• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS vol.2 - PSP or NGP (PSP2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

which system do you want BBS vol.2 on?

• PSP

Votes: 74 81.3%
  • NGP

Votes: 17 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Wing

Awards
There's been lots of talk lately about whether or not Birth by sleep vol.2 (assuming they are making one, which at the moment seems very plausible) will be released on PSP or sony's new upcoming hand held codenamed NGP.

I'm curious as to the actual number of people that would like it to be released for PSP versus those who would rather see it on the NGP.

I'd rather it be on PSP just cuz technically speaking it makes more sense, and also i don't want to have to buy ANOTHER system to keep up with this series. (as it is im already committed to a 3DS -_-)

(this is a "what system do you WANT the game on" poll, not a "what system do you think it'll be on" poll, for those of you that don't understand the question...)

Last edited:

Decrith

You should be more specific like (IF you can afford both, which console would you want BBSV2)

Gram

Banned
Awards
neither i cant afford either one and for once it'd be nice to have a kh game on a system i have. >:[

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Though I'm sure the game would look beautiful on the NGP, would run smoothly and have low loading times due to the new consoles power, I truly cannot be f**ked buying another new console for another new KH game. Though given the time when BBS-2 is likely to be released (Late this year or sometime next year, if the one game a year statement from Nomura holds true), it does seem quite plausible that BBS-2 could be on the NGP. And that is why God created rich friends to mooch off of.

Dark Wing

Awards
You should be more specific like (IF you can afford both, which console would you want BBSV2)

this question is simply your own opinion. how ever you arrive at that opinion is up to you, i don't really care, lol, i am just curious what system you WANT it to be on. not what you think it will be on, or anything else

Xorne

For this release I'd prefer it either go on the PSP (so fans needing another game to add to their interest of purchasing the games) can go and get a console with more than one game they're interested in. Plus it would be easier to just bundle them together on the same system.

Either that or as I mentioned previously... an NGP/PS3 dual release. Since the NGP is supposedly as strong as the PS3... why not just release the game on both consoles? I'd like this because I'll be getting a PS3 as soon as I figure out which model I want to pick up...

But honestly... I'm rooting for the PSP now that I know the NGP won't support UMDs and it would seem crappy to have to switch between systems to play the BBS games.

Either way I'll get it... I'd *prefer* a new KH game for the NGP that doesn't involve BBS.

NotaHero21

PSP of course, not only are we talking smarter marketing but the team already has experience with the console, which would likely make it possible for them to improve easier on what they already developed. As well making the design for said game to go by faster along with the development processes.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Too few options, I vote 3DS. PSP's a sinking ship, NGP would require too high of a budget than Square would bother for a side-story game. 3DS has the right graphics level, already supports 2 KH games & is getting another. If v2 is closer to completion then it could be the appetizer before DDD. They could also do a quick port of BBSFM while they're at it.

I also wouldn't rule out the off chance Wii possibility, it's been far too long since the series has been on a console. If Mickey's playable then Disney could leverage off of Epic Mickey's success.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Too few options, I vote 3DS. PSP's a sinking ship, NGP would require too high of a budget than Square would bother for a side-story game. 3DS has the right graphics level, already supports 2 KH games & is getting another. If v2 is closer to completion then it could be the appetizer before DDD. They could also do a quick port of BBSFM while they're at it.

I also wouldn't rule out the off chance Wii possibility, it's been far too long since the series has been on a console. If Mickey's playable then Disney could leverage off of Epic Mickey's success.

I don't vote off the Wii either, but not this saga. No on the 3DS. That will take too long to make and release and include a port.

It is easy enough to release BBS + BBSv2 on the same UMD, like how Dissidia 012 has both duodecim and prologus. It would make BBSv2 more marketable, and the game can easily share map renders and overall mechanics. And it would definitely fit, proven when the BBS UMD was shown to be filled with junk files and had plenty of space to spare.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Definitely PSP.
I already have that one and I'm saving up Money for a 3DS so I can play KH 3D, Days and Coded.
I have no bucks for sure to additionally buy that friggin' NGP.

And furthermore:
It is easy enough to release BBS + BBSv2 on the same UMD, like how Dissidia 012 has both duodecim and prologus. It would make BBSv2 more marketable, and the game can easily share map renders and overall mechanics. And it would definitely fit, proven when the BBS UMD was shown to be filled with junk files and had plenty of space to spare.

this idea has to be considered as it would give Square the chance to make some more cash without having so much work to do.

vnnk

IN all honesty it looks like they will make it for the psp simply because they got the secret episode on the psp and im assuming that it is bassicly a demo for BBS Volume 2. And Square would be idiots to do this i can only comment form what i belive and others and they dont like the idea but then again polls show that Japan really do want it and i think that is were majority of the KH fans are.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
I don't vote off the Wii either, but not this saga. No on the 3DS. That will take too long to make and release and include a port.

Nomura, for the sake of your fanbase, please pull a Dissidia 012

Star

NGP. It would be the closest thing to KH3. I would really like to have a KH game in current-gen graphics and the NGP can probably pull it off.
I was planning on buying an NGP anyway, not on release but when I feel the time is right.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
NGP. It would be the closest thing to KH3. I would really like to have a KH game in current-gen graphics and the NGP can probably pull it off.
I was planning on buying an NGP anyway, not on release but when I feel the time is right.

The closest thing to KH on a PS3 is Final Fantasy Versus XIII. And it should stay that was.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
PSP.

Reason 1: I have this and I don't want to shell out for a NGP
Reason 2: I don't want them to spread the games all over the place well...even more so than they already have.
Reason 3: The cutscenes shown in the secret ending of BBSFM looked like PSP graphics and if they have no problem with makin those scenes and then just redoing them to fit the NGP graphics that's well and dandy for them but to me, I think they've already been working on BBSv2 on the PSP

Key to Truth

Awards
I think people are thinking too much on the money for a new console, I'm pretty sure IT WON'T be for the current PSP, but another console, and N3DS already gets one, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a PSP2/NGP title.

My reasons? Easy... games need to evolve to impress gamers, if they do it on the PSP it will just be more of the same, putting it on the PSP2/NGP would allow them to put into practice ideas that weren't possible with the PSP (BBS was meant to be way better, but the PSP couldn't handle all the ideas that were meant to be for it.)

Also, I don't think PSP2/NGP is going to be that expensive anyways, probably by when BBSv2 comes out the system won't even cost 200$.

PSP.

Reason 1: I have this and I don't want to shell out for a NGP
Reason 2: I don't want them to spread the games all over the place well...even more so than they already have.
Reason 3: The cutscenes shown in the secret ending of BBSFM looked like PSP graphics and if they have no problem with makin those scenes and then just redoing them to fit the NGP graphics that's well and dandy for them but to me, I think they've already been working on BBSv2 on the PSP

In fact, those graphics are prerendered, which means the PSP CAN'T handle those graphics and had to make a video separatedly to make it play on the PSP.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
why do people still thinks its going to be the psp, that system will be dead by the end of this year, hell its pretty much dead in America now

Last edited:

Xorne

Also, I don't think PSP2/NGP is going to be that expensive anyways, probably by when BBSv2 comes out the system won't even cost 200$.

That sounds far too optimistic. I'd imagine if they did decide to put BBSv2 on the PSP2/NGP it wouldn't be too long after the console was out. At least not long enough for a price drop. But that's just my opinion so take it for what it is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back