• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Makes IGN's Top 25 PSP Games of All Time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I'm actually really glad it made the list. I'm even more glad that Dissidia 012 was in the top 3. They both deserved to be on that list. :D

State

Awards
Chronologically the first Kingdom Hearts game in the series, Birth by Sleep tells the story of three Keyblade Masters: Aqua, Terra, and Ventus. Completing each of the three campaigns reveals much of the Kingdom Hearts lore and illuminates our knowledge of Sora's origin. Birth by Sleep not only weaves an interesting tale but also adds a number of incredible additions to the Kingdom Hearts battle system; a perfect way to fight the forces of darkness.

I question the validity of this article! Ventus is not a Keyblade Master! -3-

LOL Just kidding. xD
Anyhow, I'm really happy for Birth by Sleep! It deserves the spot (alongside Dissidia Duodecim). They're both excellent games and deserve the praise and publicity they can get. :]

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I would be shocked if it didn't make the list. Kinda sucks to see games like LocoRoco 2 and Lumines II be placed before Birth by Sleep.

I knew MGS Peace Walker would get number one! That game is bonking badass. The whole nuclear deterrence theory was really intriguing.

State

Awards
Right, I can't think of any game in 2011 that can surpass Peace Walker. The game's theme just screamed BADASSERY!

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
BBS was good, for a PSP game, so it makes sense.

I kind of wish it didn't make the list, would make this thread funnier.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Really, Crisis Core ranked that much higher than BBS? CC was pretty much an appitizer compared to a main dish!

Then again, MM Powered Up made the top 10 so I'm still happy.

Shadow Key

Right, I can't think of any game in 2011 that can surpass Peace Walker. The game's theme just screamed BADASSERY!

Best PSP game of 2011, yes.
Best game in 2011, no.
But that's just me.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Peace Walker all my heart, but I thought there we some better console games out there (i.e. Portal 2, Uncharted 3, Arkham City, and of course, CoD KIDDING!.)

Edit: wait, didn't PW come out in 2010?

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Four Final Fantasy games and Tactics Ogre in the top 10.
Birth by Sleep #18

and all was well

nkYFB.png

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would be shocked if it didn't make the list. Kinda sucks to see games like LocoRoco 2 and Lumines II be placed before Birth by Sleep.
Hey, LocoRoco is a wonderful game with the fat blobs and the music.

I didn't quite think it'd hit 18, I was expecting something like fifth or so (given that I personally didn't find that many PSP games enjoyable but whatever). Congrats S-E for making a good game x)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Really, Crisis Core ranked that much higher than BBS? CC was pretty much an appitizer compared to a main dish!

Then again, MM Powered Up made the top 10 so I'm still happy.

Maverick Hunter X was better, should have been in the top 10 instead

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Maverick Hunter X was better, should have been in the top 10 instead
Never played it but from I understand it had 3 playable characters vs. the 11 of PU. & did MHX had a level creator, old & new styled stages & bonus challenges? If not then PU is simply the more bang for the buck.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm glad it made the list, but honestly, I thought it should've been in the top ten. Then again, I played very few PSP games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Crisis Core, some Naruto game, Iron Man, Mortal Kombat, a few other games, so other than Crisis Core and Tactics, it didn't really have any competition to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back