• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep on PC?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsquared

Is it possible to play BBS on a mac/PC?

I don't mind paying for the game itself but spending a few hundred dollars for a PSP (I think its on a PSP? but its irrelevant) just to play 1 game, its not money I have to spend.

I still am a fan of Kingdom hearts though and if anybody could help me out so I could play it on a computer with an emulator or something it would be greatly appreciated.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yes, BBS is on the PSP, about $130 for a new one typically.

There are no PSP emulators advanced enough to play it or really any game fully last time I checked.

mcsquared

hmm okay... well I will see if I can get a cheap PSP. can you tell me if its worth it? I enjoy the story of Kinghom hearts more than the gameplay but I think gameplay is alright too and I've played so far Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and RE:COM.

so that being said, do you think its worth it for me to get Birth By sleep? Is it funner than the current games I've played in your opinion? Are graphics decent?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
hmm okay... well I will see if I can get a cheap PSP. can you tell me if its worth it? I enjoy the story of Kinghom hearts more than the gameplay but I think gameplay is alright too and I've played so far Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and RE:COM.

so that being said, do you think its worth it for me to get Birth By sleep? Is it funner than the current games I've played in your opinion? Are graphics decent?

You can get a used PSP from Gamestop for about $90-100.

BbS is one of the better KH games all around. The story is on par with KH1 And 2's because it's considered a main title (it's the unofficial KH0) and the story is one of the more serious one in the serious. It's not as light-hearted as the one you've played but it's by no means an angst feast either. The graphics are decent. They're about on par with the PS2 graphics but a little more polished and the battle system is really fun imo. Over all it's worth playing, especially if you're a KH fan.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Yes, BBS is on the PSP, about $130 for a new one typically.

There are no PSP emulators advanced enough to play it or really any game fully last time I checked.

JPCSP actually seems to be in a reasonably usable state, if you're willing to put up with emulators' idiosyncrasies and -- more importantly -- have a massively powerful desktop PC.

Quality looks something like this:
[video=youtube;8qITSQhLHrU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qITSQhLHrU[/video]

But you're not going to get playable framerates without a fairly-recent dedicated GPU, a high-GHz multicore CPU, and a whole ton of RAM, which means that (unless you're already playing PC games) a PSP will be a far, far cheaper way to play the game. ;)

They're not all that expensive if you buy a used PSP-1000, honestly.

mcsquared

hmm does it matter the kind of PSP i get? there looks like many different models available

Ruran

Awards
hmm does it matter the kind of PSP i get? there looks like many different models available

Get either the 1000, 2000, or 3000 model. The PSP Go only plays downloaded games and the Vita doesn't use UMDs but that hasn't come out yet anyway. 1000 is the oldest and the cheapest.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Regarding PSP emulators, they're undeveloped and even on the strongest computers lag. On my PC I can emulate PS2, Gamecube, and Wii games with no noticeable lag at all, but when I try to emulate a PSP game it lags to an unplayable point. Really, there's no use in even trying that.

If the only game you're looking to play on PSP is BBS, just go for the 1000. Used at Gamestop is pretty cheap. Or you can check out craigslist for whatever area you live in.

MASTER260

Awards
I tried this before. It is theoretically possible, but since the guy's behind jpcsp, (which, I believe, is the only emulator that can play BBS,) don't like piracy, they put a bunch of protections to make sure that you could only use a freshly dumped copy instead of a pirated one, which doesn't help if you don't have a PSP. I was able to get around some of the stuff but it got to the point where I needed a PSP to get around it the rest of the way anyways, so, yeah...

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Wow really, you'd think psp would run better than the psx2. Hell i played on the psx2 using a freaking laptop that wasn't built for gaming at all! I'm still looking for a working Ds one to play pokemon on myself. Do you know anyone who owns a PSP? When BBS came out i just borrowed someones and bought my on BBS

venomblade

JPCSP and PCSP are horribly coded and need a gargantuan of a PC to run. You'd be better off just getting a used psp 1000 somewhere.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Wow really, you'd think psp would run better than the psx2. Hell i played on the psx2 using a freaking laptop that wasn't built for gaming at all! I'm still looking for a working Ds one to play pokemon on myself. Do you know anyone who owns a PSP? When BBS came out i just borrowed someones and bought my on BBS

PCSX2 is a very mature emulator, with tons of work put into it to make sure everything ran as well as possible. JPCSP is a Java (?!?!?) emulator run by a smaller group, and came around a lot later. It's not surprising that PCSX2 runs better than JPCSP, honestly.

Isn't there a GBA emulator that was modified to play DS games too?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

I really enjoyed it. The things that bother me most about it are the enviornments. They are really empty for the most part, and disney town is over all just boring. The Mirage Arena is a great touch though, which is basically a challege mode.

BluberryStar

Awards
So there's no way to get the JPCSP working without a real PSP then? Bummer :( I was hoping it would work without having to buy one... but I guess I can borrow it somehow... I really thought that the PSP emulator would work without having to sync with the console, like NDS emulator (Desmume).

Ruran

Awards
This topic is very ooollllldddd. XD
Please don't bump threads that are more than six months old, if there's something you want to discuss feel free to make a new topic on the subject. Please and thank you~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back