• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Big Hero 6 - Animated series coming 2017 on Disney XD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Big Hero 6

Finally saw the film Thursday. SO GOOD. I love it more than Frozen (which I merely liked) and I think I might place it just above Wreck-It Ralph (which I did absolutely love).

Okay, on to my spoiler-y thoughts.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

So what did you guys think of the villain?

I actually really liked that the movie gave him some geniune depth and dimension. He wanted revenge on the man responsible for his daughter's supposed death, which is actually sympathetic motivationMuch more than most of the other Disney villains. A huge step up from Hans, LOl

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I saw the movie a couple weeks back and was actually going to write a review on it, but I saw it half asleep and was on auto-pilot for a good chunk of it. I remember liking it, though some parts are a bit fuzzy.

I don't remember how I felt about the villain, lol. I think I liked him well enough though, I just have to see the movie again or wrack my brain for a while.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So what did you guys think of the villain?

I actually really liked that the movie gave him some geniune depth and dimension. He wanted revenge on the man responsible for his daughter's supposed death, which is actually sympathetic motivationMuch more than most of the other Disney villains. A huge step up from Hans, LOl

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long,
And live with me forever now,
Pull the blackout curtains down,
Just not for long, for long,
Because we could be immooooooo- immortals,
Immooooooo- immortals,
Immooooooo- immortals,
Immooooooo- immortals

The villain was okay. I agree he was a step above Hans. I don't think he is memorable by any means, though. He was still missing something and I can't pinpoint what. I think it is tied to the fact that Tadashi was an unknowing victim of his revenge due to a freak accident and I don't like that since Tadashi was great haha of course death doesn't need to have a reason to happen...Death rarely makes sense.

I did like that Callahan had a motive that the audience could feel for, but in the end I doubt many left the theater caring about him or his daughter.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I've seen this twice now and both times were great. Really love how fleshed out and alive San Fransokyo felt.

Awards

Whenever I see early concept art of Big Hero 6, I get sad because I think what a badass kids film BH6 could have been.

mittens

I thought it was fantastic. Parroting what everyone else has already said, my only complaint was that the other 4 'heroes' didn't get enough screen time or development. What they did do though, they did very well. It was well paced, I didn't get bored in any scenes and it ended at the right time. I wouldn't be adverse to a sequel by any means (and for the love of all that is holy please don't let there be a Frozen 2. I love Frozen, but it needs to stop now).

For me personally, it's on the same level as Wreck-it-Ralph. Fun, cute and emotional. I really did enjoy it, and I think Baymax would make an awesome summon.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

it was a great movie. plot was pretty predictable but everything else was on the ball, pmuch a visual and musical treat that kids will love the shit out of. probably a little bit over-hyped but if we're going by that category it was as good, if not, better than frozen.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Finally saw this movie after months of wanting to. I loved it! I'm really hoping for a sequel, because this was the perfect setup for another film. It would be the best opportunity for fleshing out the other characters, especially after that post credits scene. I felt it was fine for them to be more on the side since this was Hiro's story and essentially the origin story for the group.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

BluRay comes out this Tuesday, so pumped to see it again. None of my friends have seen it since they're wieners so we're thinking of having a viewing party sometime

EDIT: This and Feast just won the Oscar for best animated film and short

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I finally got paid and got to buy it yesterday. Actually...I watched it twice today. I'm so obsessed with the fist bump that it's my notification tone! XD

In liew of how much I loved the movie back in fall, I designed a Baymax amigurumi to sell at a recent convention in my state. Here's a couple pics of him. HE'S TOTALLY HUGGABLE AND SOFT. Workin on a self-warming one, naturally~ (ok, that's sort've a lie but a fantastic idea XD)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Oh wow, that's really cute. Awesome work.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

Oh wow, that's really cute. Awesome work.
Thank you very much! He was a big hit, though I got a lot of folks asking why I didn't make armor for him. Hahaha, they're funny :3
I've also got buttons for a mini version, but I've yet to buy the yarn for that...I'm not very consistent XD

My mom actually liked the movie, which was odd because she's really disliked the recent ones by Disney and she was so skeptical of it in the first place. I get a good laugh every time there's a recurring joke, but this movie was serious, too. The theme of loss was a heavy one to choose, and being able to connect with Hiro emotionally was such a treat. I hope they make another and flesh out his team/friends.

I watched the bonus features and they actually admitted to having difficulty fleshing out the other characters because of all the different character relationships going on.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Thank you very much! He was a big hit, though I got a lot of folks asking why I didn't make armor for him. Hahaha, they're funny :3
I've also got buttons for a mini version, but I've yet to buy the yarn for that...I'm not very consistent XD
No problem!

I honestly think this is a great idea and would sell really well. :D

HugoNatureLink

Big Hero 6 was a big(sorry for the pun) surprise for me, I even think it's better than Frozen :eek:

I liked the characters and their interactions, the emotional tone of the movie: Baymax love X Hiro vengeance X Big Hero 6 Friendship.

The animation is top notch, great soundtrack and I can' find anything bad of the movie or any favorite scene because all of the scenes were magical to me.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

I finally got paid and got to buy it yesterday. Actually...I watched it twice today. I'm so obsessed with the fist bump that it's my notification tone! XD

In liew of how much I loved the movie back in fall, I designed a Baymax amigurumi to sell at a recent convention in my state. Here's a couple pics of him. HE'S TOTALLY HUGGABLE AND SOFT. Workin on a self-warming one, naturally~ (ok, that's sort've a lie but a fantastic idea XD)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh. My. God.

I want one, for scientific purposes, like getting satisfied with my care via hugs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Big Hero 6 was a big(sorry for the pun) surprise for me, I even think it's better than Frozen :eek:

I liked the characters and their interactions, the emotional tone of the movie: Baymax love X Hiro vengeance X Big Hero 6 Friendship.

The animation is top notch, great soundtrack and I can' find anything bad of the movie or any favorite scene because all of the scenes were magical to me.

Its great to see more people who enjoyed Big Hero 6. It has the makings for something even greater, which is why I really hope Disney announces a sequel for it.

Oh. My. God.
I want one, for scientific purposes, like getting satisfied with my care via hugs.

Seconded! It's so cute!

ChibiHearts249

Awards

Thank you all for the compliments~ Perhaps I'll get an Etsy sometime and sell things like that online. I just gave that Baymax to my local GameStop manager for free. He's a huge fan, and he held one of the Majora's Mask NewDS consoles for me when they shipped extra a couple days ago. I was quite satisfied with my care~!

Anyway, back on topic. Hehehe. What did you guys think of San Fransokyo? I've been meaning to ask this for a while now. I mean, I myself loved it but one of my good friends who really loves the movie thought it was pretty but a terrible idea. She won't really tell me why. And my dad JUST said "Oh, looks like the Japanese finally took us over." I mean COME ON. What a jerk.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I thought San Fransokyo looked awesome. Just the kind of place I'd want to live.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I loved the idea of merging east and west culture. I'd totally move to San Fransokyo if it existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back