• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best way to get into the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Best way to start TWEWY

• Play it on DS using an emulator

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Play it on smartphone (solo remix)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play it on switch (final remix)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Watch the anime

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

AegisXIII

Awards
I have been planning to get into TWEWY for so long now, but I have no idea what's the best way to do it.

I own a switch but I have heard that the switch port in unplayable in docked mode. Maybe smartphone? Or wait the anime?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The anime should, and most likely will, cover the story that the game follows. Having only watched the first episode it's hard to say what you'd miss out on if you don't play the game but it was a pretty good adaptation so I think, at this stage, watching the anime will do you just fine.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let’s wait for the anime to finish airing first. It’s supposed to be the definitive version of the story for the game.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Anime aside, I’ve been playing it on Switch and while docked mode is garbage, handheld is a blast once you get the hang of it. Collecting pins is addictive and it’s an all-around unique spin on a JRPG so IMO it’s worth playing anyway

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I assume that the Anime will be more relevant to NEO: TWEWY, but I'm trying to beat the switch version at the moment. Like Bambii said the dock gameplay isn't all that great, but in handheld mode it's pretty good. So far I haven't noticed too much of a difference between the Switch Version and the Mobile version, though I assume the Switch version was the definitive version before the anime was announced.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
NEO is a sequel to the anime, not the 1st game. Why even bother with the 1st game at that point?

AegisXIII

Awards
NEO is a sequel to the anime, not the 1st game. Why even bother with the 1st game at that point?
Really? Oh that's good to hear. I have watched the first episode and I am quite impressed with the animation quality. I guess I will stick to that then. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 246005

I don't have a Nintendo system or an IPhone. So the anime the best option for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Personally I believe the DS game is the best version since the game was designed for dual screen and although combat is chaotic and hard to keep track of at times once you figure out the combat it’s definitely worth it in my opinion as it can be quite a complex battle system at times and definitely is a unique experience.

But since you said you don’t have a DS I would go with the Switch version instead as although the combat not as good as the DS in my opinion considering they had to change some stuff. The Switch does have the advantage of better graphics,remixed music tracks plus extra endgame story content.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If I had it my way:

DS (because "Lullaby For You" IS the ending of TWEWY) > Mobile > Switch

Switch having A New Day is big but I just don't like this game on the Switch at all unless you play in handheld...DS is always the way to go.

Back