• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Consensus.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rating~

• Shit

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Unimpressive

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Mediocre

• So-so

• Alright

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Impressive

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Great

Votes: 36 19.9%
  • Amazing

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • Best thing ever

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Statistic

I can't give it anything higher than Great. The small things like bad VAs, cheesy dialog, etc do not bother me personally. I do wish the worlds were larger and longer to explore, but we can only expect so much for a hand held system. More NPCs that were in the worlds also would have been a nice touch. But really, I played the game for the plot and because I'm a fan of the series. Regardless, I enjoyed this title a lot and it actually got me liking KH2 a lot more too. I use to not be too big on KH2 till I finished this game, a lot of stuff became clear to me and helped me understand it more. So this title did a lot for me, there for getting a vote of Great from me. And to note, every game has there faults, every game. I'm glad the faults this game had were not anything game ruining, that I can honestly say is good enough for me, I'm happy the game even exists, I enjoyed it.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
To be honest, the only thing that makes me think KH is so great is the nostalgia factor. But even knowing that doesn't make it lose it's glamour to me.

Z

Zulkir

"good, but would have done better on the PS2/PS3" is the best I can say about it

+Writing, although still kind of gimmicky and confusing at times, is a shit-ton better than KH2 and KH Days

+Battle system is way better than KH2, didn't feel X-Mashy at all by comparison.

+Story aimed at giving clarity on many things rather than muddling them further.

+Secret ending was more than a ton of confusing messages and flashy lightning effects.

+Mirage Arena and the Command Board were pretty good.

-Voice acting, especiallly Aqua, absolutely terrible. Some voices(Vanitas, Eraqus) were pretty good though.

-Load Times(yes even on full data install and with the higher setting on the menu)

-As Steve said, there's actually a load time for just opening the menu/pausing...wtf

-Even on critical, the majority of fights become extremely trivial by level 40(i can understand if they did by lvl 90), the way I had a challenge in the story was to not even touch the command board or meld higher commands or "grind" AT ALL, I simply zoomed through the story, any amount of grinding quickly erased the challenges.

-I know there were three scenarios, but the disney worlds felt very short, and again felt rather irrelevant to the plot(just fed to the theme of trusting friends and whatnot, they also felt extremely empty, remember traverse town? yeah...

-X-blade Is the most retarded looking weapon in the history of retarded looking weapons.

A lot of the negatives would be removed if it were on a home console and not a handheld. I know handhelds are more popular in Japan but they just feel...limiting.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Worst thing about BBS is the opposite of the worst thing in Days.
Days pacing was way, way to slow with to much filler.
BBS pacing was way, way to fast with very, very little filler.
It's "Alright." Would of liked more Disney involvement and more Final Fantasy cameos, ie. The Filler.
Still didn't catch the magic of KH1.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
I am going with great. I love the command deck and it made combat the best in the series for me. The music is also the best in the series and the graphics are great. Voice acting is good for the most part despite some like Auqa and Terra sounding a bit off. The story for the most part is decent and enjoyable and I do like the characters, and finally the mirage arena is pretty good.

However this game is pushing the limits for the PSP and sadly there is alot of loading times and some framerate problems. I also felt that at least most of the worlds just felt "lacking" and short. And not really a flaw but I just couldn't get into the command board. It a nice way of leveling up commands and such but I got bored and I am not playing those boards that much.

Despite those flaws through I am enjoying this game. Probably would give it a 8-8.5/10.^_^

That, too, yes.

One of the most lul-worthy cases of this was Cinderella's ball. There was, like, what? Six people there, including three evil bitches and a dopey chauffeur guy or whatever.
I lol'd at that scene. I was like, "This is a ball? Where are all the guests?"

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Story-wise, did any of you actually like this?

I mean, is it just me who zipped through the worlds and didn't reflect on the amazing experience I just had in Dwarf Woodlands or Deep Space or any of the other worlds? The worlds and characters are entirely forgettable. They serve no purpose other than to give a location for Terra/Aqua/Ven melodrama to happen.

That's why I don't like this game. Game play is amazing and innovative and fresh and creative and all those lovely words, but the story itself is just a load of bullshit.

What do we learn in this game apart from three things:

- Terra/MX become Xehanort, something we've known for years
- Ven's heart is inside Sora, something we've known for years
- Aqua, being the only one without some tragic ending, was given an extra bit of story at the end to satisfy her shitty scenario

Okay, so the stuff about Vanitas was somewhat relevant, as was the stuff about Master Xehanort but that's all the game tells us. It just confirms the obvious and gives nothing more.

Z

Zulkir

Story-wise, did any of you actually like this?

I mean, is it just me who zipped through the worlds and didn't reflect on the amazing experience I just had in Dwarf Woodlands or Deep Space or any of the other worlds? The worlds and characters are entirely forgettable. They serve no purpose other than to give a location for Terra/Aqua/Ven melodrama to happen.

That's why I don't like this game. Game play is amazing and innovative and fresh and creative and all those lovely words, but the story itself is just a load of bullshit.

What do we learn in this game apart from three things:

- Terra/MX become Xehanort, something we've known for years
- Ven's heart is inside Sora, something we've known for years
- Aqua, being the only one without some tragic ending, was given an extra bit of story at the end to satisfy her shitty scenario

Okay, so the stuff about Vanitas was somewhat relevant, as was the stuff about Master Xehanort but that's all the game tells us. It just confirms the obvious and gives nothing more.

Most of the significance has to do with building up Sora's next mission(save everyone..ect). We were already told that this game is meant to explain Xehanort's past and who Ven is, you shouldn't be too surprised that it didn't go beyond that.

I do agree about the Disney worlds though, the only time they were good was KH1, where they fit into the main plot of the game. In CoM they were Re-Hashed, in KH2 they were completely irrelevant filler, and in Days they were mission locations. In BBS they were "theme" relevant but still rather insignificant plot-wise.

No, Kairi's flowery keyblade was the most retarded looking weapon in the history of retarded looking weapons. That keyblade makes this one look badass.

Do you actually hate the design for it or just because it belonged to Kairi? She's a 15 year old girl who hails from a flowery island, her keyblade isn't going to be made out of gore-covered chainsaws.

Everyone had a problem with Kairi's keyblade but no problem with
Divine_Rose_KH.jpg
. Makes me think they just hated Kairi having it rather than the design itself.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I think you guys should get used to the Disney worlds not being of a major importance to the main plot. It's never going to happen. Many of the worlds in KH1 weren't either, they just appeared to be. (How were Atlantica, Halloweentown, and the Coliseum in any way relevant to the main plot?) At least with BBS they tried to make the Disney Worlds more involved by moving forth the character's personal stories. -shrugs-

Could've been a lot worse.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
(How were Atlantica, Halloweentown, and the Coliseum in any way relevant to the main plot?)

No one said ALL of them were relevant. It isn't even really fair to use Coliseum because it is just a tourney world for the most part.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No one said ALL of them were relevant. It isn't even really fair to use Coliseum because it is just a tourney world for the most part.
It's fair because it's a world that's there. And the way people talk about KH1's worlds, you would sure think that they were talking about all of the worlds.

But really, the only thing that even made them remotely attached to the main plot was just that princesses were being stolen from their worlds. If it weren't for the fact that Alice was stolen at the end of Wonderland, that world would be no different from how Enchanted Dominion was for BBS. Princess in trouble, but saved in the end.

Obviously, princesses can't get stolen every game, otherwise -that- would just come off as bad writing. What they did in BBS was actually probably a much better way to go about doing the worlds in the future of the series (though, if they weren't split up into three they would probably be more impactful). in BBS the worlds moved the characters. That's what we should be looking for in the future. The problem with KH2 was that Sora went to these worlds, and he didn't learn anything. The worlds never moved him in any sort of way. They were one standalone experience to the next. The issue wasn't that they weren't connected to the main plot because hijinks weren't going down or princesses weren't getting stolen, it's that they didn't propel the main plot (being Sora's journey). If the worlds of KHII had actually moved Sora's character forward, in ways that seemed logical, I doubt people would have had as much of a problem with them.

Did Monstro really move the main plot forward all that much? All that really happened was that a key character showed up and messed some things up. But, how is that different from Vanitas showing up in, say, Aqua's story? They're very similar, but, for some reason, people seem to hold KH1 in a much higher light. Perhaps it's nostalgia, but, BBS' worlds function much closer to KH1's than the past games.

Silverslide

It's fair because it's a world that's there. And the way people talk about KH1's worlds, you would sure think that they were talking about all of the worlds.

But really, the only thing that even made them remotely attached to the main plot was just that princesses were being stolen from their worlds. If it weren't for the fact that Alice was stolen at the end of Wonderland, that world would be no different from how Enchanted Dominion was for BBS. Princess in trouble, but saved in the end.

Obviously, princesses can't get stolen every game, otherwise -that- would just come off as bad writing. What they did in BBS was actually probably a much better way to go about doing the worlds in the future of the series (though, if they weren't split up into three they would probably be more impactful). in BBS the worlds moved the characters. That's what we should be looking for in the future. The problem with KH2 was that Sora went to these worlds, and he didn't learn anything. The worlds never moved him in any sort of way. They were one standalone experience to the next. The issue wasn't that they weren't connected to the main plot because hijinks weren't going down or princesses weren't getting stolen, it's that they didn't propel the main plot (being Sora's journey). If the worlds of KHII had actually moved Sora's character forward, in ways that seemed logical, I doubt people would have had as much of a problem with them.

Did Monstro really move the main plot forward all that much? All that really happened was that a key character showed up and messed some things up. But, how is that different from Vanitas showing up in, say, Aqua's story? They're very similar, but, for some reason, people seem to hold KH1 in a much higher light. Perhaps it's nostalgia, but, BBS' worlds function much closer to KH1's than the past games.

Monstro helped show Sora and Riku's breaking relationship, and a hint to helping Kairi get her heart back. As for the other worlds, it was more disney villains in cahoots with maleficent and "wtf do they want" The worlds were still movie based, but Nomura added in things to help make it relevant to the overall plot, which he did a good job on. KH2, was just filler after filler.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I gave it an Amazing because I enjoyed the game. I'm still in the bliss of owning it, so I'm probably hella biased.

+Gameplay was a major improvement over KH2. Pressing X didn't work all of the time and I actually had to use my command deck to win a boss fight and I had to make a strategy with my decks.

+Story was better than Days and gave me more "THIS IS CUTE" and "OAO This is sad..." moments than KH2 ever did.

+Character development was an improvement from the last games. It was minimal because the game doesn't take place over much time in the KH universe. Seems like only a week or so, but in that week TAV had more change than Kairi has made in 10 years.

+Inclusion of Disney. It was better than KH2 where it was all disconnected to the overall plot of the game. And better than Days because you actually interacted with the characters.

+Mirage Arena and Command Boards are so much fun and a great element to the game, especially if you are pissed at a boss and need some time to cool down.

+Leonard Nimoy (And what I mean to say is that HJO, Leonard Nimoy, Richard Epcar, Mark Hamill, and Jesse McCartney did an amazing job with the voice acting. Willa Holland and Jason Dohring also did good jobs for it being their first VA gig.)

-Snow White's voice (no disrespect to her VA because she was forced to do that god awful voice)

-Load times were annoying

-No pause in MA.

-Short times spent in each world. You went in, asked where this person was then left after getting a clue.

-Disney. There could have been a lot more interaction despite its improvement over KH2 and Days.

-FF Cameo. I know this was because of there being no room in the game but I would have liked more of a sub-plot with FF characters. I wanted to see their past as well.

-Disney Town.

-Difficulty was still easy even on Critical.

And that is mostly my complaints.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
You know what, little details rarely turn me off from a game and I'm having fun.

So I'll give it a 'Great'

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Like Heartseams said, people praise KH1 waaaay too much. I played many of the games out of order, so nostalgia has very little effect on me, and I can assure you that the Disney worlds were pretty much useless in KH1. I can give as flowery of an explanation of the significance of any of BbS' worlds as TheLight just did for Monstro (one of KH1's most plot-heavy worlds, alongside Neverland). KH1 was not that great, get over it people. BbS' dialogue, characters, and worlds seem just as compelling to me as KH1's did (don't even get me started on KH1's dialogue and VA's); other than the general emptiness of the worlds, that is.

While I haven't actually played BbS myself, I can testify that it is just about as good in the story/character department as any other KH game (KH1 included).

EDIT: And how can people say they want a more focused plot (i.e. no useless characters/worlds), and then demand more FF cameos? Look back at the history of the series; how often have FF characters played any significant role in the plot? Very seldom. More FF characters means less focus and more useless filler, the very thing everyone whined about in KH2. I'm not saying there aren't good FF cameos (Leon and co.), but there are more bad than good.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
We praise it because it is good.

You can call a great game "not that good" all you want. It won't matter lol
It is good. I never said it wasn't. I did say that people highly overrate KH1, and hold all other KH games to a higher standard than the original. I know it started the series, but that doesn't mean it did everything right; there was a lot of bad stuff in that game. I personally think that BbS' plot is just as good as KH1's, and from what I've heard its gameplay is better. Although the emptiness of BbS and the brevity of worlds definitely are major problems.

Silverslide

It is good. I never said it wasn't. I did say that people highly overrate KH1, and hold all other KH games to a higher standard than the original. I know it started the series, but that doesn't mean it did everything right; there was a lot of bad stuff in that game. I personally think that BbS' plot is just as good as KH1's, and from what I've heard its gameplay is better. Although the emptiness of BbS and the brevity of worlds definitely are major problems.

I think I can explain. KH1 was an amazing game, but KH2 was a huge letdown. So people expected KH2 to put KH1 to shame, but it didn't. So KH1 was the best KH game, up until BBS(maybe). Overrated, hell no lol

I think it is underrated by the people who played KH2 first and refuse to acknowledge that KH1 was a better game.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Like Heartseams said, people praise KH1 waaaay too much. I played many of the games out of order, so nostalgia has very little effect on me, and I can assure you that the Disney worlds were pretty much useless in KH1. I can give as flowery of an explanation of the significance of any of BbS' worlds as TheLight just did for Monstro (one of KH1's most plot-heavy worlds, alongside Neverland). KH1 was not that great, get over it people. BbS' dialogue, characters, and worlds seem just as compelling to me as KH1's did (don't even get me started on KH1's dialogue and VA's); other than the general emptiness of the worlds, that is.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I've been telling people this a million times and people kept saying "OMG UR an idiot KH1 is PERFECT!"

As much as I love KH1, it is SERIOUSLY over-rated.

I think it is underrated by the people who played KH2 first and refuse to acknowledge that KH1 was a better game.

I played KH1 first. Heck, it was even my first PS2 game. Which also happened to have been the 5th video game I have ever owned. But I learn not to let Nostalgia get in the way. KH1 IS a good game... but you guys claim it to be better than what it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back