• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep MF Fight Music - "Dark Impetus"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KH-x-3

I'm not really sure where to post this at all, so I'm just gonna post it here. Also, I know that there's already a thread for the MF, but I don't think anyone wants to read through 83 pages of a thread for that. And so, here's the point of this post:

The song that plays while you fight the Mysterious Figure is called "Dark Impetus." I've read online that the word 'impetus' is impulse in Latin. With this, the name of the song is "Dark Impulse." Which, coincidentally, is the name of one of Terra's Command Styles in the game. I don't know if this has any significance to who the MF is at all, but just discuss and tell me what you think about it. Thanks!:cool:

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Not to sure but while playing Birth by Sleep. You see a guy on Destiny Island. He looks like Xehanort and then it seems time passes by . Now he is wearing the organization coat. Possibly the mysterious figure is Xehanort.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not to sure but while playing Birth by Sleep. You see a guy on Destiny Island. He looks like Xehanort and then it seems time passes by . Now he is wearing the organization coat. Possibly the mysterious figure is Xehanort.

At the very beginning of the game, I assume? The younger figure with silver hair looking at the sunset saying "This world is too small" is indeed Master Xehanort, in his youth. And yeah, the figure that takes his place wearing the Organization coat is the current Xehanort.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
At the very beginning of the game, I assume? The younger figure with silver hair looking at the sunset saying "This world is too small" is indeed Master Xehanort, in his youth. And yeah, the figure that takes his place wearing the Organization coat is the current Xehanort.

But to answer keybladelegacy's question, he isn't the MF, because the player fights the MF BEFORE they defeat Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard AFTER he plunges the Land of Departure into Darkness. Xehanort can't be the MF. Maybe a co-conspiritor? or a neutral watcher? Who knows? Maye DDD willl settle th mystery?

And "Dark Impetus" is epic to listen to. :D

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
But to answer keybladelegacy's question, he isn't the MF, because the player fights the MF BEFORE they defeat Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard AFTER he plunges the Land of Departure into Darkness. Xehanort can't be the MF. Maybe a co-conspiritor? or a neutral watcher? Who knows? Maye DDD willl settle th mystery?
And "Dark Impetus" is epic to listen to. :D
Yeah, I suppose although his structure, height, and weapons are similar to Xemnas.

Zul

Awards
a (1) : a driving force : impulse (2) : incentive, stimulus

"a driving force" and "incentive" ring better than impulse imo.

"dark incentive" could hint at the MF having a malevolent purpose when he fought TAV. Some people think he really didn't have a malevolent desire due to stopping the fight, sort of "nodding" and then turning away.

Caxm

I heard that the MF was made using Saix game data. Though that may not have anything to do with anything.

I think MF is a being left behind when ME was struck down.

Reasoning: You fight ME Armor at the same place in Final mix.

Good find on the music part, Dark Incentive or Impulse could very well mean something

Remember there are no coincidences in KH

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
a (1) : a driving force : impulse (2) : incentive, stimulus

"a driving force" and "incentive" ring better than impulse imo.

"dark incentive" could hint at the MF having a malevolent purpose when he fought TAV. Some people think he really didn't have a malevolent desire due to stopping the fight, sort of "nodding" and then turning away.

But when Xemnas was the Unknown in KH: Final Mix, he was just as polite to Sora as MF was to TAV. (Save for the secretive words and such)The nodding doesn't mean anything. The 'test' (If that's what it was) could have malevolent purpose behind it......

Revolution

But when Xemnas was the Unknown in KH: Final Mix, he was just as polite to Sora as MF was to TAV. (Save for the secretive words and such)The nodding doesn't mean anything. The 'test' (If that's what it was) could have malevolent purpose behind it......

Probably just a nod as in saying "I see..."

RoguexA

Website
www.facebook.com
Ehhh, I've had a theory, but I think it doesn't work with what other people have said.
Infact, it doesn't. But I'll mention it anyway.

I was under the impression that the MF was MX's Nobody, from when he struck himself with the keyblade and sent his heart into Terras body. I was wondering what happening to MX's Body, and believed that it was him, as it was the same fighting style as the MF from KH1 FM.

But then I was quickly rectified by a friend at another forum, saying that if it was, why is he using Ethereal Blades instead of the Keyblade, like Roxas (And Xion?) could? Seeing as MX could use his, his nobody should be able to as well.

But then comes in the big bright head-banger that you fight the MF before MX releases his heart into Terra.
So here I am... Looking like a fool... :[

Caxm

Sora had the power of 2 hearts though. Which means that his being could wield 2, or if seperated from his body, His nobody Roxas would wield one too. Xion being a copy of Roxas and sharing his and sora's power while sora was asleep.

This being does not have the power of a heart, Therefore no keyblade

Unrequited Lust

Ehhh, I've had a theory, but I think it doesn't work with what other people have said.
Infact, it doesn't. But I'll mention it anyway.

I was under the impression that the MF was MX's Nobody, from when he struck himself with the keyblade and sent his heart into Terras body. I was wondering what happening to MX's Body, and believed that it was him, as it was the same fighting style as the MF from KH1 FM.

But then I was quickly rectified by a friend at another forum, saying that if it was, why is he using Ethereal Blades instead of the Keyblade, like Roxas (And Xion?) could? Seeing as MX could use his, his nobody should be able to as well.

But then comes in the big bright head-banger that you fight the MF before MX releases his heart into Terra.
So here I am... Looking like a fool... :[
I still think this is it. Xemnas is Xehanort's Nobody so it's likely that Master Xehanort's Nobody would be like Xemnas too.

The fights happened before the big battle at the Keyblade Graveyard. Not only were Ventus and Terra gone, but Aqua had turned Land of Departure into Castle Oblivion.

However, MF seems like he has some power over time. In the battle, he can freeze time, go back, and heal himself. Also, the keyblade you get from him, the "No Name," has a clock at the top.

So my theory is that Master Xehanort's Nobody went back in time, before he was created, and fought the three.

Another good thing to notice is that he doesn't really have a single original attack. All of them are copied from Ventus, Aqua, Terra, and Sora except for his twin "ethereal blades" which are a lot like Xemnas's anyway. And I guess invisibility is something new.

KH-x-3

So anymore thoughts on the implications the meaning word 'impetus' from the song could have on who the mysterious figure is?

KeybladeMaster07

I still have a feeling that MF will play an important role in KH3D and/or KH3. I mean in KHFM you fight Xemnas, which Nomura put it in there just to give clues to people what KH2 was gonna be about. And then he puts Lingering Sentiment in KH2FM+ to give clues about what BBS was gonna be about. So including MF in BBS could mean he's giving clues about what we're gonna see in KH3D or KH3.

EternalDreamer

I still have a feeling that MF will play an important role in KH3D and/or KH3. I mean in KHFM you fight Xemnas, which Nomura put it in there just to give clues to people what KH2 was gonna be about. And then he puts Lingering Sentiment in KH2FM+ to give clues about what BBS was gonna be about. So including MF in BBS could mean he's giving clues about what we're gonna see in KH3D or KH3.

Didn't nomura state KH 3 was on par with numbered entries regarding story? I can very well see the MF being important in that game.
I always saw the extra bosses as clues to the next important game's final boss.

Unkown -> Xemnas, final boss of Kh2
Lingering Sentiment -> Terra's Lingering Will, who you fight with against Terranort (with Terranort being the final boss in the final episode and Terra's story)
So maybe:
MF -> Final Boss/Special Character/Pseudo-final Boss (incase he's the final of, say, Riku's scenario) of KH3D?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

I think you forgot about the part when the Unknown shoots a lightning bolt at Sora.
Just sayain.

Last edited:

Absolute

If someone could confirm this, but I believe Nomura said that the fight was canon and one of the three scenarios (Terra, Ven and Aqua) fight him in their story. If this is true, i think it makes the most sense for Ven to be the one who fights him (terra was there when LoD was destroyed, so no reason to return, Aqua was shocked at seeing it at the start of Final Episode).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back