• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS the best KH game out of the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tirich91

To me, it's already the best in the series. KH 1 was my favorite, but it looks like birth by sleep will be the best. The new command system gives it a deeper RPG feel, the plot seems pretty deep also, and the situation that the characters find themselves in makes it really easy for you to sympathize with them. I can't wait until i can judge for myself though.

tirich91

I'm an enormous KH fan, but I have to agree that KH2 could have been better. For one, the gameplay really was too easy (Sora was ridiculously overpowered). Story-wise, the Disney worlds were practically irrelevant to the main plot, making a lot of the cutscenes feel dragged out. So while my overall impression of KH2 was that it's definitely high-end compared to other video games, it fails to come close to its two predecessors. In other words, KH2 wasn't a great KH game; it was a great game, period.

As for CoM, simply because of the story I found it only second to the first game. Its gameplay was enjoyably strategic, but at the same time somewhat frustrating which was its only problem.

Now BBS... I haven't played the Japanese version, nor do I plan to; I've tried my best to avoid spoilers. But from what I've seen it could just surpass CoM. After listening to a dozen of the tracks I'm already confident that BBS has the best soundtrack in the series. Gameplay-wise, watching the streams I can tell that they tried to bring back the best elements of the KH1 bosses; that is the bosses seem to actually take your position into account. The Vanitas battle for example really reminded me of the Rikunort boss from KH1 which was hard as hell yet still extremely fun since you can really make it look as epic as a cutscene battle. The best way I can describe it is that the fights are really "in your face", wherein the bosses strategize and don't just blindly charge at you wherever you are on the field like, for example, the Saïx battle from KH2. And best of all: the bosses don't seem to "abuse-by-looping attacks". I can't judge the story without playing it myself of course, but so far no one seems to be disappointed, so...
this is exactly how i feel about the series. The only difference is that i think BBS will be the best in the series.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
IMO its got the flashiness of KH2 but the diffulty of KH1 which is good.

Storyline wise it is the best in the serious and the saddest. Kh1 had too many boring parts for my taste.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll hold my judgement. It looks like a really enjoyable game though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, KH1 will always be my fav. And CoM is my second fav. I won't judge until I play but I see this beating KH2 and Days. I don't know about CoM though. It took me almost a year to beat CoM (but that was because I got pissed after dying after some unsaved floor-grinding and didn't touch it for five months) and time made the heart grow fond.

Kentsu13

i nv played com (only re com) so i cant judge it but kh1 was awesome played at least 3 times it was something refreshing it had a good balance of ff char and disney char i miss having some ff cast in the kh series and even the disney its liek all repeats bbs they do intro the princesses but like they were shown before and i cant think of a actually new char/world (princess worlds dont count)

Stardust Memory

Awards
Holding final judgement till I play it, but so far all signs point to it being the best (or at least, most refined) of the series in my opinion.

KH1 > CoM > 358/2 > KH2

I'd be surprised if after playing it that BBS doesn't at least fall in front of CoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back