• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BHK friend's name meanings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AinzX

Olette apparently means 'Small Winged One' in French - could suggest something about her character, Hayner means 'to reconcilate' in old Germano-Latin (French being a derivative of Latin) - implying BHK and his strong friendship and their trustworthiness/loyalty and Pence, converting that into - Pense meaning 'think' in French (from infinitive penser - 'to think') could reflect that he has a wide personality and inquisitiveness/curiosity

R0XAS

nice translations ^
nomura said:
hayner = riku.
olette = kairi.
pence = sora.

roxas = hmmm...?

AinzX

If anything he never mentioned anything about the character connections

R0XAS

oh no, by the equals sign i didn't mean they actually were them, i meant they're like them [personality wise], that's what nomura said.

amassey2005

So, does that mean that Pence is going to be obsessed with Olette and Hayner is just going to be a complete "I'm better than you, but i'm going to let you dream you have a chance with her" jerk?

And Roxas.....goodness. Who knows where he stands.

AinzX

R0XAS said:
oh no, by the equals sign i didn't mean they actually were them, i meant they're like them [personality wise], that's what nomura said.
Oh, I can see what you mean like Hayner and Riku being the leader

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Roxas is just gonna be Roxas. In fact, he doesn't really fit with the group at all. He's too emo.

AinzX

Potomax said:
Hey I'm french and I know that Olette is not a word in french
It is it just that the name is not commonly used - I've looked at different countries' censuses and in most cases does not appear in the top 1000 names - Olette is a very uncommon name

Also, here's proof: http://www.babynameaddicts.com/html/names/female/female_o.html
It may come from Latin but since French is a derivative of Latin,....

Last edited:

dejah

:|
>.<

emo's just well..

sad.

you've got your true blue emo's and you've got your poseur emo's

hard to tell em apart, sometimes.

R0XAS

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura:

What is noticeable about BHK's friends?
They all live in Twilight Town, as they live there they always have lots of fun. These kids have a lot of similarities to Sora, Riku and Kairi. This time, of course you start with the exploits of BHK and his friends. You will be able to play through Twilight Town just as you did with Destiny Islands, but it will be focused a bit more.

"Heine - He's a bit of a rebel, and he lives in Twilight Town. He has a friendly personality, and pulls everyone together."

"Orett - A girl who loves to shop and to talk. She's very mature, and is always watching out for everyone else."

"The mysterious boy - A boy who's good friends with Heine, Orett, and Pints. He seems to naturally attract people, and he's an important member of the group."

"Pints - He looks very easy-going, but he's actually very thoughtful. He's very close to Orett."

again..
nomura said:
hayner = riku.
olette = kairi.
pence = sora.

roxas = hmmm...?

Last edited:

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Nothings wrong with it. Its just that it seems like the only thing his friends would say to him are "Cheer up Roxas." or "Its okay Roxas." or "You can do it Roxas!" And that would get pretty annoying

Last edited:

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Wel...there isn't much to talk about.....Except i dun get why her name is small winged angel.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back