• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Keyblades changed?!?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok, I thought Ven, Terra, and Aqua's Keyblades all looked awsome. but then the this scan came up(http://www.khinsider.com/images/BirthBySleep/famitsu_091210_01-02.jpg). all the keyblades were changed. the only one I still like is Ven's. Terra's was the coolest, but now i think its lame. AND they all have KEYCHAINS!!!! there was NOO keychains for the longest time!
So if you think this is just last minute changes, or maybe part of the plot (like when you become a master or something, idk), leave a comment and tell me your opinion.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Part of the plot. Since the magazine poster was shown jsut a little after, i'm ging to say it was part of the plot.

my theory is they planned to show them to us

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Retcon or plot twist, you choose. Since the secret endings were just concept videos, they can easily get away with that, even though the scene from the actual game shows Aqua's original Keyblade design.

Allister Rose

French Lover
problem is they showed terra and Aqua's original in the gameplay before the tgs video.

it would also take a while to redesign something.

plus they have keychains. redesign is a bit more farfetch than you all make it sound

Izayoi

galactic cancer
problem is they showed terra and Aqua's original in the gameplay before the tgs video.

it would also take a while to redesign something.

plus they have keychains. redesign is a bit more farfetch than you all make it sound

LS is still non-canon, so meh. Aqua is kind of the clincher though.

Allister Rose

French Lover
LS is still non-canon, so meh. Aqua is kind of the clincher though.

LS? i was talking jump festa trailers and TGS 2008

like i said, they probably wanted tos how us how there keyblades would look like witohut htere keychains.

just like sora wields wooden sword, Roxas wields bat. TAV will most likley wield keychainless keyblades in the beginning and seeing how aqua makes charms for both ven and terra when departing.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Has anyone ever thought it possible that this is a part of the "growth" system of leveling?
We do see armored Terra fighting alongside Ven as a D-Link character, and he's wielding the "first" version of his keyblade.

Or that might not be Terra at all; rather, it might be the Lingering Sentiment.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Has anyone ever thought it possible that this is a part of the "growth" system of leveling?
We do see armored Terra fighting alongside Ven as a D-Link character, and he's wielding the "first" version of his keyblade.

Or that might not be Terra at all; rather, it might be the Lingering Sentiment.

Considering LS appears in the dessert area, i'm going to say that it's not.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Considering LS appears in the dessert area, i'm going to say that it's not.

Why not?
Considering the fact that we have no idea as to what the LS is, and the fact that Terra can't simply be plucked out of his own adventure to go rescue Ven, I'd say the idea has some merit.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Why not?
Considering the fact that we have no idea as to what the LS is, and the fact that Terra can't simply be plucked out of his own adventure to go rescue Ven, I'd say the idea has some merit.

We see mickey going on his own adventure and being pucked out of nowhere by aqua. why not terra?

and LS hints what he is within his name. lingering "sentiment", which is feelings, an emotino. unverse are born out of negative emotions and feed off of negative emotions

Sora166

WTF?! they look really dumb now! i mean Ven's still looks the same beside the Keychain and the color but now Terras is all small! and Aqua looks really messed up i mean y would they chang it this late??

BGizzles456

WTF?! they look really dumb now! i mean Ven's still looks the same beside the Keychain and the color but now Terras is all small! and Aqua looks really messed up i mean y would they chang it this late??

Maybe to balance it. I think they didn't one or the other to become way better than the other. Maybe Terra's keyblade had too much reach.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
We see mickey going on his own adventure and being pucked out of nowhere by aqua. why not terra?

and LS hints what he is within his name. lingering "sentiment", which is feelings, an emotino. unverse are born out of negative emotions and feed off of negative emotions

Well, the Unversed, in any form, don't exist past the point of BBS.
Plus, Mickey isn't one of the main playable characters in the game.

But we can only guess the D-Link's identity at this point, anyways.
The Keyblades were most likely either redesigned or the first stage of the growth system.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I think everyone's looking into this way too much... They probably just redesigned the Keyblade and changed their mind about Terra, Aqua, and Ven not having keychains. Nothing more.

BGizzles456

what does retcon mean anyway?

RETroactive CONtinuity. They made some adjustments for the final product. For example, in Deep Dive, you see Roxas with the Kingdom Key after he threw the Oblivion to Riku. However, in the final product which took place in 358/2 days, he is only left with the Oath Keeper.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I think everyone's looking into this way too much... They probably just redesigned the Keyblade and changed their mind about Terra, Aqua, and Ven not having keychains. Nothing more.

In certain cases it's fine when they change their minds. The only problem is that there's places where yo usee their original blades, such as the D-Link mentioned with Terra. If there was absouletely no evidence of their being another reason outside of simple redesigning, then sure it's acceptable. This isn't the case.

Plus, you can't tell anyone to not overthink here. It just can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back