• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Besides Sora, what character would you want a future game to focus on, and why? What might that game be like in terms of story and gameplay?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

legacier

Awards
Besides Sora, what character would you want a future game to focus on, and why? What might that game be like in terms of story and gameplay?

okhi12

Awards
A game like Dream Drop Distance (without the Drop mechanic) with Kairi and Lea. These two deserve their time to shine. I don't care how it is gameplay-wise.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Vanitas. I love the idea of him, Maleficent, and Pete becoming the dark mirrors of Sora/Donald/Goofy.

Gameplay would be about creating the feeling of being the boss. Every party member would have minions to summon and command and a "Boss Form" they enter they take too much damage. (To reflect how they charge forms when they're HP is depleted as enemies).

Vanitas
Form: a Chimera of unverse
Minions: Unverse

Maleficent
Form: Dragon
Minions: Goons

Pete
Form: Julius (however much sense it makes)
Minions: weasel soldiers from "Prince and the Pauper"

Guest party members

Jafar
Form: Genie
Minions: mamluks (Mozenrath's men from tv series)

Hook
Form: Flying Jolly Roger
Minions: pirates

Hades
Form: Enraged Red fire
Minions: ghost centurions (which I'm aware are a Roman thing, not Greek)
Shan Yu
Form: Horseback
Minions: Huns

Scar
Form: Pride of Scar's Ghosts
Minions: Hyenas

Xahns/nobody of Hans
Form: Summons Skoll
Minions: Nobodies

Xanatos
Form: power armor
Minions: Steel Clan

Kuja
Form: Trance
Minions: Black Mages

Sora
Form: Final
Minions: Spirit Dream Eaters

Last edited:

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
I would like to see a game in the past exploring Scala’s backstory. I can only assume that this is the world rebuilt after KHUX concludes. I would say that the most likely characters to explore that story is YX and YE.

in a way I also would love a stand alone game within the KH universe focusing on a new (or mostly new, hardly introduced) character that is small in the grand scheme of the realm KH story, but has one small window of significance that the story focuses on. Sort of similar to Nils’ story from the FFXV movie. Large scale irrelevant to the game, but a great significance to the overall timeline. That would be a fun way to get new characters but ultimately not need to incorporate them into the main cast. As we all can see Nomura has too many characters going on right now as it is.

In reality, I think the next game is Yozora centered, showing his story leading up to his and Sora’s meeting in the last moments of the remind trailer

D

Deleted member 246005

These were from the other spinoff thread-

A Xion spinoff set a few years later. She's an apprentice to Ansem the Wise and studying the Data realm. A new antagonist appears and she and the apprentices have to stop it.

Neku and friends remember their time as Nobodies underneath the Organization's control. Alternatively, they become part of a new Organization and have to figure out if they can be trusted.

Leon and Mickey team up btw BBS and KH1.

Sora's dad is Sion from the bouncer and gets wrapped up in shenanigans when his father's past comes knocking. Riku and Kairi also have family from the Bouncer but not essential.

I wanted a game with Star Wars but it occurs in the Realm of Darkness. The Star Wars universe takes place in the realm of Darkness. They are natives of the realm.

Instead of Roxas, I would rather follow Riku during that time period. I thought he had more unanswered questions versus Roxas who got a beginning, middle, and end in 2. Plus you could avoid the filler complaint by giving him present day sections a la Assassin's creed.

Axel is also an option but instead of an Axel-centered Days, I wanted to do a story between DDD and 3. He gets sent on a recon mission by Yen Sid and things snowball from there. He ends up on worlds he visited while as a member of The Organization so there is a theme of redemption. Max Goof and friends are also along for the ride. Kairi is optional.

I love the Organization Untold ocs on deviantart so i wouldn't mind a spinoff about a new group of nobodies banding together to do their own thing.

Other ideas include-

A new character becomes the new lackey/apprentice to Maleficent. Riku is an antivillian antagonist trying to get her to reject Malificient's manipulations.

Yozara has a prequel involving the live action Disney remakes and Marvel fulfilling the role of the FF characters. Or just use the FF13/FF type 0 peeps.

Rereading it some of these can overlap or be condensed into each other.

okhi12

Awards
Neku and friends remember their time as Nobodies underneath the Organization's control. Alternatively, they become part of a new Organization and have to figure out if they can be trusted.
What?
Sora's dad is Sion from the bouncer and gets wrapped up in shenanigans when his father's past comes knocking. Riku and Kairi also have family from the Bouncer but not essential.
If that's what you wish I respect it, but for me that would be terrible. I know just a few things I read on the wiki about the Bouncer because I never played it, but if the characters from that game are ever included in KH -which I highly doubt- I don't want them to be related to KH characters.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If I was forced with another character besides Sora, I suppose I wouldn't mind: Riku, Isa, or Aqua. I wouldn't mind one with Namine, but I'm not sure how a game like that could function considering she can't protect herself. I suppose I wouldn't mind another game with Roxas as long as Isa and Lea are heavily featured (maybe Hayner, too).

- Isa: I'd say set the game in the past at Radiant Garden to see the experiments and the world's downfall, but we're in a new saga now. Maybe a 3D-esque of them on an adventure to get the Mystery Girl back?
- Riku: I'd like a three-part game (similar to CoM, where you can choose the main story or Reverse Rebirth, or BbS's three scenarios), where you can play his side of the KH1 story, then everything between CoM's ending and the moment he reunites with Sora and Kairi at The World That Never Was, and finally the last scenario is him rescuing Sora from wherever he is now. I don't think of the sides being as long as each scenario from BbS, for example, but about half that length per scenario. Of course, since, as I said above, they're probably done with the old story now, I guess the game would have to be entirely of him searching for Sora, hopefully with the help of the Dream Eaters.
- Roxas: This would never happen, but I'd like a game of his daily life in Twilight Town now with Xion, Isa, Lea, and HPO. Have "missions" somewhat like Days, except they're within Twilight Town--with maybe an occasional "Sora called, we need to go meet him at x world" or a brief visit with Mysterious Tower/Yensid. That's a little too mundane though; I'm not sure how they could tie it into future plots.
- Aqua: I really don't know? Like Roxas, all I can think of are mundane things involving re-building the LoD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

What?

If that's what you wish I respect it, but for me that would be terrible. I know just a few things I read on the wiki about the Bouncer because I never played it, but if the characters from that game are ever included in KH -which I highly doubt- I don't want them to be related to KH characters.
For the first one i just thought it was cool if Neku and the others became rank and file nobodies after their world was lost to the darkness.

I was curious about the rank and file nobodies and though Neku was a good way to explore them. Nobodies always felt like ghosts and the heartless felt like zombies so i thought Neku becoming a Nobody was a good way of using the life/death theme of the world's ends with you.

Their class as Nobodies would make up their fighting style.

I forgot how they were used in DDD so i just ignored it.

Noivern

Awards
A game about Kairi post-KH3 going through the worlds to train and become a Keyblade Master on her own as she's tired of being saved by Sora and Riku. Give her Queen Minnie and Princess Daisy as her allies (Minnie got inspired by the tales of Mickey and the others and wanted to see the worlds for herself and get stronger so she can protect Disney Castle in the future when the King is away so the KH2 incident won't happen again. Daisy is prideful and wants to show that she can do her own thing since Donald is barely home nowadays, it's time for him to wait for her.)

The main focus of the story would be Kairi asking Aqua to be her new master and learn under her. Main villain would shift back to Maleficent and a new council of villains, as she's now starting some havoc now that the Organization is not around to pose a threat.

Instead of the usual Red Mage/Black Mage/Knight theme we had with SDG, Mickey would work more as a White Mage with her powerful white spells while Daisy is an Archer/Ranger.

Part of the story would talk about how much Kairi being a Princess of Heart affects her abilities as a Keyblade Wielder, allowing her to master powerful light magic like Ven and Roxas did.

Her friends through the adventure would be Hayner, Pence and Olette (while everyone associates them with Roxas, they also got to befriend Kairi for a while in KH2 and I would love to see them interact more. Plus, KH3 showed that they are capable individuals who could easily grow into more important roles.).

That aside, I don't really think we have enough material for full games for other characters right now, maybe after Re:Mind introduces more of the new saga. But there are some stories I'd like to see being showed through special movies like Union X:

-A movie showing more of what Riku and Mickey did between CoM and KH2. Riku struggling with the darkness inside him while showing more about who DiZ/Ansem was, possibly hinting more things about the experiments he did, the mysterious girl and talking more about how the DATA world worked; Mickey's side would show what exactly he did besides stalk us all along plus him investingating the Organization.

- A small movie showing the founding of Disney Castle, how exactly Mickey became King and how he managed to go to Twilight Town to meet with Yen Sid and become his apprentice

- A Ova post-KH3 but before the epilogue scene showing the returned characters interacting with each other, comparing their skills, Wayfinder Trio showing their armors, etc. Basically a "filler" just to develop the characters more as I don't think we really have space for that in a new game, it'll probably just be like what happened with Lea between 3D and KH3 (we never got to see him actually fitting in with the lights besides his small interactions with Kairi, which sucks). It would lead straight into a more expanded version of the ending (like Isa and Xion getting new outfits).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
A RAX game where Roxas, Xion, Lea, and even Isa would be playable as well. HPO and Namine would be in this game too. I would make the story a little more self contained because I think RAX just work better in smaller scale stories. Daily life in Twilight Town, adjusting to normal life, they go on Disney world missions for money. That's right, instead only doing jobs in Twilight Town they do odd jobs in Disney worlds as well, while slaying Heartless along the way. Just imagine all the crazy jobs Disney characters could have for them. Maybe they find the remaining Nobodies who have no purpose and train them to be domesticated pets or something.

A TAV game where you play as them again, and they go around to see what they've missed since being out of action. This would be a excuse to use Hercules world one last time so they can see what a hero he's become. Aqua trains some new Keyblade heroes, have Terra do some soul searching, tease Ventus getting some of his memories from the union stuff back. And with Sora gone someone has to keep the peace.

A Kairi game where she teams up with Minnie and Daisy. I'd love this team. They go on adventure, she'd meet up with the other trios get some much needed interactions with the other cast members, then set back out to do her own thing and get the character development she's starving for. Visit Radiant Garden, think of her grandmother, try and find Sora, get her own arch enemy. Fun stuff like that.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
i'd definitely opt for a Kairi game. One that would focus on her trying to get stronger, learn about her powers, look into her past, expand on her relationships and also the search for Sora.

Ideally I'd have her team up with Riku so that we could have the two play off each other and to explore their friendship. Plus, if the goal is to find Sora it'd be natural that his two best friends would work together to do it.

I'd also want Naminé to play a role in it, helping Kairi search her memories to learn more about her past. If Namine travels with Kairi and Riku, she'd be a white mage offering support and not really fighting.

Gameplay wise I'd either want it to play like KH3 or an evolution of the command deck. I also like the idea of the player being able to switch between playing as Kairi or Riku.

I'd also love another game staring Aqua, though I'm not sure about what the game's story would be. Probably her trying to overcome her PTSD and come into her role as Master.

She could also be assiting Ven in learning about his past. The game can also offfer us a bit more on Aqua and Terra's orgins and the keyblade order legacy.

Besides those I like the idea of a game consisting of episodes in the size of 0.2. In these episodes we'd get to explore parts of the KH story that haven't been focused on all that much yet. Mostly picking up the thibgs inted at for BBSv2, which i still want.

I'm mainly thinking of using it to flesh out Riku's year after COM, Mickey's side of KH1 and the year after, Kairi's mini adventure in KH2, maybe a day of Xion's live in the Org etc

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kairi definitely. She is already playable in Re:MIND so Nomura hasn't totally given up on her.

As for her companions I'm hoping for Disney ones. I doubt it would be Riku since I suspect Re:MIND will end with him in Shinjuku. My first choice is Pluto but I'd settle for Daisy and Minnie

Keyblade07

Young xehanort I really want to explore the story of the kid that left the island (the one riku keep talking about which obviously is xehanort) would be fun to explore this character his the most important character up there next to Sora plus nomura prefer xehanort over Sora for some reason lol so I don’t see why not he gets his own spinoff and have eraqus there and maybe add a 3rd girl so they can be a trio? Either way I really want game that focuses on Xehanort as the main character before he turn Evil.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Although I'd prefer it was a Riku-only game, I could see the potential in a three-scenario like BbS for the rescue mission for Sora. Riku could be one, Aqua another, and then either Roxas or Kairi as the third. Aqua playing a large role in Sora's return would be cute since he rescued her from the realm of darkness.

Keyblade07

Although I'd prefer it was a Riku-only game, I could see the potential in a three-scenario like BbS for the rescue mission for Sora. Riku could be one, Aqua another, and then either Roxas or Kairi as the third. Aqua playing a large role in Sora's return would be cute since he rescued her from the realm of darkness.
Aqua had her own spin off already bbs volume 2.0, Ventus terra and kairi deserve some spin off of their own.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly I think Yozora would be a top canidate to getting his own game(or co starring with Sora). From what we know about him he will definitely be a big player in the Foreteller Saga

D

Deleted member 246005

Isa- searches for Mystery Girl x. Pretty much my Axel pitch from earlier recycled for Isa.

Ven- gets back his memories of the Unchained era.

Terra- loses his keyblade and Earth element but gets the Void element Xemnas uses instead. He goes on a quest to figure out why and how to master it.

EDIT- there was a game called Concrete genie that could be the basis for Namine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eonstar890

Awards
Ventus, Isa, and Lea team up to find Subject X where ever she may have gone.
X is most likely Skuld who obviously has a history with Ven, and Lea and Isa have their motives for finding the girl. Plus the three of them do a have a friendship established from BBS so it wouldn't be far fetched for them to team up as a trio.

Ventus, Terra, Aqua, and Riku vs. The returned Foretellers (Gula, Aced, Invi, and Ira respectively)
This one would follow the epilogue and how Luxu summoned them to the current time so our current key slingers will have to confront them. Meanwhile Kairi could look for hints as to rescuing Sora / Ava somehow shows up secretly and Kairi deals with her. I like to think that the foretellers are supposed to be like an anti hero of each one respectively. Because Ventus is from the chi era, I feel like Gula should be Sora's, but Sora seems to be preoccupied with his own anti now (Yozora).

Wayfinder trio doing literally anything together :,)
I love these guys and now that they're freed from their respective prisons it'd be nice to see what they do next whatever that may be. Obviously Ventus is important moving forward, and I'd find it hard for Aqua and Terra to let him go off on his own after everything they suffered to get back together.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I want another game focused on Roxas and Terra. I need more Roxas and Terra in my life. Riku too. I want to play more as the three of them.

Back