• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBSV2 is closer than we think...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Right, in a few threads i have seen A LOT of people go for the idea that KH3D will be released before BBSV2.
Well... I believe that BBSV2 has been in development for a while now...

My main argument, if you recall E3 2010, Square Enix confirmed that there would be Kingdom Hearts at the event. Nomura also stated that a new trailer would be seen. (or details on a Mystery Game, i remember he said there would be 3 Kingdom Hearts games showcased, and everyone was shocked seeing as only Re:coded and BBS were the only 2 games people expected)
However, we did not get any footage of any mystery game, just an english translated trailer of BBS, and Re:coded.
Nomura later stated that SE unfortunately did not get around to showcasing the "3rd game" and also stated the true reason that SE attended E3 was to arrange for something in America, which i believe was related to Kingdom Hearts. (i remember this being said, however i didn't actually go find the interview and read it again, so correct me if i have quoted anything unjustly)

I believe that KH BBSV2 has been in development since even before E3 2010, and that it is a 10th anniversary surprise planned to be released this year. The fact that KH BBSV2 is highly likely to be the Mystery Game further supports this. The SE crew made their way to America to speak with Disney America or SE America or both about BBSV2, which would be the main reason behind the crew's trip to E3.
My theory is that, since the Mystery Game obviously hasn't been shown to the public in any way, whether it be trailers or magazine interviews, SE needed a way to tell America about the game, and to begin translation on it. They mentioned a 3rd game in the lineup for E3 just to tease us up a bit. They never really planned to show anything, it defeats the purpose of "mystery".

So, in other words, Nomura plans to release BBSV2 to NA, EUR and JAP all at the same time.
This is why SE attended E3 in America and also why they would have begun speaking about translating the game.
This year is the 10th year anniversary so, according to my theory, BBSV2 is planned for this year, and will release simultaneously in all regions, or 1 or 2 days apart.

Now i know what you're all thinking.
Which console?
Well... I'm more edged toward the PSP.
Seeing as the BBS engine is already present on the PSP, and how this game directly links to BBS, i would imagine the quickest way would be to just reuse the engine on the PSP.

However, the NGP was a mystery for quite a while also, and obviously developers are given prototypes of the console to work with. I highly doubt, with all the projects SE has going, that for Part 2 of a game that already existed on the PSP, they would scrap all the work they had JUST finished for BBS and begin working on a very new console which isn't usually the way SE go(usually wait a couple of years to familiarise themselves with the device before working on it).

I think it would be worth a shot to email the English voice actors who you guys emailed before BBS came to NA, the ones who responded of course, like Richard Epcar, about BBSV2
If they respond with anything like "I'm sorry, i can't reveal anything about that." then it is pretty much confirmed that they have already begun working on it.
It'd be interesting to see their responses.

This could easily be countered by the fact that FF7's 10th Year Anniversary gift, Crisis Core, released 1 year after in NA than JAP. But my argument is that Crisis Core was not intended to be a mystery, as development was shown prior to it being released, therefore it would defeat the purpose of surprising everyone by releasing it simultaneously all over the world. Also, Crisis Core was running under a totally new engine, while BBSV2 can just carry on from BBS's engine.

Also this post by XIII Heartless supports my theory quite a bit:
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-k...ml#post5437008

Last edited:

13 th member

It sounds very possible, and 3D weren't the mystery game cause they said they didn't showed it on E3, and 3D appeared on the screen in the DS conferance plus they had the secret trailer:wink:

Arvron

Isn't the 10th anniversary next year? (Since the first one came out in 2002 and all.) : \

Other than that, it certainly would be a nice surprise. :D

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it exists, KHBBSV2 has not been in development. The original KH team has been working on Versus this entire time. The new KH team (BBS Team), was working on BBS Final Mix, and moved on immediately to KH3D. H.A.N.D. and the KH B-Team were working on ReCoded.

Radar

Bronze Member
If it exists, KHBBSV2 has not been in development. The original KH team has been working on Versus this entire time. The new KH team (BBS Team), was working on BBS Final Mix, and moved on immediately to KH3D. H.A.N.D. and the KH B-Team were working on ReCoded.
Yeah, I think we are getting to get 3D before bbsv2 comes out. I wonder if it will be released after or before versus?

vnnk

Just use the BBS engine and add some new characters. Plus the new worlds and such :>

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nice Theory. This is further supported by the statement that Nomura made "Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and Final Fantasy XIII Versus will be in parallel development." and Versus is coming around 2012 - 2013 right? Nomura also said that "We will release a new Kingdom Hearts game each year." so that would mean that your right. But we can't be sure, can we?

Digidude111

My theory of why they didn't show BBSV2 at the event, (or at least announce it) was because think about it, at that time, the original BBS hadn't released in NA yet. It would be stupid to even show a little screenshots or story bits to even a select few, because NA fans would've been spoiled. I think that was their reason for doing this, because it would spoil fans. I think it will be fully revealed at E3 for the PSP2, where both versions have already been completed, (highly unlikely but i can dream can't I) and a fall release date will be announce.

acan444

I just wish that they would finish versus already....then finally stop releasing all of these side games. Not that I don't like them.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I just wish that they would finish versus already....then finally stop releasing all of these side games. Not that I don't like them.

I also wish that they would finish with Versus. Just make it half-ass and crappy like XIII.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Such a selfih child you are. How would you feel if they half-assed KH3?

Well, they have been working on it for years and they also have III on the back-burner. And if they made III half-ass, after so much waiting, i would create a cosplay Keyblade, and murder myself with it as if i was releasing my heart. Just kidding. I would just make a Nomura Hate Club.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They did show 3D behind closed doors, so that's the 3 KH games of E3.

axel95

Awards
How do you know? Do you work at square enix? BBSFM did not require that much work, so it is very possible KHBBSV2 is close to being completed. And I'm not even going to start on how KHBBSFM is like 95% confirmed to be a game.

αsiя

space coke
How do you know? Do you work at square enix? BBSFM did not require that much work, so it is very possible KHBBSV2 is close to being completed. And I'm not even going to start on how KHBBSFM is like 95% confirmed to be a game.
If you had read his post then you would have understand what he meant. The Osaka team (BbS team) are currently working on KH3D. After they finished BbS they must have started on BbSFM or 3D doesn't matter which because either way they are currently busy on 3D and aren't working BbSv2. So either BbSv2 hasn't enter developmental or they got an entire new team to work on it.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
So is it completely impossible that they just have another team working on BBSv2?

Of course it's possible, not exactly favorable or likely, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. You know, the tenth anniversary would be next year, because KHI originally released in 2002. A 2012 release puts this theory within the realm of possibility. MAYBE a Winter 2011 release for Japan, and we get it in January, because Square has said they're trying to close the gap between International and Japanese release dates. If it does happen this way, then Dream Drop Distance would release Winter 2012 for Japan, early 2013 for us, and KHIII would come out mid-2014 for all, because, come on, let's face it, they'll need at least a bit of extra time to work on the finale to Xehanort's Saga. My theory is backed up by the fact that at SE1DPP, Nomura stated that 3D would be the last game before KHIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back