• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Version Differences?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rainclouds

Awards
Good day, people.

So I've been getting the itch to play BBS again, and have access to the PSP and PS4 versions. Honestly prefer playing on the PSP more for whatever reason, but here's the thing. For the longest time I've thought that the international release of the PSP version had everything that the Final Mix version had. Only now I've noticed that the FM version came after the international PSP release.

I was getting confused on what content is in which version as I've battled Monstro on the PSP and there's the blue Flood while the PS4 version has the purple Flood and whatnot.

So, wanted to ask:

Which versions of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep have which content? Between the international PSP version and the Final Mix PS3/4 version?

Thank you.

Noivern

Awards
The PS4 version is the Final Mix which adds a bunch of extra things like an extra chapter after you finish the 3 character scenarios + the epilogue, extra bosses/keyblades, a few extra cutscenes and balance changes throughout the entire game.

The Final Mix came after the English release.

If you want the overall best experience then the PS4 remaster is obviously the best there is, but if you feel comfier with the PSP you can just see gameplay of the extra chapter + the cutscenes on youtube as it's considerably less content compared to the KH1/2 equivalents of a FM, honestly.

AegisXIII

Awards
Same for KH1.
The japanese was first, then came the english version with some extra bosses, then the final mix only in Japan which had all the occidental extra bosses + more scenes and bosses.

Back