• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Beauty and the Beast - March 17th - "Be Our Guest"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ohhh yes! We're watching the movie in English today (for my English class)! Can't wait to tell you guys how i liked it!
:D

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
what a good movie it keept the clasics but it added couple stuff to make it feel in new

these new songs were good

[video=youtube;KZkNgfvBdY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkNgfvBdY8[/video]

[video=youtube;Z3TR-Gfj9Yo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3TR-Gfj9Yo[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVaBYbP3WY -days in the sun

Last edited:

Rix

:)
Awards
For those of you who has seen the movie... You say it's good, but how good is it compared to the original?

Kounelli

Awards
Saw it, spoilers under the cut (Good, bad, awful, things to worry about, awesome stuff, and all just my opinion):

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I really loved this. Of course it isn't better than the original, but none of the re-makes will be better than the originals, imo.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I really loved this. Of course it isn't better than the original, but none of the re-makes will be better than the originals, imo.

^This.

The movie was definitely flawed. Some animations and CGI were occasionally poor, the auto tune felt heavy in some of the music, and there were some leaps in logic that simply could not be explained, even with the movie's lore. With that said, I found all of those flaws to be completely dismissible, as the movie was genuinely funny and as heart wrenching as the original. It's not a perfect movie, but I absolutely loved it.

As a side note, I loved Luke Evans as Gaston.

Knuxpyro56

My family and i never saw the original growing up, until the trailers for the remake were revealed is when we decided to watch it. We enjoyed it and its great, though its pretty simple point a to point b story. Let alone seeing for the first time at age 21. You tend to see the mistakes the first time, particularly in the age, 21st birthday problem, stuff like that.

So seeing this movie, we left loving it more than the animated film. I just found it more entertaining, and the romance much more believable. And i thought the new songs were great while adding something new; Evermore in particular is my favorite of the new songs. Same goes for the added story bits, it helped fix the issues with animated one.

Then again this is coming from someone who didn't see the movie in the late 90's even though i saw the rest of the Disney Renaissance, before i turned 5.

Knuxpyro56

I have always discussed with friends and i heard from Disney Artists that Jungle Book is considered one of Disney best films not because of the story, but because of the characters. Without the characters, its basically straight path to the end. Which is the changes in that movie were for the better. Of course Beauty and the Beast is different cause the plot is the backbone to the film.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I have always discussed with friends and i heard from Disney Artists that Jungle Book is considered one of Disney best films not because of the story, but because of the characters. Without the characters, its basically straight path to the end. Which is the changes in that movie were for the better. Of course Beauty and the Beast is different cause the plot is the backbone to the film.

I disagree. There are some exceptions, but many Disney plots are pretty by the numbers. What makes Disney special is their characters, rarely is it the plot, and for me that goes for Beauty and the Beast, too. The dynamic relationship between Belle and the Beast, the venomous Gaston, and the quirky castle servants are what make the movie special. Without them Beauty and the Beast is just another generic love story about a girl falling in love with a guy societal norms say she shouldn't.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
For those of you who has seen the movie... You say it's good, but how good is it compared to the original?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I was really unsure about this film to be honest. Then, when it was released I had a sudden urge to see it! I don't know, releasing live-action remakes is almost akin to releasing (poorly animated) sequels - they just don't do the original justice. I didn't like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland at all. I was ambivalent about Maleficent. The Jungle Book was pretty good, but the animated classic still outweighs Bill Murray in charm, and I haven't seen Cinderella. Overall, production value with these is obviously far better than the direct-to-video trash of the 90s and 2000s, but it's just not as memorable to me. Doesn't really resonate with me either, though I suppose I am biased as an artist.

But then this one came out.

Okay, Emma is not a great singer. I still felt her delivery was pretty natural, and not exaggerated, which works in a live-action remake, but wouldn't necessarily be great for an animation. It seems like she did her reasearch, alluding to other subtext the original glossed over in favor of the 'beauty within' message. I do think the dialogue was well written and could have improved areas of the animated flick had it been inserted.

The arrangements were nostalgic in the best way, the characters were fleshed out better than ever. The new songs were quite lovely as well and felt organic to the story and pacing. Though I had my doubts, seeing as the special effects in early promotional stills were particularly off-putting. Poor Cogsworth frightened me at first, but after seeing them flow in the film - all of these Baroque adorned household items - it actually worked quite well!

There were some moving moments too like the backstories for Beast's and Belle's mothers, seeing the curse take over the servants when the rose wilts. Overall, I thought they did a great job, and it revitalized my faith for these remakes, adding for the betterment of the overall narrative, while retaining the right amount of nostalgia, music and other easter eggs.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I finally watched the movie, and considering the fact that Beauty and the Beast is my favourite Disney animated movie, I really did not want this to leave a bad taste in my mouth, long story short, it had its flaws but I liked it. Emma Watson as Belle was so mis-casted, and it hurts when you consider that everyone else was casted perfectly. That's my only major gripe with the film (that, and a left field item introduced in this movie).

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Just saw the movie. Holy shit, I adored it. Dunno if I love it as much as the original, but it's definitely something I can see myself rewatching in the future. I kinda think this movie could have benefitted from a few more transitional scenes since certain things just happen fast.

Tbh I loved Emma Watson in the role, and I think the only thing that was miscast was having her sing since you could def hear the autotune at times (but strangely enough, she wasn't the only one who suffered from it).

Altho I'm still a bitter bitch about the LeFou thing since it's such post-it representation and Disney needs to up their game if they wanna win some gold stars from me regarding LGBT+ representation.

I still hate the dress, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back