• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Before The Hype Train: Theories/Beliefs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
One thing I have a very strong suspicion will happen is that there’s gonna be some butterfly effect to Xehanort’s time travel shenanigans. You can’t just create a club of 13 versions of yourself from throughout time and not have some paradoxes

AegisXIII

Awards
One thing I have a very strong suspicion will happen is that there’s gonna be some butterfly effect to Xehanort’s time travel shenanigans. You can’t just create a club of 13 versions of yourself from throughout time and not have some paradoxes
I think he can.
In DDD, it was explicitely stated that you cannot rewrite events that were destined to happen. Xehanort did it according to the rules. He did what he did because he saw his future self do it. This is a self contained time loop but not a paradox.

Sora however broke that rule in remind causing a paradox which caused him to disappear. Xehanort knew about it as he asked him if he was ready to pay the ultimate price.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I think he can.
In DDD, it was explicitely stated that you cannot rewrite events that were destined to happen. Xehanort did it according to the rules. He did what he did because he saw his future self do it. This is a self contained time loop but not a paradox.

Sora however broke that rule in remind causing a paradox which caused him to disappear. Xehanort knew about it as he asked him if he was ready to pay the ultimate price.
But if his future self already did what he was planning on doing, why would he feel the need to go back in time to get his younger self to start things up in the first place. It’s like going back in time to kill your grandpa

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm hoping Oswald the Lucky Rabbit pops up. He and Yozora should go on adventures together.

AegisXIII

Awards
But if his future self already did what he was planning on doing, why would he feel the need to go back in time to get his younger self to start things up in the first place. It’s like going back in time to kill your grandpa
No it's the opposite. If you see your future self, no matter what you think you cannot escape becoming that person. That's because humans think they have free will, while in fact they are slaves of their own desires. Xehanort's ambitions lead him to become the seeker of darkness that travels back in time to tell his younger self to gather the vessels. His younger self will do this quest then then live the life destiny has in store for him to finally become ambitious enough to go back in time to tell his younger self to gather the vessels, etc. It's a loop that cannot be broken.
I would recommend everyone to watch Dark on Netflix as it is the show that deals the best with this concept.

That's why I am a bit bothered with the fact that Sora was able to rewrite the past. According to the laws of nature described by Xehanort in DDD, it shouldn't be possible. I thought he meant it's not physically possible. But here it seems like it is simply not allowed otherwise the person vanishes. KH4 has a lot of explaining to do.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
- Lauriam and Kairi will have some kind of interaction and they may even work together to get to Strelitzia and Sora.

- Riku will wear a version of his Super Groupies outfit.

- Mark Hamill will voice Luke Skywalker.

- We could see Auron, Zack, Cloud, Sephiroth, and maybe even Lightning and Serah.

- Ava is the other black coat with Master of Masters in the Trailer.

Might think of more later.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It is when you got a 71 year old trying to play a 20 something.
Isn't that the point of voice acting? You can make your voice sound like something else. I'm sure it won't be hard for him to sound like a younger version of himself. Haley Joel Osment does that for Sora.

JJ1020

Awards
World Prediction List:

-Land of the Dead (Coco)
Sticking with the theme of death and the afterlife, Coco just fits this game like a charm. It's probably the most likely new Pixar world that will appear in the game.

-Toy Box (Toy Story)
I think it's doubtful they don't bring Toy Story back. It's Pixar's most beloved property and there's a ton of potential still. We still haven't seen Jessie or Bullseye, for instance. Plus, they could reuse many of Toy Box's assets to speed up world development.

-New Orleans(Princess and the Frog)
A terrific film that has only grown in prestige since its release. New Orleans and the Bayou are unique locations that could have a ton of opportunities for fun gameplay. Plus, it would be nice to fight a Disney villain. Dr. Facilier would be a great villain who would utilize voodoo magic and shadows.

-Arendelle/Ahtohallan(Frozen II)
Frozen is still massively popular in both Japan and the West. The fact that there's a sequel with a brand new location makes this world reappearing all the more likely. They could reuse many of the assets from Arendelle to speed things up. This world and Toy Box are the most likely to return.

-Motunui(Moana)
Moana is one of the most popular animated films in recent years. It is frequently one of the most streamed movies in the world, and its ocean-based mechanics would make it an interesting world to traverse, sort of like The Caribbean

-Endor(Star Wars)
That forest in the trailer looked familiar. The metal foot looked a lot like an AT-ST. Either way, Star Wars is one of the biggest franchises in the world. It was bound to show up in Kingdom Hearts at some point.

-Earth-616(Marvel)
Disney's other massive franchise. It's pretty much an inevitability at this point, the real question is how it will be done. Which characters to focus on? Which locations to feature?

-Olympus
This world could appear as a full-fledged world, but I could also just see it as a cutscene like Radiant Garden. We'll say 50/50.

Other Strong Possibilities: Zootopia, Indiana Jones, Avatar, Incredibles, Encanto, and Wreck-It Ralph

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
No it's the opposite. If you see your future self, no matter what you think you cannot escape becoming that person. That's because humans think they have free will, while in fact they are slaves of their own desires. Xehanort's ambitions lead him to become the seeker of darkness that travels back in time to tell his younger self to gather the vessels. His younger self will do this quest then then live the life destiny has in store for him to finally become ambitious enough to go back in time to tell his younger self to gather the vessels, etc. It's a loop that cannot be broken.
I would recommend everyone to watch Dark on Netflix as it is the show that deals the best with this concept.

That's why I am a bit bothered with the fact that Sora was able to rewrite the past. According to the laws of nature described by Xehanort in DDD, it shouldn't be possible. I thought he meant it's not physically possible. But here it seems like it is simply not allowed otherwise the person vanishes. KH4 has a lot of explaining to do.
I'm not so sure about that. Maybe in kh those are the rules, but in many other series the future can be changed and you don't have to become the future version of yourself you saw. I belive that if that kind of thing happened irl, the future could be changed.

AegisXIII

Awards
I'm not so sure about that. Maybe in kh those are the rules, but in many other series the future can be changed and you don't have to become the future version of yourself you saw. I belive that if that kind of thing happened irl, the future could be changed.
There are two ways of dealing with time travel without causing paradoxes:
- Either you cannot change events that are destined to happen
- Or you split realities into multiverses
The problem with Kingdom Hearts is that we do not know which one they are using. I fear it's both.

Willow A113

Awards
The problem with Kingdom Hearts is that we do not know which one they are using. I fear it's both.
Honestly, it probably is with this series.

palizinhas

Awards
Wasn't the excuse they used for Sora resurrecting everyone that he basically pushed everyone a bit forward in time? Because Sora sees both versions of events when he goes back for Kairi, so they both canonically happened one after the other.

Sonofjafar

Awards
We should have seen the signs in kh2 with Timeless River

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Suspicions:
Quadratum is a catchall for Keyblade Wielders who die because of extraordinary circumstances/break the rules. Sora and Strelitzia are not alone in this. (Sigurd, Xehanort, perhaps someone else from Dark Road, IDK)
Sora cannot interact with the "living" in Quadratum, so even if his friends find him, they won't see him.
Sora's apartment is homebase, and he'll return to it and be able to customize it between worlds. KH4 will resemble Persona 5 in many ways.
Donald and Goofy are sent to the other side but can only join Sora in the Disney worlds.

Things/worlds I think have a chance in kh4:
Star Wars
Marvel
Coco
Princess and the Frog
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
Maleficent (Angelina Jole)
Mary Poppins
Oswald
Winnie the Pooh leaving his world and finding Sora as in Christopher Robin
WARDROBE

Back