• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep 'Special Edition'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So I'm in Australia and me and my brother got our copy of Birth by sleep today. It has everything as it said it would but the cover of the game is also (for lack of a better term) 'shiny' and on the back it is missing a barcode. The artbook is nice and excactly what i expected, still shots of everyone form the various world, a couple of cg renders (one seen on front of box) and some concept art and the artprints were as descibed. I was wondering though, does the shiny cover hold for all copies? I can post some pics of the special edition up if people want to see it.

EDIT: Shiny boxart is apparantly exclusive. Yay us

EDIT: Ok here's the link to the album, again sorry for the flash being in the middle of some shots, I tried to arrange some lights to reduce it but they didn't want to work that well.
http://imgur.com/a/3offM/birth_by_sleep_special_edition
Boxart is quite holographic and looks really great and I hope you can see that from the photos

(also already beaten all the scenarios and have unlocked the secret movie, hot dayuuuuum)

Last edited:

Unknownkidz

For real?! A friend of mine pre-ordered the Special Edition and hopefully I'll get it tomorrow!
As far as I know, the normal versions don't have a shiny cover.... which is totally awesome for those, who get the SE! xD
Yeah, post a picture!

Silent hero_

Awards
Yay, my copy of the SE has just been shipped! And the cover is shiny huh, that's awsome.. So excited right now! And yeah, post some pics.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Cool I thought it was a bit different, very glad I payed the extra $20. Uploading to a folder now, will update the first post with links. Having issues with flash + shinyness but I hope you will all get the idea

Unknownkidz

OMG, even the back cover looks different than the normal version! That's it, the SE version is totally awesome! :D
Thanks for taking the pictures, I can see the shinyness xD!

edit: oh and are there really only renders in this so-called "artbook"? No concept arts or something?

jordand

Can we get some more shots of the artbook just to see what we're missing over here in the U.S. of A.

Shadow Key

IT'S SHINY! THAT'S JUST WRONG!

The art book is one thing, but that's another. They could at least gave us that. The art book looks crappy anyway.

keys of destiney

not gonna lie N A got screwed on the psp deal, all i got was a silver psp and the game wtf.... anyway atleast i got kh stickers to put on the abck but still not worth what i paid

Cherryjuice

Great. my CE is going to arrive in a few hours here. X3
Yay for shiny cover!

edit: oh and are there really only renders in this so-called "artbook"? No concept arts or something?
I think so... Oo What did you expect?

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
As it says in the first post, there is concept art of a few of the stages, mostly from disney town but there's a few from mirage arena and one from deep space as well. There are also 2 double page pics, featuring the pictures form the art prints on there sides. At the back there's a few screens from the opening cutscene. On the whole it is very nice. Also there's a registration code pamphlet included

S

stevejensen21

I wouldn't complain everyone in the US. You guys get heaps of stuff we don't and you used to get it months before we did. KH2 for example, you got in march, we had to wait till september. And we didn't even get Re:COM. Which is stupid! How hard can it be to localize it? And we don't have a Square-Enix store!

Anyway, my point is. You shouldn't worry so much, we've only just started to get stuff in the past few years from Square-Enix. We got Dissidia, Crisis Core and Birth by Sleep special editions, besides that, we have nothing. Maybe square is trying to make it up to us! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back