• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Play Arts petition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas_Booker

The site is very trustworthy, it's AmiAmi which I researched and is one of the #1 Japan distributors that just recently opened up to international orders.

As for the Play Arts, only counterfeits exist of the first 5 ever released (Sora KH2, Kairi, Roxas, Axel, Sora Final) and then aftewards I guess they thought they weren't profitable enough to make more of (IDK just guessing) so there aren't any other KH counterfeits. Same goes for the Formation Arts (only Volumes 1 and 2 but none afterwards).

There is actually no way to tell if Axel, Roxas, or Kairi are counterfeits. Some of the authentic boxes had stickers on the bottom right advertising the first Chain of Memories manga so if you have that, it's guaranteed authentic, but if not, there's not way to tell so the figures are just as nice.

As for Sora KH2 and Final, his hair will be significantly lighter (closer to a dirty brown if anything) and the key thing is that he will NOT have the crown piece on his necklace. If your figure came with a crown piece but no chain, it's likely the chain broke off but your figure is authentic. However, if your figures has no crown piece, that's nearly a dead giveaway :(
Yeah the Roxas I have is great, and I'm guessing its authentic. As for the sora, I'm almost 100% sure that they all have crown pendants on their necklaces, but I'm not home yet, so when I get home Sunday I will check. If not, I may use the fake KH figures pieces to make a custom Vanitas. That wouldn't be too tough, and I've sculpted for years, so depending on how much time I spend on it, I might be able to do it... Riku's arms would be a nice base for vanitas', but unfortunately I only have one of him, and there's no way I'm breaking him to get his arms. I wish I could find a play arts figure just a bit taller than sora to use as a base though, because I want there to be that obvious physical difference in sora and vanitas except his face.
By the way, on the site it says that everything is in JPY... how do I order it in dollars? Does it do it in the checkout? And also, how bad is shipping?

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah the Roxas I have is great, and I'm guessing its authentic. As for the sora, I'm almost 100% sure that they all have crown pendants on their necklaces, but I'm not home yet, so when I get home Sunday I will check. If not, I may use the fake KH figures pieces to make a custom Vanitas. That wouldn't be too tough, and I've sculpted for years, so depending on how much time I spend on it, I might be able to do it... Riku's arms would be a nice base for vanitas', but unfortunately I only have one of him, and there's no way I'm breaking him to get his arms. I wish I could find a play arts figure just a bit taller than sora to use as a base though, because I want there to be that obvious physical difference in sora and vanitas except his face.
By the way, on the site it says that everything is in JPY... how do I order it in dollars? Does it do it in the checkout? And also, how bad is shipping?

Even if Roxas is counterfeit I wouldn't fret, the Roxas figure just looks great regardless so keep him no matter what (unless he's broken).

Good luck making a Vanitas figure, the hardest part I would think will be all the grooves on his body suit, that could be pretty tough I'd imagine, but I don't sculpt at all so that's just my guess.

As for the site, IDK, I haven't ordered anything from there yet (I plan to tonight), and shipping is pretty steep but when you realize it's coming from Japan I guess it isn't terrible. I plan on ordering 3 Play Arts figures (The Grid Sora, Riku, Poison Ivy) and the new set of Formation Arts tonight which is a HUGE box, I'll let you know how much shipping is when I find out. I think $50 or so would be okay considering I'm getting 5 statues and 3 huge figures, any more than $50 is pushing it o_O

Vanitas_Booker

Even if Roxas is counterfeit I wouldn't fret, the Roxas figure just looks great regardless so keep him no matter what (unless he's broken).

Good luck making a Vanitas figure, the hardest part I would think will be all the grooves on his body suit, that could be pretty tough I'd imagine, but I don't sculpt at all so that's just my guess.

As for the site, IDK, I haven't ordered anything from there yet (I plan to tonight), and shipping is pretty steep but when you realize it's coming from Japan I guess it isn't terrible. I plan on ordering 3 Play Arts figures (The Grid Sora, Riku, Poison Ivy) and the new set of Formation Arts tonight which is a HUGE box, I'll let you know how much shipping is when I find out. I think $50 or so would be okay considering I'm getting 5 statues and 3 huge figures, any more than $50 is pushing it o_O

Yeah, the grooves look 2d, but they would be easier to make if they were 3d....
the shipping for my Grid Sora and Riku was only 23 dollars, so that isn't too bad! Now, the figures of Sora and Riku in their normal DDD outfits... wow... those are so expensive it's not even funny.

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, the grooves look 2d, but they would be easier to make if they were 3d....
the shipping for my Grid Sora and Riku was only 23 dollars, so that isn't too bad! Now, the figures of Sora and Riku in their normal DDD outfits... wow... those are so expensive it's not even funny.

Really? How'd you find out the shipping rates? I was going to order the 4 things I wanted to BUT it told me that shipping wouldn't be found out until AFTER I placed my order and shipping could go as high as $125 so I didn't want to end up paying $100 or so for shipping O_O If it was only $23 for your 2 Play Arts, it shouldn't be more than $40 for the things I'm gonna get. Awesome, I think I'll order them tonight then ^_^

P.S. I know that on Amiami it says that the DDD Original Sora and Riku weren't coming out until early next year or something like that, but I heard they might be out in time for NYCC later this year in which case I can pick you up 1 of each at cost and as long as you pay for shipping and the figures, that should be fine ^_^ I know the Dusk plush will be there which I plan on picking up :)

Vanitas_Booker

Really? How'd you find out the shipping rates? I was going to order the 4 things I wanted to BUT it told me that shipping wouldn't be found out until AFTER I placed my order and shipping could go as high as $125 so I didn't want to end up paying $100 or so for shipping O_O If it was only $23 for your 2 Play Arts, it shouldn't be more than $40 for the things I'm gonna get. Awesome, I think I'll order them tonight then ^_^

P.S. I know that on Amiami it says that the DDD Original Sora and Riku weren't coming out until early next year or something like that, but I heard they might be out in time for NYCC later this year in which case I can pick you up 1 of each at cost and as long as you pay for shipping and the figures, that should be fine ^_^ I know the Dusk plush will be there which I plan on picking up :)
I think the regular DDD figures are coming out october 30th actually! Ebay has them, but they are SO expensive... I usually order all my figures on Amazon, but the DDD figures on there are pretty pricey (except the grid ones... they only go up to about 80 a piece plus shipping)

kupo1121

Awards
I think the regular DDD figures are coming out october 30th actually! Ebay has them, but they are SO expensive... I usually order all my figures on Amazon, but the DDD figures on there are pretty pricey (except the grid ones... they only go up to about 80 a piece plus shipping)

Things are always more expensive before they come out. Not sure why, but it's like that with all things. Okay, I'm gonna order my stuff through AmiAmi and I think the figures are coming out late Octobor but SE released the 4th series of Play Arts figures of Christmastown Sora, KH2 Mickey, and Jack Skellington exclusively at NYCC a few weeks early (just because the figures were ready so why not), so I'm hoping they do that again ^_^

I actually have no idea why the normal DDD figures are more expensive than The Grid ones on Amiami. They should be the exact same considering the figures are coming with 3 keyblades and the figures, just like The Grid...IDK.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
The site is very trustworthy, it's AmiAmi which I researched and is one of the #1 Japan distributors that just recently opened up to international orders.

As for the Play Arts, only counterfeits exist of the first 5 ever released (Sora KH2, Kairi, Roxas, Axel, Sora Final) and then aftewards I guess they thought they weren't profitable enough to make more of (IDK just guessing) so there aren't any other KH counterfeits. Same goes for the Formation Arts (only Volumes 1 and 2 but none afterwards).

There is actually no way to tell if Axel, Roxas, or Kairi are counterfeits. Some of the authentic boxes had stickers on the bottom right advertising the first Chain of Memories manga so if you have that, it's guaranteed authentic, but if not, there's not way to tell so the figures are just as nice.

As for Sora KH2 and Final, his hair will be significantly lighter (closer to a dirty brown if anything) and the key thing is that he will NOT have the crown piece on his necklace. If your figure came with a crown piece but no chain, it's likely the chain broke off but your figure is authentic. However, if your figures has no crown piece, that's nearly a dead giveaway :(

Yeah, KH2 Sora at best goes for $60 on Ebay and Final form a bit more but they aren't outrageous compared to other SE PAK (Play Arts Kai for short) line, like Bayonetta who I want but always goes for closer to $100 >_<

Yeah, when I got my Roxas figure though, the legs don't bend at all. I accidently broke a foot off trying to move it haha. Luckily they replaced it (although all their shipments had the same problem though). I'm glad I managed to get every form and the original five. Got them all boxed up, but my Sora and Roxas are standing proudly on my desk.

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, when I got my Roxas figure though, the legs don't bend at all. I accidently broke a foot off trying to move it haha. Luckily they replaced it (although all their shipments had the same problem though). I'm glad I managed to get every form and the original five. Got them all boxed up, but my Sora and Roxas are standing proudly on my desk.

It's not just your Roxas. The original Play Arts line (before they made Play Arts Kai) had terrible lower bodies. You can even see it on the Riku KH1 figure (since I know you have that). His abdomen is a hinge but his waist is not so It's terrible for positioning. Don't even get me start on the Mickey figures when it comes to posing them, you pretty much only have a choice of how much you want his arms to rotate lol

Why do you keep all your figures boxed up lol? I make it a point to take every figure out of its box, Static, Formation, and Play Arts. All of them are out on shelves (some in cases since dust is bleh <_<).

And yay! I ordered the 2 The Grid figures last night along with the new Formation Arts and the Ivy figure. Let's wait and see how much shipping is O_O

Vanitas_Booker

It's not just your Roxas. The original Play Arts line (before they made Play Arts Kai) had terrible lower bodies. You can even see it on the Riku KH1 figure (since I know you have that). His abdomen is a hinge but his waist is not so It's terrible for positioning. Don't even get me start on the Mickey figures when it comes to posing them, you pretty much only have a choice of how much you want his arms to rotate lol

Why do you keep all your figures boxed up lol? I make it a point to take every figure out of its box, Static, Formation, and Play Arts. All of them are out on shelves (some in cases since dust is bleh <_<).

And yay! I ordered the 2 The Grid figures last night along with the new Formation Arts and the Ivy figure. Let's wait and see how much shipping is O_O
Some of my Kingdom Hearts Play arts figures were so hard to bend that I broke their legs off as well.... nothing superglue couldn't fix, but it's still disappointing...
I actually kept two of my figures boxes, and now have them displayed in that (just because it looks cool to be able to see at least what the box looks like....
I'm actually tempted to get some of these new Formation Arts... I've never collected them, but some of them are really cool!
And by the way, tomorrow night is when Comic Con starts... we should be able to see what the new KH playarts are (if it even is KH)

kupo1121

Awards
Some of my Kingdom Hearts Play arts figures were so hard to bend that I broke their legs off as well.... nothing superglue couldn't fix, but it's still disappointing...
I actually kept two of my figures boxes, and now have them displayed in that (just because it looks cool to be able to see at least what the box looks like....
I'm actually tempted to get some of these new Formation Arts... I've never collected them, but some of them are really cool!
And by the way, tomorrow night is when Comic Con starts... we should be able to see what the new KH playarts are (if it even is KH)

Don't blame yourself, all Play Arts were fragile. My Kairi's forearm broke but you can reconnect it and it only separates now if you pull it. I could superglue it but then it won't be able to move anymore so I refuse to do that. Which 2 figures get that special treatment out of curiosity? My favorite 2 figures are easily KH1 Sephiroth (my favorite Play Arts figure out of them all) followed by Limit Form Sora. I just find those too very stunning (in person I'm talking about, I can't gauge the new ones since I haven't inspected them).

Honestly, I think the Formation Arts are possibly some of the nicest if not the nicest pieces of SE merchandise out there. It sucks that you cannot pose them but by god the detail on them is impeccable. I've never seen better detail on a figure (for its size) in my life. Seriously, if you're gonna go after them, I really advise you to try for KH2 Sora (from Volume 3), Namine from the 4th set, or Pridelands SDG and Axel from the most recent set (that was released).

The 4 of them are by far the nicest ones out of them all imo (once again, in person) and the best part is that they are not from the first 2 sets, so they won't cost $80 each ^_^

Personally, the first 2 sets (which are the most expensive) are the most lackluster as well. SE has really perfected their sculpting.

Vanitas_Booker

Don't blame yourself, all Play Arts were fragile. My Kairi's forearm broke but you can reconnect it and it only separates now if you pull it. I could superglue it but then it won't be able to move anymore so I refuse to do that. Which 2 figures get that special treatment out of curiosity? My favorite 2 figures are easily KH1 Sephiroth (my favorite Play Arts figure out of them all) followed by Limit Form Sora. I just find those too very stunning (in person I'm talking about, I can't gauge the new ones since I haven't inspected them).

Honestly, I think the Formation Arts are possibly some of the nicest if not the nicest pieces of SE merchandise out there. It sucks that you cannot pose them but by god the detail on them is impeccable. I've never seen better detail on a figure (for its size) in my life. Seriously, if you're gonna go after them, I really advise you to try for KH2 Sora (from Volume 3), Namine from the 4th set, or Pridelands SDG and Axel from the most recent set (that was released).

The 4 of them are by far the nicest ones out of them all imo (once again, in person) and the best part is that they are not from the first 2 sets, so they won't cost $80 each ^_^

Personally, the first 2 sets (which are the most expensive) are the most lackluster as well. SE has really perfected their sculpting.

I would have to say that the Limit Form is my favorite, followed by the Halloween Town Sora, and then the Jack Skellington.
The two I have inside the boxes are the Mickey and Christmas Town Sora, only because they're the only two that I kept the cases of! :D
Yeah, I will probably get the Roxas formation arts (with the Oathkeeper and Oblivion), the KH2 Sora (like you said), the Axel, The Twilight thorn, The Timeless River Sora, The Halloween Town Sora, and the Namine. Those look like my favorite! :)
Edit: The Grid Riku just arrived... oh man, this thing is INCREDIBLE! Definitely the best KH figures they have released thus far...
Funny though, KH1 Riku comes up to about his chin... Is he a bit taller in DDD? I thought they would be the same height (around 5'6)

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
I would have to say that the Limit Form is my favorite, followed by the Halloween Town Sora, and then the Jack Skellington.
The two I have inside the boxes are the Mickey and Christmas Town Sora, only because they're the only two that I kept the cases of! :D
Yeah, I will probably get the Roxas formation arts (with the Oathkeeper and Oblivion), the KH2 Sora (like you said), the Axel, The Twilight thorn, The Timeless River Sora, The Halloween Town Sora, and the Namine. Those look like my favorite! :)
Edit: The Grid Riku just arrived... oh man, this thing is INCREDIBLE! Definitely the best KH figures they have released thus far...
Funny though, KH1 Riku comes up to about his chin... Is he a bit taller in DDD? I thought they would be the same height (around 5'6)

From appearance (not actually holding them) I would say that if you are looking for detail, the Atlantica Formation Arts coming out is going to be the biggest seller by far. Not only is Little Mermaid gifted with the gift of popularity, but they are implementing clear plastic for the bubbles on it and I've never seen that before on any figure (Formation, Play, Static) and not just Kingdom Hearts.

For example, the recent Play Arts Kai figure of Catwoman from the Dark Knight Rises (Anne Hathaway) which is getting phenomenal reviews and is being considered one of the best Play Arts Kai figures out there (since Play Arts Kai figures of girls always outclass the guys, IDK why, SE knows how to sculpt a woman ;D) has glasses, but the "glass" part of the glasses is made with opaque brown. It's sad that they could have just clear plastic to actually make them glasses, but whatever.

I cannot wait until by Grid Riku arrives but we never did see the height of their dream forms, it's entirely possible that they kept their increased height but just looked like their KH1 selves in the game. However, they won't arrive for a while since they will be shipped with the new Formation line which isn't coming until late July.

Vanitas_Booker

I cannot wait until by Grid Riku arrives but we never did see the height of their dream forms, it's entirely possible that they kept their increased height but just looked like their KH1 selves in the game. However, they won't arrive for a while since they will be shipped with the new Formation line which isn't coming until late July.
Actually, I have discovered that In Kingdom Hearts height is a variable.... no joke... Sora in KH2 can go up to Jack Sparrows shoulders and Tron's shoulders... which doesn't make sense because Sparrow is 5'10 and Tron is 6'2. And, Some characters that appear to be the same size can actually be taller. I.E. Vanitas and Sora could be viewed as the same height by some people... actually, he's about 4 inches or so taller. Ventus also has a good inch or two on Roxas.
You need to see my other thread in the BBS section titled "Vanitas Height potential spoilers" and my other one in the KH2 section titled "Height variance- is this a mistake?".
I think you would find it interesting! :D

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That does sound interesting. Arguably, they cheated height for various reasons without intentionally fluctuating it.

In DDD though, it does seem that Soras new form is of course shorter than in KH2. Also, I believe Roxas actually grew in Days.

Vanitas_Booker

That does sound interesting. Arguably, they cheated height for various reasons without intentionally fluctuating it.

In DDD though, it does seem that Soras new form is of course shorter than in KH2. Also, I believe Roxas actually grew in Days.
I would not doubt either of those things that you said....
They do cheat the heights of characters and make them look shorter than they actually are from different angles. Who knows why. Most of the characters (like Sora) have a more normal height once you look at the character models side by side, but during in-game sessions, they somehow make the characters look abnormally short.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^that, I was not thinking. Unless you are talking about DDD.

I was thinking more about how they may have stretched Sora in KH2 at times. I actually have the model viewer for that game but never noticed it.

Vanitas_Booker

Actually, I know what you were saying but I think they do both.... I had the model viewer as well, and what's funny is that there are certain points that you can make the character a lot shorter or taller, and yet their features stay the same size. Look at Vanitas for example. He can be the same height as kh2 sora if you stretch him too, but he just naturally looks longer and more muscular, so calling him up a bit and making him taller than sora looks more cannon to the games. A lot of times, I think the developers change the angles to make the haracters look shorter/longer... Who knows why... Get what I mean?

kupo1121

Awards
Well, I'm curious then if they do other characters which figures they'll be comparing the height too. For example, if they did an Aqua figure (since that would be my dream figure lol) would she be relative to the KH2 or DDD figures...let's just wait until it happens I guess o_O

Vanitas_Booker

Well, I'm curious then if they do other characters which figures they'll be comparing the height too. For example, if they did an Aqua figure (since that would be my dream figure lol) would she be relative to the KH2 or DDD figures...let's just wait until it happens I guess o_O
Are play arts and play arts Kai the same scale? If so, it wouldn't matter, they would just make her whatever height they chose....

kupo1121

Awards
Are play arts and play arts Kai the same scale? If so, it wouldn't matter, they would just make her whatever height they chose....

It's never been stated, but the Play Arts Kai line is much more detailed and from what I read, they might be a bigger too which might explain why the Grid ones are bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back