• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep in the next Famitsu [+New Nomura project soon]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Days was already pushing the hardware limit as is, adding on more data IE more days to the game would have probably caused more problems then solutions. It's not like you want to sit through 300+ days, can you imagine how much filler material would be needed? Think of it this way, every day that was skipped were just regular missions; missions that were pretty much tedious and simple.

And plot wise:

CoM > Days > KH1 > KH2

While I do have to admit some of the story elements could have been better, the writing was an improvement from this last installment at the very least :x

No way is Days better than KH1 heck no.

COM>KH1>KH2>Days

Days missed the Disney elements, it missed any disney bosses, it missed the oppurtunity to expand on the organization alot. I'm sorry but IMO, Days is the worst KH game.

And not everday had to be long. If they were going to skip they needed a reason to or explain what happened somehow during those days somehow. Personally I don't like to even consider Days to be canon but unfortunatly I have to due to the fact it's a game and not a novel.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
is it going to be translate or are we getting more?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
No way is Days better than KH1 heck no.

COM>KH1>KH2>Days

Days missed the Disney elements, it missed any disney bosses, it missed the oppurtunity to expand on the organization alot. I'm sorry but IMO, Days is the worst KH game.

And not everday had to be long. If they were going to skip they needed a reason to or explain what happened somehow during those days somehow. Personally I don't like to even consider Days to be canon but unfortunatly I have to due to the fact it's a game and not a novel.

In terms of plot KH1 was more like a "coming of age" tale; pretty generic generally speaking. But I'm not saying it was terrible, I loved the plot and how it was implemented. But in comparison CoM had a much more complicated and, dare I say it, more mature attitude towards the storyline. Eh, battle of opinions aren't really my forte.

I know that, but what's the point in it really? Mission mode and the like were added to add new game play elements and more play time to circumvent the amount of days you get to play in game. The game was made as fanservice and to answer some questions that were not answered in previous titles (and in the end create more questions that need to be solved). Honestly, none of the games were necessarily long unless you wanted to play them longer either out of boredom or for completion purposes.

And even if it was a novelization, it would still be considered canon next to the games. Even more so since they have slightly more details then the games led on (to a lesser extend the mangas follow the same trend).

Baba197

Square Enix announced FFXIV before FFXIII was even out, so it's not unlikely the same thing might be happening here.

00 Raiser Fan

Re: Birth by Sleep in the next Famitsu [+KH III soon?]

Hehehe that´s pretty confusing. It´s seen that there are 2 new projects, maybe the one that they already started recording voices it´s The World end With you 2?

LOOOL XD!!! The world ends with you 2 is the first thing that crossed my mind when I read this thread, I am willing to bet one of them will be...and the other should be yet another kingdom hearts game as he already mentioned a teaser movie of the next game at the end of bbs,,,and their are already a few final fantasy games in the work right now...So yea, am betting its a kh and the world ends with you 2!!

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

It would be better on the PS3 with the motion sensor wands that are coming out for it that use a camera.
Basically no matter how good you are with flicking your wrist with the wii that wouldn't work with the motion sensor wands with the camera.(They are coming out spring 2010)
Which they just stole the idea from Wii. Much better, Wii is the best with the motion sensor.(and no one asked you when it was coming out.)(I have a Ps3 and PSP only by the way, bout to get a Wii.)

Iridium

Awards
Which they just stole the idea from Wii. Much better, Wii is the best with the motion sensor.(and no one asked you when it was coming out.)(I have a Ps3 and PSP only by the way, bout to get a Wii.)

I wouldn't necessarily say they "stole" Nintendo's idea, but more so was jumping on the bandwaggon of motion sensing technology. You could say that the wii is a stolen idea of the eye toy, but is that true? No. I can see if they had a controller with nearly the same exact configuration as the wiimote and put it on the market, but since that's not the case it's not that big of a deal. And for the most part wii's motion capabilities haven't been completely explored just yet. Wiimotion plus adds potency, but only so much so. If anything, project Natal by Microsoft will blow both Sony and Nintendo's motion sensors out of the water.

Last edited:

Tigerruss

Awards

Actually they were considering having something similar for the eye toy.
But they decided the ps2 eyetoy and the ps2 couldn't handle it.
And that out dates the wii.
I believe I remember it I don't want to try to find a link so don't quote me on it you could just ignore this post if you want.

Erlix

I was away from khinsider for alot of time so I dont know what the mysteri kh game is. Can anyone give me a link of the interview or something??? =o

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Why would you want a remake of a game you thought was useless and was only made half a year ago over an entirely new game?

I don't want just a remake, I want a redo. I want the whole plot redone, they can keep the basic plot line but redo the disney world's plots. And add more missions. That's what I want, Days was just an absolute failure to me as it is.

Iridium

Awards
The thread description kind of gives it away. So yeah, a new project; not necessarily a KH game.

Hikari221

Let's all keep in mind that there is definitely a KH game in production, or at least pre-production right now. BBS has a confirmed secret video about the next KH game, so that's a given. If I had to guess, I'd say that Nomura's two projects are the new KH game and a game in the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation. Perhaps Haeresis?

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I don't want just a remake, I want a redo. I want the whole plot redone, they can keep the basic plot line but redo the disney world's plots. And add more missions. That's what I want, Days was just an absolute failure to me as it is.

That's stupid.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
This reminds me of that April fools Joke from this year. There was that new 'mystery game' and people thought it'd be KHIII, and then Monkey busted the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back