• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

birth by sleep card system

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

I dont know if im the only one who thinks this but I thought chain of memories card system wasnt all that great. And i was dissapointed when i heard birth by sleep would have a card system similar to chain of memories. Does anybody else agree ?:thumbup:

D

Divine Light

well I think it is going to be simlilar but improved greatly with new aspects added to it to make it not a complete copy of COM

Rix

:)
Awards
I don't think it's gonna be just like CoM... Even more advanced have I heard.. And the leveling system is described as like "growing" by Nomura so this can be pretty interesting.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
It is a card-based system but I really hope it is improved... greatly. I still think that it'd be much better if they made the battle system like the PS2 games

BetwiXt&Betw33nX

It is a card-based system but I really hope it is improved... greatly. I still think that it'd be much better if they made the battle system like the PS2 games

well they dont wanna do this because of the whole "hack and SLash" aspect is getting old
So theyve decided to use a more advanced..possibly more fun version of the card system
theyre not gonna use the exact one from CoM...because SE knows that was a failure (i bet somebody was out of a job after CoM came out....LoL)

so instead its gonna probably be a mix of KH's system/card system/maybe a lil of FFXIII's break system(i really would like that)

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
In that case, I'll rephrase that statement.

I hope that it is greatly improved or it might be completely different from CoM. Hopefully better. More fun would also be good.

roxas shadow

i agree i didnt like the card system i wish they had an aspect like the ps2 games except with out the button mashing

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
I don't have any love for the card system I would take turn base over card system any day of the week but if they improved it (A lot because it needs it bad!) then it should be alright. It’s like Silent Hill. The combat kinda sucks if you are not on your toes every second but you care to much about the story to care all that much.

A

Anima Relic

I just hoped they have better swordplay, and didn't make VAT slow like Sora, and yes sora was slow as hell in the GAMEPLAY, BUT in the CUTSCENES SORA WAS A GOD.

D

Divine Light

yeah it will be improved and I agree that it was better even in RE COM than in GBA com

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
I just hoped they have better swordplay, and didn't make VAT slow like Sora, and yes sora was slow as hell in the GAMEPLAY, BUT in the CUTSCENES SORA WAS A GOD.

Good fighting gameplay like in prince of Persia requires the character to have thousands of moves. That does not mean he has that many attacks but the simple swinging of a sword and doing The Rock's “Just bring it!” pose like a human and not like a robot takes a bit of computing power and programming. Having to do that many times in response to a corresponding series of button mashing is a lot harder then making a CG model do it only once where there is no combat enemy computer to react to the attack but another set response. Think of it like how a wrestling match is set out who will win and what move will be done to win then a boxing match were anyone can win and the final punch can be a jab or a uppercut. SE did improve the gameplay a bit in the PS2 version of CoM though. It was not great but it was better. If BBS is that then it should be okay.

safire inthe sky

I actually like the card based system, I didn't always, at first I hated it, but I kinda just grew to like it. so if the battle system is going to be an improved card system I think it will be great. ah more excitement comming for bbs!

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;
I dont know if im the only one who thinks this but I thought chain of memories card system wasnt all that great. And i was dissapointed when i heard birth by sleep would have a card system similar to chain of memories. Does anybody else agree ?:thumbup:

I actually dislike the card system . And i don't think BBS would have card system . But yeah , card systemin COM is annoying. BBS battle system can be seen in some scan.

A

Anima Relic

I hated that card system and I hope they don't maul BBS with that card system. :glare:

xZora

I actually like the card based system, I didn't always, at first I hated it, but I kinda just grew to like it. so if the battle system is going to be an improved card system I think it will be great. ah more excitement comming for bbs!
I think it's kind of growing on me too. o_O lol. I read an online guide and realized the way I was playing was uber fail .. xD Yeah you probably appreciate it more if your deck doesn't completely suck.

The thing I don't like about CoM is running around using the GBA thing. D: My poor thumb T^T Meh I want to play Re:CoM .. xD

I don't want another game with the card system though. o.o

Bh325

I don't really think it will be too similar. It's probably more advanced, kind of easier to use and better in many ways. Many people seem not to like the card system of COM, but I still am pretty sure that it's not going to be a reason to dislike BBS.:toungesmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back