• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BHK friend's name meanings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AinzX

R0XAS said:
Interview with Tetsuya Nomura:

What is noticeable about BHK's friends?
They all live in Twilight Town, as they live there they always have lots of fun. These kids have a lot of similarities to Sora, Riku and Kairi. This time, of course you start with the exploits of BHK and his friends. You will be able to play through Twilight Town just as you did with Destiny Islands, but it will be focused a bit more.

"Heine - He's a bit of a rebel, and he lives in Twilight Town. He has a friendly personality, and pulls everyone together."

"Orett - A girl who loves to shop and to talk. She's very mature, and is always watching out for everyone else."

"The mysterious boy - A boy who's good friends with Heine, Orett, and Pints. He seems to naturally attract people, and he's an important member of the group."

"Pints - He looks very easy-going, but he's actually very thoughtful. He's very close to Orett."

again..

This very strongly supports those definitions
Hayner - reconciliable = friendly
Olette - 'small winged one' - angel = 'always watching out for everyone' like an angel would
Pence > Pense - think = 'he's actually very thoughtful'

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
I was thinking about

Hayner = Wakka/Tidus
Olette = Selphie
Pence = Wakka/Tidus
Roxas = Sora

but then where would Kairi and Riku be?

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Roxas is NOTHING like Sora. In fact, he's the exact opposite, in clothes AND personality. The only thing they have in common is the face and eyes.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Roxas naturally attracts people......YEAH HE DOES!

I don't really know how Roxas's personallity is but I think he would act like Riku........or.......i dont' know...

AinzX

I think i may have made a breakthrough. I have found out the meaning of Roxas. Although it's intended meaning is an anagram of Sora with an X, it also unexpected turns out that Roxas is a varient of Rojas which coincidently has the exact same meaning as the previously suggested name 'Kazeki' - both of which mean connection - connection to Sora

Also, something really shocking - I also found out that rojas (rojas > roxas) is an Ethiopian dialect for blonde (person)!

XxWhiteLightxX

Ok, first of all, it's Orette, not Olette. They put an l in there because sometimes the japanese don't always pronounce their r's. Just like Kilala in Inu Yasha. They say her name is Kirara in Japanese. And it's Pints, not Pence. Pints as in a pint of milk, not pence as in sixpence. Seriously, this information has been around for a few weeks, so if you want anyone to know what you're talking about, get it right.

AinzX

XxWhiteLightxX said:
Ok, first of all, it's Orette, not Olette. They put an l in there because sometimes the japanese don't always pronounce their r's. Just like Kilala in Inu Yasha. They say her name is Kirara in Japanese. And it's Pints, not Pence. Pints as in a pint of milk, not pence as in sixpence. Seriously, this information has been around for a few weeks, so if you want anyone to know what you're talking about, get it right.
You are completely not up-to-date are you? If you READ the famitsu scans you will find out the official english names HAVE been confirmed
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2871/s30pr.jpg proves that Orette IS Olette and Pints IS Pence
Also the letter r is used to compensate for not having an l not just for ocassionally not pronouncing the r- e.g Rukusodo - Luxord

Last edited:

Winged Unkown

I dont like the idea of Olette, Pense and Hayner being like Sora, Kairi and Riku...I mean its just stealing their friendship away....
But anyways the 3 new characters look alright Roxas (BHK) seems misunderstood and complicated poor guy

AinzX

Yeah, since the game comes out in less then 4 days in Japan when all will be revealed

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
His name is Rokusaku or something which translates to Roxas.....his real name was confirmed by an executive at SquareEnix JP. He is writing a reveiw of the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back