• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep on PSPgo the answer revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheels

honestly the go is the better system, if sony could just figure out how to get umd's on it people would buy it.

They did have a program to do it at launch being developed. Then they scrapped it. And I don't think the extra $70 or so is worth the features. Saying it's the better system is very subjective. If you don't believe the phone calls, why not call and ask yourself? Hear the news straight from the horse's mouth.

Gram

Banned
Awards
honestly the go is the better system, if sony could just figure out how to get umd's on it people would buy it.
...so by putting umd capatibility on it that'd ditch there psp 2000/3000 for the go......yeah.....

everydaygamer

pff sucks, but i wish people wouldn't take this as reason to call the go a failure i mean as far as i know, square is the only third party company to not put there games on the psn. o well guess I'll be playing it on the 1000.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
pff sucks, but i wish people wouldn't take this as reason to call the go a failure i mean as far as i know, square is the only third party company to not put there games on the psn. o well guess I'll be playing it on the 1000.

If you can call it a good system, we can call it a failure.

In the case of using it to play BBS and other games, yes, we consider it a failure. You can play all games on PSP (provided you have the UMD and/or it's on PSN), but you don't have that luxury with the GO. So if you want to be limited in terms of the games you can play, then yes, the GO is a good system.

everydaygamer

only good game you can't play on the go is crisis core and that's just because of square's issues. o well gonna check in on the trade in program at a local store to see if i can trade in my 1000 and some games to get the kingdom hearts bundle. but I'll still prolly play any game i can on the go till the day sony stops supporting it.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
only good game you can't play on the go is crisis core and that's just because of square's issues. o well gonna check in on the trade in program at a local store to see if i can trade in my 1000 and some games to get the kingdom hearts bundle. but I'll still prolly play any game i can on the go till the day sony stops supporting it.

You can't play BBS on the GO either...unless you don't count that as a good game.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I'm so glad i chose the PSP 3000 over the GO. I can't beleive i almost considered wasting my money on it.

everydaygamer

honestly even if i didn't have a go I'd still get digital copies over physical just cause i find it easier. i hope square will stop being stubborn about digital downloads someday.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
I'm so glad i chose the PSP 3000 over the GO. I can't beleive i almost considered wasting my money on it.

I never even considered wasting my money on it.

honestly even if i didn't have a go I'd still get digital copies over physical just cause i find it easier. i hope square will stop being stubborn about digital downloads someday.​

Even if I did have just digital copies, I would still use physical copies like UMDs because that would give me some peace of mind; even if the system fcks up for some reason, at least the games are still backed up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
honestly even if i didn't have a go I'd still get digital copies over physical just cause i find it easier. i hope square will stop being stubborn about digital downloads someday.

They are stubborn for a reason. Digital Downloads allow users to hack and pirate games which is exactly what happened to Dissidia. SE isn't going to risk the loss of $1mil again.

I find UMDs better than digital data. Information can be wiped easily. One minute you have a game and the next it has been erased by some crazy glitch and PSN loses your purchase information because one of their servers is screwed over, which means you are screwed.

A UMD can break, yes, but what are you doing to it to break it? And as long as the disk is intact, you can buy a new cover for it which will be stronger than the last broken UMD cover.

everydaygamer

the hack excuse is stupid because its gonna get hacked regardless square needs to get with the program either that or sony needs to make digital downloads mandatory for all 3rd party developers.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
the hack excuse is stupid because its gonna get hacked regardless square needs to get with the program either that or sony needs to make digital downloads mandatory for all 3rd party developers.

Of course people are going to find ways to hack it regardless - there's always a backdoor somewhere. But digital downloads just make it easier for people to hack it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, but it takes longer to hack UMDs. And BBS took months to hack into. I'm sure SE has boosted the security on the English version so it will take longer anyways. At least by time it is hacked, people would have bought it and pirates of the game would be pointless.

I dont think Digital Downloads shouldn't be mandatory until PSN has better security. Make the Go and PSN un-hackable like the PS3. So for now, I think the Go is crap and there is no point to it.

Last edited:

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
Yeah, but it takes longer to hack UMDs. And BBS took months to hack into. I'm sure SE has boosted the security on the English version so it will take longer anyways. At least by time it is hacked, people would have bought it and pirates of the game would be pointless.

I dont think Digital Downloads should be mandatory until PSN has better security. Make the Go and PSN un-hackable like the PS3. So for now, I think the Go is crap and there is no point to it.

There is a point - gives you practice for hacking games, apparently.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I never even considered wasting my money on it.

Well the reason i wanted a go in the first place was the built in 16gb. But I was concerned about the price. $250? $50 more and i could get a PS3. That's why i bought the 3000 instead of the GO. The price was just too damn high for a handheld.

Last edited:

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
Well the reason i wanted a go in the first place was the built in 16gb. But I was concerned about the price. $250? $50 more and i could get a PS3. That's why i bought the 3000 instead of the GO. The price was just too damn high for a handheld.

I agree with you.

I'd rather spend 300 on a PS3 than almost the same amount for a handheld that I couldn't even play my 2 favorite games on.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
One of my little brothers has a Go, and one has an old psp. I actually like the Go. It's more comfortable to hold and carry and the screen is just as amazing, even if it's smaller.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
One of my little brothers has a Go, and one has an old psp. I actually like the Go. It's more comfortable to hold and carry and the screen is just as amazing, even if it's smaller.

Exactly...the Go would have been great IF it had a UMD slot...thats all it needs (maybe a price drop...but a UMD drive more then anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back