• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Consensus.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rating~

• Shit

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Unimpressive

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Mediocre

• So-so

• Alright

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Impressive

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Great

Votes: 36 19.9%
  • Amazing

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • Best thing ever

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Yeah, probably a thousand of these threads but I'm a moderator so SHAT AP :3

So, yeah, your score?

I am going to give it a nice little 'Mediocre'.

snrk assuming that the series has quality anymore.

I think we only have to look at Birth by Sleep's awful script to realise this. It was like Kingdom Hearts 2 with fantastic game-play elements. It was dumb and sometimes there was no reason for characters to do certain things they did. It was lonely and non-interactive. Yeah, the environments were nice but they were filled with Unversed and story-carrying cut-scenes and that's about it. Too big and spacious and empty. We shouldn't be sacrificing good, intricate plot for flashy graphics and impressive combos.

So, yeah. I'd say that Final Fantasy cameos really could use a good boost in number and in quality if it makes the story more intertwined and gives it some hidden depth. You don't even really need Disney characters any more, to be honest. The only reason Birth by Sleep had them was because it needed a context in which to happen and it needed to explain little bits about the Princesses of Heart in KH1.

I mean, did you ever leave a world and think, "Ah, that story was so great, not just another generic 'save the damsel and be on my way'"? I couldn't really give two shits about Cinderella's whining or Aurora's sleep and don't even mention Snow White. She was a completely different dimension of boring.

So, yeah.

I think it's been proved that the series is going down a long and boring route and it needs some freshness inserted. The only reason people hyped over Birth by Sleep was because it's considered a "main game". If people were genuinely impressed by the series - say, Kingdom Hearts 2's legacy - they'd be psyched over CODED/Re:coded and Days and all the other side games going on.

So, yeah. Whatever, I'm falling asleep.

I quoted this from a response of Lucius Malfoy's in another thread and I gotta say I agree.

Radar

Bronze Member
Im only on Ven's story, but I can understand where "mediocre" comes in. I mean, the short worlds, fish lips (which honestly can't be that hard to fix) and the VA's..in my opinion they still couldve done better.

I agree with alot of what lucious said, but I mean, I still enjoy playing it alot, yet I understand where those disapointed feelings come in.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
It just makes me sad that they've had five years to develop this game, very capable people aboard the team and Tetsuya Nomura himself, whose Final Fantasy accomplishments speak for themselves. FF13 is amazing in terms of development; I don't understand why he couldn't have wisened up with his story skills for this game. Being a kid's game doesn't mean it has to be dumb.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
That, too, yes.

One of the most lul-worthy cases of this was Cinderella's ball. There was, like, what? Six people there, including three evil bitches and a dopey chauffeur guy or whatever.

That, too, yes.

One of the most lul-worthy cases of this was Cinderella's ball. There was, like, what? Six people there, including three evil bitches and a dopey chauffeur guy or whatever.

There was a chauffeur. Omg. That's like one more character. What an achievement. [sarcasm]

The choice of worlds was kinda disappointing. I'm no fan of Disney Town

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Can't please them all I guess. Still the majority of fan and review feedback seems to suggest that BBS is the best KH game since KH1 (maybe even better) so I guess a small minority of disappointed fans won't effect the scale too much.

Can't please them all I guess. Still the majority of fan and review feedback seems to suggest that BBS is the best KH game since KH1 (maybe even better) so I guess a small minority of disappointed fans won't effect the scale too much.

Numbers mean very little considering we know how rabid the KH base is.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i can't give too much of a review yet since i'm still on terra's story.

then again, the fact that i'm still on terra's story kind of shows you how i feel about this game so far.

the good:
+great customization
+command board -- probably the only reason why i've booted up bbs the past couple times
+music
+decent story so far, kinda.
+cool voice acting

the bad:
-you need that customization probably never, even on critical mode
-easy, even on critical mode. still suffers from the kh2 problem of "just mash x." i think i've only had to switch things up and actually block against braig
-the game is bland -- very bland. why are there only like 3 people on every world?
-load times are murder, even w/ the data install, especially because the environments that the game's taking forever to process aren't very pretty or detailed at all
-you have to wait for the game to pause
-even if the plot is decent so far, it's executed horribly with gross storytelling and dialogue
-final fantasy and disney cameos getting shafted for more shitty melodrama
-very choppy game overall, i feel like i'm playing an incomplete game sometimes

i'll give a more in-depth review when/if i ever find time/effort to beat it, but the fact that whenever i'm playing birth by sleep i'd rather be playing something else isn't a very good sign.

bigbadcloud

i was ok with the game and evry thing but i only foud one falut in the NA game to the jap one its trinity limit when you use it in the MA with friends 88% of the time it frezzes the game and you lose every thing that you eared every friendship thing that has your allys join in does that i was mad i lost 5 medles lvls in that becuase of that crap

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Instead of looking at what the game could have been, look at what it is because it seems a lot of the people giving it ok remarks are saying that based on what they were wanting. I thought the game in the end, was a great game, it could have been better, but that isn't what matters. What matters is how much fun you had playing it, and how much you enjoyed the overall storyline, and voice acting, not who should have put more emotion here and there, or who should have done this, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back