• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Consensus.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rating~

• Shit

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Unimpressive

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Mediocre

• So-so

• Alright

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Impressive

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Great

Votes: 36 19.9%
  • Amazing

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • Best thing ever

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralz

Didn't think there were so many sour thoughts about this game. I thought it was quite the good game. There's so many good things, but I'll just get to the stuff I don't like.

I don't like the Command Board. I hear all the time how easy it is, but I never really find that so on the Skull board. Peter Pan is so cheapo. Anyway, having to watch the CPU input its commands is also droning, and really doesn't need to happen. And the fact you NEED to play all seven boards just so I can get the Ultima Weapon is lame.

+-The Command Styles. Love the variety and usefulness of some, but I hate how you can't turn them on or off.
This. They're fun, but they really slow down just getting through an area. Its especially bad when level grinding, and even worse against VR. Yes, I have been killed about 30 times because of a terribly times style change. >_>

The only other thing I can nag at is Terra's terrible Slide. I'm starting to think Nomura wanted us to hate Terra.

But other than those, I like almost every other thing about this game. All they have to do is fix the above, and the next Kingdom Hearts game can be even better.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Didn't think there were so many sour thoughts about this game. I thought it was quite the good game. There's so many good things, but I'll just get to the stuff I don't like.

I don't like the Command Board. I hear all the time how easy it is, but I never really find that so on the Skull board. Peter Pan is so cheapo. Anyway, having to watch the CPU input its commands is also droning, and really doesn't need to happen. And the fact you NEED to play all seven boards just so I can get the Ultima Weapon is lame.

This. They're fun, but they really slow down just getting through an area. Its especially bad when level grinding, and even worse against VR. Yes, I have been killed about 30 times because of a terribly times style change. >_>

The only other thing I can nag at is Terra's terrible Slide. I'm starting to think Nomura wanted us to hate Terra.

But other than those, I like almost every other thing about this game. All they have to do is fix the above, and the next Kingdom Hearts game can be even better.

Not sure I want KHIII to necessarily have the same battle system. It worked for a handheld, but I'm not sure about on a PS3.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I really liked this game. I voted great.

I think the strongest point was the battle system and boss battles. I only wished the bosses had more HP bars so they would last longer.

I liked the story. Very interesting and gripping although some of Terra and Aqua's acting seemed kinda bleh they did pretty good.

The weakest part of it was probably the environments. They were nice and big but they could have had a little more detail, there was nothing that eyepopping to me except for the attacks during gameplay and the characters. Also, they seemed empty and lonely, NPC's to talk to would be nice. Even in Dwarf Woodlands it would have been nice to see some squirrels or birds or deer.

But god I freaking loved the battle system, it makes me want to find every command there is and go for all the abilities. Like the minigames too. Fun little things to do on the side. Some of you are acting like Douchey McNitpick, blowing shit way out of proportion. This game is fun, that's all there is to it. Definitely not amazing but it's above average. I want them to expand on the command deck system in KHIII and finally make a game with a dec camera.

This game is LEGIT

Radon

mofo
Yeah, probably a thousand of these threads but I'm a moderator so SHAT AP :3

I rate this so highly.

I enjoyed playing it. If I hadn't played any of the previous titles, I wouldn't be able to give a shit. But luckily I did and I wuv'd it. Great.

Trimms

I said great.
Because it is, but nothing more. There were still loads of improvements that could have been made. Hopefully future games will finally be able to lock down what makes these games so good and do it all really well.

haseo47

Awards
I'd say that it was good. The only VA that did good was Vens. Aquas had no emotion at all, she sounded like bleh all the time. The storyline for each was so quick, the worlds really didn't have much. For me, it's really hard to choose which was good, for they all were like the same. I kinda liked the battle system, and the D-Link and such. Overall...yeah only good for me.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Aqua's was my fav of the new VAs. I thought her voice (which people call "emotionless") more sounded like someone who was calm and collected. Aqua's strong, which is why she doesn't get overly emotional or over-the-top angry. Even through all the shit she goes through, she keeps calm and carries on. Personally, I think that's what makes the secret ending so impactful because she finally breaks down and cries--but it's not even tears of sorrow, it's of hope.

srsly, people need to give Aqua's VA more credit, imo.

Awards
I agree.
The only voices in the game that I took issue with were Terra's (some of his line delivery was weak, but overall not bad, and he easily makes up for it in the end), and Snow White. I can see how the voice actress was trying to mimic the original, but it comes of as annoying.

she keeps calm and carries on.

keep-calm-and-carry-on.png

Magic

What I really didn't like about this game was that all of the battles were easy except for the secret bosses

PrinnyGod

Awards
I'd have to say BBS was great, because I loved lots of things about it. The VAs were awesome, including Aqua. The difficulty was sort of on the easy side, except during certain boss battles, especially the post game ones. The Mirage Arena was a great addition, if only they didn't have to make you do all those minigames to get that goddamn Ultima Weapon >_>. The story, of course was good, and actually gave us more Answers than Questions.(Since it was a prequel, after all.) The Command system was very nice, and I loved activating all those Command Style Finishers!! :)

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
The game was the most fun I had ever since I played KH2 for the first time(and that was 3-4 years ago). The game wasn't the best game ever but it was amazing, at least to me. I enjoyed the worlds, the mini games, the characters/ voice acting, and the plot. The only thing I don't like is the lack of NPC's in the worlds. But BBS is one of the best KH experiences I had since KH1&2.

Aqua's was my fav of the new VAs. I thought her voice (which people call "emotionless") more sounded like someone who was calm and collected. Aqua's strong, which is why she doesn't get overly emotional or over-the-top angry. Even through all the shit she goes through, she keeps calm and carries on. Personally, I think that's what makes the secret ending so impactful because she finally breaks down and cries--but it's not even tears of sorrow, it's of hope.

srsly, people need to give Aqua's VA more credit, imo.

I know. The only time she sounded bad to me was the good luck charm speech. She is one of my favorites in the game along side Ven, Vanitas and braig.

Lukar

It's managed to top Re:CoM and KH2 as my favorite game(s) in the series. I'd give it a 4.5/5.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
i can't give too much of a review yet since i'm still on terra's story.

then again, the fact that i'm still on terra's story kind of shows you how i feel about this game so far.

the good:
+great customization
+command board -- probably the only reason why i've booted up bbs the past couple times
+music
+decent story so far, kinda.
+cool voice acting

the bad:
-you need that customization probably never, even on critical mode
-easy, even on critical mode. still suffers from the kh2 problem of "just mash x." i think i've only had to switch things up and actually block against braig
-the game is bland -- very bland. why are there only like 3 people on every world?
-load times are murder, even w/ the data install, especially because the environments that the game's taking forever to process aren't very pretty or detailed at all
-you have to wait for the game to pause
-even if the plot is decent so far, it's executed horribly with gross storytelling and dialogue
-final fantasy and disney cameos getting shafted for more shitty melodrama
-very choppy game overall, i feel like i'm playing an incomplete game sometimes

i'll give a more in-depth review when/if i ever find time/effort to beat it, but the fact that whenever i'm playing birth by sleep i'd rather be playing something else isn't a very good sign.

This was basically my impressions of BbS as well. ;p
However I have a high tolerance for load times though so it doesn't bother me as much.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
the bad:
-you need that customization probably never, even on critical mode
-easy, even on critical mode. still suffers from the kh2 problem of "just mash x." i think i've only had to switch things up and actually block against braig

I can't agree with this at all, and I am playing on critical, sorry Steve. =[

-very choppy game overall, i feel like i'm playing an incomplete game sometimes

It's because you are, the game is literally split into three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back