• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Before the 13th Order

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Pretty interesting story. Recently I've been thinking that the Org.'s time before Roxas joined would make a cool game.

You describe things well, in my opinion, but I think your grammar needs a bit of work. Regardless, I look forward to reading more.

By the way, will this story extend into Roxas' time with the Organization? It's okay if you don't want to reveal that yet, but I was just wondering.

State

Awards
By the way, will this story extend into Roxas' time with the Organization? It's okay if you don't want to reveal that yet, but I was just wondering.
Only the first five days, before the cut-scene named "The Dark Margin".

State

Awards
Chapter III:

“Research is to see what everybody else has seen and to think what nobody else has thought

Garden of Assemblage

Braig directed himself towards Xehanort and asked “Something bothering you?”

Xehanort kept thinking and thinking, until whispering the word “Research.”

Braig looked a bit surprised and took some steps away, leaning towards a wall and suddenly opening a dark gateway in which he fell.

“Aaaaaah!”

Everybody on the room heard him scream and rapidly joined in front of the mysterious black and violet doorway releasing a dark aura and strong waves of energy altering all five senses.

“What in the name of Sam’s Hill is this abomination?!” Even exclaimed

Ienzo sniffed it and didn’t hesitate to avert his delicate nose by putting both of his arms in front of it and exclaiming “Good riddance! What a wretched stench this possesses!”

“All of our senses seem to have been altered by the energy coming from this, er… Portal.” Dilan said

“This is damaging.” Aeleus said

Xehanort looked surprised and exclaimed “What if Braig does not survive it?!”

Everyone looked shocked and began thinking about a way to save one of their “fallen” comrades. Xehanort looked everywhere, until he noticed a tablecloth.

“I have an idea!” he said

Everybody looked at him, with a wondering face and didn’t think but to ask “What is it?”

Xehanort grabbed the tablecloth, tied it to his waist and said “I’ll go in there.”

Everyone looked a bit surprised, stood silent for a brief moment, until Xehanort screamed “HURRY!!!”

Everyone grabbed the entire tablecloth and slowly let go of it so that Xehanort could enter the dark portal. He entered and the rest of the apprentices grabbed it tightly.

Unknown

Xehanort looked everywhere while shouting “Braig!” in the unchanging void he was inside of. After what seemed to be hours of walking, he found a man lying down on his front, completely hiding his face. He grabbed that man by his arms, and put him on his back. He grabbed the tablecloth, and wailed it a bit.

Those outside the dark and mysterious void began retiring the tablecloth from the gateway slowly. Xehanort felt the progress, he then noticed what seemed to be an opening far away from him and it looked like the place he was in before entering the Garden of Assemblage.

They finally got out of the wretched void and both Xehanort and Braig fell on their knees, unconscious. They first attended Braig by checking him… To their surprise, his scar got worse and the grayish line he had in his hair, got thicker.

To be continued…

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Hooray!!! You're back and updating!!! I've been missing this story. Awesome chapter, Seraph. I really liked the part when Braig fell into the portal. I had to laugh at that; it reminded me of those old cartoons where someone would step on a black spot and fall through. So, the changes in Braig's appearance (the scar and the hair) were a result of the darkness, right? Were there any changes to Xehanort? I can't wait to find out. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

State

Awards
Were there any changes to Xehanort?
Xehanort didn't suffer changes because Braig's time in the Unknown place was more than what Xehanort had experienced inside. In the first chapter, I described Braig like he was in KHII, only, that, now, I "worsened" his "dark injuries".

State

Awards
Meaning?
(25 character ...)
Let's say that Angelus had a scar when he had a fight with Beat. Say that scar was healing and was unnoticeable. Angelus then got again into a fight with Beat, but this time, he's scar was now noticeable. Get it?

State

Awards
Chapter IV

“Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.”

“Stand, heartless shell.” a voice with no apparent tone was heard

Braig stood up and looked at his every direction; he was shocked when he saw…

Nothing…

It was an endless void of nothingness, completely shrouded in darkness. Suddenly, the voice he had heard earlier talked again…

“Welcome.” He said “To a dungeon fitting your position.”

Braig growled and exclaim “Who’re you?!”

“A formless being with no shell, only a voice.”

“Ha!” Braig asked

“Mock me.” The voice said, then, a white bullet almost shot Braig’s left foot, “It is I who shall mock you.”

Braig ran away as fast as he could, but the scenario didn’t change. He ran and ran, trying to dodge the white bullets coming towards him from every direction, until he tripped with something falling.

“Graag! What the hell?!”

He looked at what he tripped and, to his surprise, it was an arrowgun, but, it looked strange. It was very long, holding up to six rounds of bullets, and the bullets were sharpened-looking arrows, hence, arrowgun. He rapidly grabbed it and ran again.

He kept running and running until he heard the sound of the trigger of a gun clicking far, far away.

“Hm…? Gotcha!”

He dodged the bullets and focused on the trigger’s sound until he began to hear it louder and louder. Suddenly, he saw an opening with what seemed to be the scenery of woods. He slowly approached and he heard the clocking sound very loud. Without hesitating, he pointed his arrowgun towards the opening, slowly put his index finger on the trigger and… BANG, he clicked it.

Suddenly, everything turned completely white and Braig began to scream. Braig closed his eyes, then opened them again, to his surprise, he was in the Garden of Assemblage, alongside his fellow colleagues looking at him shockingly.

“Are you okay?” Even asked

“As if!”

With that said, he cleaned his lab coat and kept walking. He stopped for a brief moment and said:

“If we wanna survive, we got to create a plan.”

To be continued…​

State

Awards
Okay, what in the world just happened? Who was the mysterious voice talking to Braig? I have a feeling that it was Diz, but I'm not sure. Well, I'm sure all will be revealed in due time. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.
Note: The voice isn't something important nor to take note of. I'll be updating this post with a Thanksgiving themed chapter with no relevance to the story or what-so-ever.

Filler:

“If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.

There they were the six apprentices and their master, Ansem the Wise, ruler of the peaceful world they all lived in. All of them were sitting in a table, enjoying a feast to celebrate their new-found discoveries on their main subject. Ansem took a small sip from his transparent glass some dark-red colored, getting some of it on his blonde mustache. He grabbed a napkin and swiped it twice at his mustache, leaving it clean and a bit tousled.

Xehanort grabbed his fork and tried the mashed potatoes. He then took a small sip of his glass of wine, similar to Ansem’s. Braig, ordinarily, grabbed a turkey wing and stuffed it to his mouth, and said:

“Man, oh man! This is some tasty turkey!”

Dilan annoyed by his informal action decided to lecture him by saying:

“Don’t talk with your mouth full, swine.”

Braig looked at Dilan annoyed, and exclaimed:

“Well excuuuuuse me, your majesty!”

“Please try to be a bit more refined, Braig.” Even said, and added: “Master seems to be a bit bothered by your informality.”

Ansem closed his eyes, smiled and said:

“No, no! Not at all. This is a feast to give thanks,”

“Well said.” Aeleus said

Ienzo calmly ate his dinner, ignoring everyone else, while paying more attention to his thoughts…

“How can they all eat so calmly?”

“We have some matters to attend, yet, they act like there’s nothing to look-up on.”

Braig looked at Ienzo and said: “Say something, chatterbox!”

Ienzo looked a bit annoyed and said: “This is a day to pay gratitude, not to talk.”

“Indeed.” Xehanort said

Suddenly, someone knocked the door behind Ansem the Wise. He got up, grabbed the doorknob, and opened the door. A man with short, blonde-hair, blue-eyes and a white shirt approached him, with a child with long, brown-hair, blue-eyes, a pierced ear and a shy aspect. The man had something in his hand.

“Good evening, Master Ansem.” He said, “I hope I am not interrupting your dinner.”

“No.” replied Ansem, “Please, take a seat.”

“No, no! That won’t be necessary.” The man said “I’ve come for something shirt, you see.”

“Hm? What is it that you came for, then? You’ve peaked my curiosity at its finest.”

The man extended his hand and opened it, revealing a light-green shard.

“Is this…?” Ansem said

“Yes.” the man said

Ansem grabbed the small shard and exclaimed: “Mythril!”

“Wherever did you find this!?” asked Ansem

“Well, we found a tunnel deeply hidden in beneath your castle, so, we decided to do a little search, and we found it!”

The six apprentices stopped attending what they were doing and stood silent for a moment, putting their heads down.

“A tunnel, you say?” Ansem said

“Yes, though it seemed to look old, since it had some kind of library in it.” The man said

“Fascinating.” Ansem said “If that is all…”

“Yes! Of course.”

With that said both the man and the child left. Ansem closed the door and sat in his chair in utter silence.

“Um… isn’t this where you say something, sir?” Braig asked

Ansem hit the table with both of his hands, startling everyone, and said:

“HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!!!”

Last edited:

State

Awards
Good chapter or event, I'm quite curious as to who that man with the mythril was. Or does he have no importance like the voice firering the bullets at Braig?
Seraph said:
A man with short, blonde-hair, blue-eyes and a white shir

I was talking about Cid. Also, he has no importance to the story, as stated before.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Aw, that was a really nice chapter. I really liked the ending; part of me was ready to see Ansem the Wise hand them their asses. I also liked Ienzo's reaction to Braig; Braig really does need to stop talking. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to the next update. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

State

Awards
Chapter V

Hours have passed, it feels like days have passed, though. Could this be due to absence of a heart? I wonder... How would those cursed atrocities we call Heartless react towards us?

Xehanort was in a deep state of thoughts, quite different from the others. He felt that the mystery he had in mind. Without hesitation, he rapidly told everyone what he had in mind...

"We should experiment on a subject I have in mind."

Even, positioned in a far corner reading a book, closed it and proceeded to ask:
"What is it that you have in mind, Xehanort?"

"I've been meaning to see how the Heartless would react towards us."

Dilan crossed his arms, his eyes and started thinking for a moment. Braig then continued the interrogation started by Even.

"Why?"

Dilan than said:
"How would that help us?"

Ienzo and Aeleus, without saying a word, supported the claims of Even, Dilan and Braig.

Xehanort scratched the back of his head, since it was the only thought he had.
"We won't know until we... try?"

"You have my brains on your plan, Xehanort." Ienzo said, but it wasn't taken seriously, since he quickly opened his book and began reading

"Our support will be rewarded to you once you have a product." said Aeleus

"I will get you all the product you want from outside these very walls!"

xXx​

What am I thinking?! Confronting such beasts in the middle of nowhere, specially alone! If I make it alive, I WILL be the superior one.

Out of nowhere, many dark holes surrounded Xehanort. From them, one could see yellow circles glowing with a faint light. Shadow Heartless appeared from the deep, black holes and closed. All of them stood still, watching Xehanort silently.

"What in the world...?" Xehanort said

"Why aren't they moving?"

Xehanort then moved his hand trying to draw any kind of attention, and the Shadows moved your attention towards his moving segment.

"Hm?"

He continued the attention-drawing acts. He snapped his fingers and more Heartless appeared.

"What!?"

Am I in total control of them? Are they following my every... command? I wonder, Heartless are beginning to be more complex. When I had a heart, they wouldn't act like this, they were wild animals. Do they consider me a part of them... Or something superior to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back