• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Be not wise in thine own eyes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
Wisdom_Form_Render-1.png

Wisdom_Form_Rendercopy-2.png

I think I'm getting better at this smudging thing.

Davey

durp.
I like, reminds me of one of my old tags. It's going in a good direction but it looks half-done, like it needs more smudging details. And the font works for this but text placement isn't working.

like davey said, do some more smudging. needs more effects, some c4ds wouldnt hurt.

move the text off his arm, throw a clipping mask on it to make it blend better. if you wanna keep the text, that is.

i vote you just ditch the text.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i love what you're trying to go for,but the sora render looks too LQ for me to ignore
try and pick up a better one
also,i think that some clipping mask on the text could work (just an idea)

Davey

durp.
i love what you're trying to go for,but the sora render looks too LQ for me to ignore
try and pick up a better one
also,i think that some clipping mask on the text could work (just an idea)

Really? That looks pretty HQ to me...

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
The only LQ about the stock is his eyes in comparison to the rest, I think.

Anyway, as it's already been said, I won't mention the smudging beyond the fact that you're getting there. Just try using the brushes on a higher smudge rate, like 90 or 100, and maybe try it with a jitter, if you're using circle brushes. The actual tips of the smudging close to the top probably could be formed more into pointed ends to help the flow along, but that's just me. Liking the lighting, though, and the stock placement isn't bad, either. Text is a bit iffy, so I'm liking v1 moreso in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back