried to bring back the best elements of the KH1 bosses; that is the bosses seem to actually take your position into account. The Vanitas battle for example really reminded me of the Rikunort boss from KH1 which was hard as hell yet still extremely fun since you can really make it look as epic as a cutscene battle. The best way I can describe it is that the fights are really "in your face", wherein the bosses strategize and don't just blindly charge at you wherever you are on the field like, for example, the Saïx battle from KH2. And best of all: the bosses don't seem to "abuse-by-looping attacks". I can't judge the story without playing it myself of course, but so far no one seems to be disappointed, so...

ya rikunort battle was a pain i had to like retry it so many times until i finally gave up and lvled my self hella high then killed him pretty fast lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back