• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Before the 13th Order

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
Before the 13th Order
不完全な生活をする

The 13th Anthology

Prologue:

“The most complicated achievements of thought are possible without the assistance of consciousness.

Entrance Hall, Ansem the Wise's Castle

“Where could they be?” a deep voice that echoed through the empty halls of a fallen castle seemed to be searching for a group of individuals. Afterwards, a man in a white lab coat, long silver hair, orange eyes and a face seemingly emotionless walked through the solitary passages of the castle he was looking everywhere while paying attention to his surroundings.

“I wonder…” the man said, putting himself into a state of thoughts. He seemed to enter into a brainstorm, thinking of different places of the castle, surely, he must have been in it before.

“Could they have left to the room?” focusing his intonation on “the room”. “Perhaps I should take a glimpse at it.”

He headed towards the opposite direction he was heading to and found a pile of boulders blocking a door adorned with crystals. He looked upwards and said “Those boulders, they must have fallen from the roof… Did something occur here?”
The enigmatic man decided to walk somewhere else, that’s when he noticed an opening in a wall next to a staircase leading to another floor but blocked by a pile of rocks fallen from the roof.

“That wasn’t there, but, there seems to be a small ray of light in there.”

With that said, he decided to satisfy his curiosity by approaching the opening and entering. It was a pitch-black corridor with only a little ray of light very far from his current position. He suddenly began to deeply think about what he saw in the seemingly ruined castle.

“Exits blocked-off by boulders fallen from the roof and an opening in the wall.” He first thought of his surroundings and then decided to draw a hypothesis basing it on what he witnessed.

“A struggle must have taken place in the master’s castle… Hm?” After thinking of his hypothesis, he felt momentarily breathless and decided to make a small pause and rethink things, but, this time, deeper.

“The master…? Master… An… sem, Master Ansem.” He did a little thinking and drew a conclusion, “Master Ansem and the master’s castle… I remember now.” He continued to walk while thinking deeply into this “Master Ansem” he suddenly thought of.

Eventually, after what seemed long minutes of walking, the light kept getting bigger and bigger, eventually reaching what seemed to be, yet, another opening. “The light… It is getting bigger each moment I approach it.”

He kept walking until a strong flash of radiant light hit his darkened eyes. He closed it out of the outstanding force of the light. Afterwards, he heard the sound of waterfalls colliding with rocks and opening his eyes slowly seeing what seemed to be a group of five people, all male.

Garden of Assemblage

They heard him approach and rapidly took an offensive stance watching the enigmatic man like he was a pest in their hole.

“Unknown man, slowly approach towards us.” A man with long, clear blonde hair with green eyes and a mature aspect said to him.

“Even?” The unknown man said, while reaching to him slowly

“Xehanort?” one of the other taller man said, only this one had long black hair deep as the ocean’s reflection of the night.

“Can you not recognize me?” he said

Another of the tall man, but with short dark red colored hair and a silent aspect grabbed a mirror that was in a small table and gave it to the unknown man named “Xehanort” by the man named “Even”. He grabbed the mirror and slowly raising it to a point where he could see his face. He was surprised, as he seems to look different to when he was before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To be continued…​

Last edited:

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Oooh, this is kind of confusing but it looks like there are many ways to expand from this kind of opening.

I'm interested to see how you will move to continue the storyline from here.

And your description is quite good, even though I think you can work more with the sense of colours in the description of the castle itself, for example

a pile of boulders blocking a door adorned with crystals

You could have told us what colours the crystals were, for example, white, or blue, or colourless etc.

State

Awards
Oooh, this is kind of confusing but it looks like there are many ways to expand from this kind of opening.

I'm interested to see how you will move to continue the storyline from here.

And your description is quite good, even though I think you can work more with the sense of colours in the description of the castle itself, for example

You could have told us what colours the crystals were, for example, white, or blue, or colourless etc.
thank you, i will take your recommendation in consideration. < it rimed :D
So this is like a story on the Org's beginning. I like :D
the very roots, the very beginning, when they became nobodies.... up until a certain point of course.

stay tuned, for another update.:96:

State

Awards
so listen up peeps! i just discovered that i can only do this kinda of artistic work when i'm really bored (what a wonderful world xD) sooo... maybe tuesday shall be a boring day!

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Maybe tuesday will be a boring day XD

But I think you can try harder than that T_T nothing stops me getting at my fic apart from exams and when I'm bored of writing. And this fic looks more promising than mine :36:

State

Awards
Chapter I:

“The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper.”

Garden of Assemblage

“Inconceivable!” Xehanort said, while admiring his new identity and wondering about his sudden “growth”.

“Surely, this must be the doing of the dark.” A young man in a lab coat, with silver long hair, a bang covering his left blue eye said

“Are you sure about that, Ienzo?” A man with long, ponytail, black and ash hair with yellow eyes and a scar that seemed to had tales to be told.

“Do you doubt my conclusion, Braig?” Ienzo replied

“Why, yes I do! ‘Surely that must’ve been the doing of the dark!’ Bah!” Braig said mockingly while trying to resist the urge to laugh

“You must have some kind of conclusion towards our newly changed aspects, correct?” Even wonderingly said

“You know I don’t go barging into other people’s business without a reason!” Braig said as he approached Ienzo in a weird manner…

“Up with it. What is your conclusion?” Aeleus calmly said with his eyes closed preparing to focus on Braig’s reply

“One word: Research.” He said while pointing his index finger upwards but not to point at something

“So you suddenly had the urge to mock me because I didn’t ‘research’ my conclusion?” Ienzo asked, with what seemed to be a tone suggesting anger

“You could say that, but…” As Braig was about to say something, he was interrupted by Dilan

“You do realize that you don’t have a reason to barge in, don’t you?”

“Excuse me?!” He said

“Knowing you, you just did that for fun.” Dilan said

“This is where I’m supposed to say: As if!” Braig exclaimed

“Do you have something up your sleeve, Braig?” Xehanort asked

“Yes, but! Nothing near my… huh?” Braig did a small pause as he touched he area near his chest, feeling like, no, feeling nothing at all at that area

“Isn’t that supposed to be the finale of your ‘Heartess’ joke, Braig?”

“It is but…” he continued touching the area near his chest trying to feel something

“Problem?” Aeleus asked

“Everyone, touch your chest area.” Braig exhorted

Everyone on the room used their dominant hand to touch their chest area. As soon as they didn’t feel anything around there, they were startled.

“What manner of mockery is this Braig?!” Ienzo shouted while grabbing Braig by his lab coat and acting violently

“He, he, hey! Take it easy there, Emo The First!” nervously said Braig

“Ienzo, calm down!” Dilan exclaimed while running towards him, jumping and landing on him and taking Braig with him and Ienzo

“Calm down the three of you!” Even said while running to where Dilan, Braig and Ienzo were

“Their reckless fighting never ceases to amaze me.” Xehanort said, while closing his eyes in shame and putting his face in another direction and crossing his arms.

“Where the wild things are.” Aeleus said

Minutes later...

“Okay… is everyone… relaxed… now?” Even said while panting because of trying to lift three heavier persons than him

“Seems like someone has grown a centimeter of a muscleee!” Braig said in a mocking tone

“Cease the joking at once.” Aeleus said, enforcing his tone at “at once”

“But…!”

“CEASE IT!!!”

Everyone was shocked form the sudden shout Aeleus did.

“Since we have noticed that cannot feel our hearts, a question begs to be asked, what are we without hearts?” Xehanort said

“Heartless?” Ienzo said

“No, we must be something far more complex.” Even said

“Something more complex than the heart? Pfft! As if!”

“What are we if we don’t have a heart?” Xehanort said

“A heart needs a vessel, and that vessel needs a captain.” Aeleus said

“Body, soul and… heart?” Xehanort asked Aeleus

“Yes.”

“Are we… some leftovers?!”

To be continued…

Last edited:

State

Awards
Chapter II:

“Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories.”

Garden of Assemblage

Everyone in the room stood still in humble silence thinking about what Xehanort concluded upon what Aeleus told him about the body, soul and heart. It was a deep silence, until…

“Do you guys remember that one saying about ‘the somebody’?” Braig asked in a calm manner

“I think it was be a somebody instead of a nobody.” Ienzo replied

“What of it?” Aeleus proceeded to ask curiously

“Well, if memory serves right, I think that saying was made by Kosob the Curious.” Braig said

“Kosob the Curious? THE Curious?” Even asked while focusing intonation on “THE”

“Who is this Kosob all of you are speaking of?” Dilan hesitated to ask

“Xehanort?” Braig asked “Do you remember who Kosob the Curious was?”

Xehanort put himself in a manner suggesting that he was thinking, or rather, trying to remember anything about some Kosob. He kept thinking and thinking until he gave up and nodded his head sideways suggesting a “no”. Braig looked disappointed and said

“Well…” Even didn’t wait much longer and interrupted Braig to make a speech about Kosob.

“Kosob the Curious was an acquaintance of Ansem the Wise, he was the man that instigated our former master to do research on the heart.” Before anyone could say a word, he continued talking… “He was the basis of inspiration of examining the heart. I remember like it was yesterday, the day I told him to dissect the subject of his project entitled Heart is somebody, no heart is nobody.”

“Aha! That’s what we are!” Braig exclaimed

“Would you mind enlightening us on your fantastic idea, Braig?” Dilan said

“Since we named the Heartless, well, the Heartless, we name ourselves the Nobodies?” he said

"Nobodies?” Aeleus asked

“We don’t have hearts, so, we have no identity of our own!” Braig said unwilling to accept any counter-argument about his idea

“You’re basing this name on Kosob’s saying and hypothesis of the heart?” Even asked

“What hypothesis?” said Xehanort

“Kosob suggested that the heart was not only what made us live, but, it also had something in it that made us special, made us… different to others.” Even replied

“So let me get this straight, Xehanort said that we’re leftovers while I named ourselves Nobodies because we lacked a heart, or in this case, identity, am I catching up?” asked Braig

“Correct.” Aeleus said

“Man are we some pile o’ nothingness!” said Braig

“Nothingness?” Xehanort said as it seemed to be something important…

To be continued…

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
So, now we have just learned how they became known as Nobodies. That's good to know. I really liked the backstory of how Ansem the Wise came to experiment on the heart, especially the part about Kosob the Curious; qiute an interesting name for quite an interesting character. Anyway, great job, and I look ofrward to more.

State

Awards
good, so they're still calling themselves by their true names. Is Xehanort planning on proposing them changing their names because supposedly, X stands for "no heart" or at least that's what I've heard.
I was first going to research on "Why anagram their names with an 'x'?" then use it as a basis of a backstory.
So, now we have just learned how they became known as Nobodies. That's good to know. I really liked the backstory of how Ansem the Wise came to experiment on the heart, especially the part about Kosob the Curious; qiute an interesting name for quite an interesting character. Anyway, great job, and I look ofrward to more.
Kosob = anagram for "books".

A

Azrael

I was first going to research on "Why anagram their names with an 'x'?" then use it as a basis of a backstory.

Kosob = anagram for "books".

Interesting update Seraph. I hope to enjoy more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back