• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Beginning of Destiny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
Why I'm I always late to reading great chapters, but great job nevertheless.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
^Thank you.

It's official: I'll be posting three new chapters over the course of winter break. These will all star the organization, meaning we'll be getting back to Buddy(Roxas) in Chapter 18, where the Mall street arc will start to wind down. Don't expect there to be an update next week though.

Merlin326

no update next week either? well i am a patient person (unless your my little brother. i have little patience for him at times). besides, we can just reread the chapters you have already posted until you post again.

forever your humble reader...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
^ lol, I'm glad you like it E.S. There is a lot more to come, let me tell you...

Attention: Please disregard earlier post about posting schedule. I'll be updating tomorrow after all. Hope every one enjoys the coming chapters over the winter holidays!

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Chapter 15: Side Stepped Side Story #III Pt 2: 1 – 7 – 14

Hours prior to the Enchantress’s fateful encounter, silence fills the hallways of the Castle. Every so often, a Dusk slinks through the blinding white stone passage ways, patrolling the castle for any sign of intrusion. The silence is deadening; even the slightest sound would have reverberated throughout the castle section, as there are areas of the castle that are cut off from the main passages, to keep intruders and any 'guests' from accessing the more vital areas of the castle.

One such area is the living quarters of the structures occupants, the secretive Organization XII. They call it the Stair way into the Void. On most days, this winding stair way, reaching several stories both up and down the castle, leading to doors mark with roman numerals from one to twelve, one at the top of the stair case, twelve at the bottom with another door leading into other various parts of the castle, would be barren of life. Not uncommon, since it is rare for members to spend more than a full day here in between lengthily absences, going about their business of forwarding the Organization’s agendas. This is especially true since many of the members had been relocated to the Ruins of Oblivion. This day, however, was unlike most days.

At the bottom of the stair case, the sounds of construction rang out. Stairs reaching down from number twelve’s door reached deep down several stories. Large club wielding Nobodies hammered into the stone, carving out a new floor as smaller Nobodies laid out the stair case. As they worked, there was a door tucked away to the side. On that door, there was a number engraved:

XIII​

High up the stair way, where the sounds of the toiling creatures can’t even be heard, another sound, far more subtle, far more silent, can be heard. The door resting at the very top of the stair case ajar, the number I engraved upon it, the sound of a pen scratching on paper can be heard. Inside, the king of the Nothingness sits at his desk, his pen racing across a piece of paper. Sitting next to a large room length window overseeing his kingdom, an altar can be seen in the distance, coming to an end in front of a heart shaped star. His room tidy, his large bed and dresser in the opposing corners of the room meticulously kept. The closet next to his bed has several coats hung neatly without a wrinkle in place, all resembling the one he currently wears, but made up of several different fabrics and materials. He glares at the sheet of paper, which doesn’t look as white when compared to the desk. On it, he writes:

Xoras

Sorax

Rasox

Soxar

Raxos

Again and again, he writes strange words and phrases, their meaning lost on everyone but him. Without pause for thought he writes, trying to decipher some secret meaning.

He is interrupted though, by the sound of footsteps clicking across the marble floor. Xemnas quickly crumpled up the paper and discarded it into a nearby waste basket. Moments later, another person wearing the same attire as Xemnas stormed in, holding a large stack of bounded documents, neatly organized with colored covers and note tabs marking specific pages. The Stack was so big it blocked the view to his face. He stood across from Xemnas, held the stack right above the center of the table and let it drop, a loud bang against the table.

“Saix, didn’t I ask for the abbreviated version of Vexen and Zexion’s research notes?” Xemnas asked, peaking around the stack at member number VII. Saix had long light blue hair with split ends coming out in every direction. An x shaped scar had formed between his eyes and across the bridge of his nose. His scowl, which was a usual site on his head, was even more pronounced than usual, as his right eye and left upper lip twitched angrily.

“This is the abbreviated version.” He snarled quietly. He snapped the twine that was holding the stack together. “Or to be more precise, Volume one of Vexen’s abbreviated research notes. I’m not even half way done with sorting out his crap, and I still have Zexion to do.”

“Oh. I guess there was more to their studies than I had anticipated.” Xemnas stated as he stared at the large bundle in front of him.

“Just look at this crap! How could that idiot consider any of this ‘research’ relevant?” He said loudly, picking up each of the large bound files, glancing at them briefly before tossing them aside, He read the names as he glanced over the covers before dismissing them, growing more and more irritated with the strange topics that he was forced to categorize and summarize, growing more and more annoyed with each one. “‘Cloning for not so Dumb People, Nobody Knows a Nobody like a Nobody, How to make the Perfect Ice Cream Cone, A THOUSAND WAYS TO CLIP YOUR TOE NAILS?!?!’“

Wait, what? Xemnas thought with a raised eyebrow as Saix continued naming off the documents, his field of vision now unimpaired by the documents. Just what the hell was Vexen studying?!?

“And here’s the worst of them!” Saix snarled, picking up the final file, flipping through it briefly. “Dark Humans: Human of Darkness or Incomplete Heartless. What a fairy tale! How completely and utterly worthless, wasting time on this shit!”

How is that worth less than ‘A Thousand ways to clip your Toe Nails?’ The Superior thought, still with a raised eyebrow as Saix discards the last of them to the side.

“Honestly.” Saix said with a sigh, rubbing his right temple. “You don’t pay me to do brainwork like this!”

“I don’t pay you at all!” Xemnas retorted, not missing a beat. “And even if I did, I wouldn’t be paying you to complain either.”

Saix sighed and pulled up one of the spare chairs, taking a seat.

“Isn’t there anyone else who can do this?” Saix asked. “What about Luxord or Demyx? Those two usually have nothing to do.”

“To bad this isn’t one of those times.” Xemnas replied pulling out his notebook, flipping through the pages. “Matters have arisen that require their talents.”

“That figures.” The lunar Diviner groaned. “The moment I find something for them to do, they’re already busy!”

“How about this…” Xemnas drawled, stopping on a certain page, and running his finger down it, stopping it somewhere in the middle. “There’s a gap in Xaldin’s schedule for a few days. How about he takes over and finishes off Vexen’s research notes and work Zexion’s as well?”

“That’s fine…” He replied, relieved that he won’t have to continue figuring out Vexen’s geek speak. “But now I don’t have anything to do. Perhaps if you let me supervise recruitment again…”

“Not going to happen.” Xemnas said, dismissing Saix’s bid, reaching under his desk and pulling out an apple, the last item in his mini fridge, from it. “I’ve got to get this thing restocked. Anyways, I have an interest in Number XIII, and I’ll be damned if he slips through my fingers.”

“What’s the matter? Don’t trust me?” Saix said with a smirk. “Don’t think I’m capable of bringing him in?”

“That’s not it.” Xemnas replied solemnly, he generated a little beam saber with his free hand and began peeling the apple. “It’s just that the Organization has a lot riding on that boy. With him by our side, the project is more than just a mere pipe dream. I will not allow any room for error. Apple?”

“No thanks.” Saix said, resting his head on his fist. “Those do to me what Hamburger specials do to you.”

“You’re not going to let that go, are you?” Xemnas inquired, rather annoyed.

“Why should I?” No VII replied with a grin on his face. Xemnas rolled his eyes with a sigh before continuing on. “And that’s not what you told me earlier. I believe you said ’I reserve the right to induct the young one into the Organization myself.’

“Really? I don’t recall.” Xemnas replied coyly

“Oh, come off it.” Saix huffed. “You just love to wax poetic.”

“Anyways…” Xemnas drawled, moving the discussion forward. “With me supervising the Twilight Town mission, there won’t be any acts of foolishness by curious members.”

“I still say you should have let me be the one reprimand him.” Saix grunted, gritting his teeth. He took his fist and punched the palm of his opposing hand. “The nerve that little pit stain has, impersonating me like that!”

“Settle down.” Xemnas advised. He had finished peeling the apple and discarded the skin, and continued on, cutting the apple in half. “I already punished him in a way far worse than anything you could ever think of.”

“I still feel like I should smear that little creep all over Castle Oblivion’s walls.”

“You do that and all the time we spent rebuilding that castle will be wasted.” The Superior said sternly, pointing his finger at the enraged Saix. “I trust you, but you have a tendency to get carried away, and if I let you get in your own personal gratification, everything that we have invested into Castle Oblivion will mean nothing. In fact, I wouldn’t put it past you to destroy the supports to it, bringing the castle down around Zexion’s ears.”

“Yeah…” Saix chuckled with a satisfied smile, the image of Castle Oblivion imploding from its own weight on top of Zexion flashing through his mind. “That does sound like something I would do.”

“Exactly.” Xemnas replied. By this time, he had retrieved a plate and placed one of the apple halves on it, carving out the core of the other. “Do not worry about Zexion. He won’t be disobeying me again.”

“I’ll take your word for it.” Saix replied with a smirk. But it quickly faded, and a grave gaze had formed in its place. “But while we are on the subject of Castle Oblivion, there is something else I want to talk about.”

“Let me guess…” Xemnas droned with a sigh, massaging his forehead. “Marluxia, am I right?”

“I don’t trust him. You give him to must leeway.” Saix stated, getting down to business.

“I don’t trust him either. “ He replied with a sigh. “But we were in need of fighters during the time we recruited him. Thanks to him, many of our problems were taking care of.”

“But still, giving him Castle Oblivion? It’s too risky.”

“It’s the only way I could have shut him up. He had been badgering about it for months!”

”You gave him a base to plot against you!”

”WHAT I GAVE HIM IS ENOUGH ROPE TO HANG HIMSELF WITH!”
Both of the two now on their feet, glaring at each other, hands on the desk. Xemnas sighed, and his sharp, stern face went soft.

“Would you relax already?” He asked, returning his seat and finished coring the apple. “Do you actually think I’d leave him alone and not cover all the bases? Even if he were to try anything, all it’d lead to is his eventual demise.”

“Well, if you say so.” Saix replied, still unsure of the situation.

“Trust me I’m not leaving anything to chance.” He said with certainty. He took his apple, and brought it to his mouth. But just as he was about to take a bite, a dagger flew out of nowhere, impaling itself into the piece of fruit between his fingers, and piercing the entirety. He stared at it, not moving an inch. Just then, a woman’s voice rang out into the room, giggling. Saix turned around quickly as Xemnas looked up, discarding the apple and the dagger impaled in it. They saw a young woman, wearing the same Organization uniform as they, sitting on a dresser. She had the hood on, so they couldn’t see her entire face, but they were able to make out her mouth, nose, and chin.

“That was pretty sloppy of you, mister castle lord!” She teased playfully, a note of glee in her voice. “Dropping your guard like that!”

”GIRL…” Saix seethed with anger, glaring at her. He looked as if he were ready to level the entire building. ”DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’VE JUST DONE!?! I’VE KILLED PEOPLE FOR LESS!”

“Saix, stand down!” Xemnas demanded. He deposited the remaining apple into the waste basket, having lost his appetite. I didn’t even sense her enter the room. There is more to this Nobody than I thought when I found her three days ago.

“I must say, that was quite impressive, sneaking into this room undetected.” Xemnas said softly, rising from his chair and walked towards the girl.

“Thank you my lord!” the darkly clad girl giggled, lifting the sides of the coat in a curtsy, more out of playfulness than any actual show of manners. “I aim to please!”

“Well, if you wanted to please me…” Xemnas said with a chuckle and a grin. He brought his right hand around his left shoulder and threw it towards the window, the girl, by no willful means, followed suit and unwillingly flew out the window, shattering it into pieces. Before she could follow the glass down, Xemnas retracted his arm and threw it towards the opposing wall, the girl following suite. She slammed hard against the wall hard, and Xemnas slowly approached her. “You wouldn’t have disobeyed me. You are a Nobody, and I have power over all. My word is law here. I told you to stay in your room and hidden from the other members until Saix or myself came and get you. Why did you disobey my command?”

“I was bored…” She stammered, unable to move an inch. She felt as if gravity were pushing her entire body towards the wall. “So I thought I’d take a look see around the castle. Sorry…

“YOU WERE BORED?!?” An exasperated Xemnas repeated. He relaxed his hand and used it to rub his eyes in annoyance. The woman dropped down to the floor and recovered quickly as Xemnas returned to his chair, this being his turn to rub his temple.

“So, what are you boys talking about?” She chirped, seemingly unfazed by her endeavor.

“Nothing that concerns you number Fourteen!” Saix said loudly, towering over the girl. He lunged to grab the woman’s arm, but she dodged expertly, leap frogging over the large man’s head and shoulders, and landing on the other side.

“Would you stop calling me that?” She pouted with her arms crossed. “I have a name you know!”

“Well maybe if you told us your name, we would use it.” Xemnas interjected.

“I’ll tell you when you make me a member.” She replied coyly.

“Then you’re just going to have to bear it for a while.” He remarked.

“BUT WHY??” She complained in a huff. “I want to start taking ass and kicking names now!”

The two elder Nobodies heard this and groaned with a shudder.

“What?”She asked.

“We make it a point never to recruit more than one person at a time.” Saix answered. “We’re currently in the middle of recruiting someone else.”

“Oh, so that’s why you’ve been calling me ’fourteen!’” She exclaimed, unaware that there was actually a thirteenth member. “So where is he?”

“Like I said…” Saix grunted, rubbing his scar, pulsating from annoyance. “We are currently in the midst of recruiting him.”

“But why do I have to wait for him to be inducted first?” She complained, not happy with the situation. “I mean, he isn’t even here yet!”

“That is the way we have always operated, fourteen.” Xemnas dictated with authority. “Besides, he is expected to be a vital member of the Organization, far more important than you. We’ll take as long as we need to recruit him, so just wait your turn.”

“HUMPH!” Fourteen pouted with crossed arms. Xemnas sighed, seeing that this girl will be trouble if she isn’t entertained.

“How about this…” Xemnas said calmly. “If you promise to behave yourself, Saix here will give you a tour of the entire castle. How does that sound?

”WHAT??” Saix hollered in an angry disbelief.

”Really?” Fourteen squealed happily with a clap of her hands. “Do you mean it?”

Xemnas nodded, and she jumped up and down with joy.

“THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!” She hollered. She ran out of the room and yelled “Let’s get started right now!”

As she exited, Saix looked pleadingly at Xemnas, as if to ask ‘do I really have to?’

“Have fun on your tour!” Xemnas said as he nodded and waved him off.

“Piss off, ya Jackass!” A dejected Saix said as he left the room, following the young Nobody. The elder Nobody couldn’t help but chuckle as Saix’s plight. As soon as their footsteps had faded, he took out another piece of paper and felt pen out of his drawer, and in big, bold letters, he wrote:

R-O-X-A-S

He looked at the paper for a minute, and a smile crept onto his face.

“Yes…” He whispered to himself. “That shall work splendidly.”

He stood up from his chair, and walk towards the window. The wind blowing through his hair and caressing his face, the tail of his coat flapping in the breeze, he stared at the altar off in the distance, as well as the heart shaped star above it.

“Soon…” he muttered to himself. “Soon you shall be complete, my Kingdom Hearts!”

Chapter 15: Side Stepped Side Story #III Pt 2: 1 – 7 – 14: End.
------
And yet another reference to chapter 3, part 4! Xemnas won't live this down until KH2!

Saix makes a great straight man. We'll be having some more fun with him and number 14 next week.

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
lol. oh man, they're like a married couple. and a fourteenth member? wow...didnt ecpect that.
excellent job man matt. great update.
oh and btw "board" is spelt bored.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
OP! I missed that! lol, I was editing the thing while you were reading and I missed it. thanks. *goes back and edits*

And yeah, I decided to throw in little miss Fourteen.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
lol. cool.
little miss fourteen eh. didnt expect that. seems like a lively character.
she isnt a nobody of anyone we know in particular is she? or are your not gonna say?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back