• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep -Volume Two- Multi Character Game? *Spoilers?*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
@mog

So, something a bit more linear? Like you beat Aqua's scenario, then you unlock Mickey's, beat Mickey and then you get Riku?

That's how I imagen it might be. Sort of like in CoM where you have to play as Sora first then Riku who had a shorter scenerio.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
ok I could see a Mickey scenario if Nomura allows it but a Riku? if this game does span from Zero Points - Blank Points he was only in the dark realm like what twice? swallowed by darkness and ends up with Malificient. End of KH1 and travels until he gets brought to C.O. by DiZ. any more after that? besides if they made a scenario for him it would have too many timeskips. a game of Aqua's time and Mickeys time up to the end of KH1 ould be fine

Ikkin

Bronze Member
El Coquí;5414321 said:
ok I could see a Mickey scenario if Nomura allows it but a Riku? if this game does span from Zero Points - Blank Points he was only in the dark realm like what twice? swallowed by darkness and ends up with Malificient. End of KH1 and travels until he gets brought to C.O. by DiZ. any more after that? besides if they made a scenario for him it would have too many timeskips. a game of Aqua's time and Mickeys time up to the end of KH1 ould be fine

Yeah, giving Riku a scenario in a game with the main scenario being the Realm of Darkness would be a huge problem.

We've had two games with multiple playable scenarios so far: Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep.

Both of those games feature the protagonists exploring the same worlds. Birth by Sleep separates the worlds into different chunks for the different PCs, and has different bosses for each of them, but there's still a huge amount they're able to reuse there.

We can basically assume that Aqua's going to be one of the PCs for BbS -Vol. 2-, because she's the one who finds the Castle of Dreams in the Realm of Darkness. Adding an extra scenario for Mickey is, by far, the easiest scenario to add -- he's in the Realm of Darkness during the timespan of KH1, and he'd presumably be exploring the same locations as Aqua is (though probably at different times) for that entire time.

Riku, on the other hand, is in the Realm of Darkness for a very short period of time, and is being influenced by Mickey almost that entire time -- there's nothing to add to his story in the Realm of Darkness that we wouldn't already have seen in Mickey's. And everything else they could do with him would involve creating an entirely different setting -- there's next to nothing they could reuse between his scenario and Aqua's, because he's in the Realm of Light most of the time.

I think it would make the most sense for a Realm of Darkness game to only include Aqua and Mickey as PCs, and give some more insight into Riku's time in the Realm of Darkness through Mickey. That would still leave some holes in Riku's story, but that could be explored in 3D in the form of memories or something.

As for Kairi, I have no idea where they're going with the scene in the Secret Ending, but it wouldn't make much sense to give her a scenario in a Realm of Darkness game, either, considering she's never been there.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I like the idea of a Aqua/Mickey/Riku game. They are the ones who do a bunch of stuff in the background from the end of BBS onwards. As we see in the FM Secret Ending, Aqua was doing something. And then Mickey is in the RoD during KH1, then doing stuff in KH2 that was never really talked about either. And then Riku, he's doing crap all through KH1 and KH2.

Although, I don't see how Disney Worlds would be implemented into this game...

EDIT:
Just had a thought. Aqua finds the Castle of Dreams in the RoD, so maybe her scenerio could actually takes place during KH1 when a bunch of worlds fell to darkness. Maybe some pieces wound up in RoD, instead of them all doing to End of The World... or possibly her scenario takes place in End of The World?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I wouldn't necessarily take the variety of scenes we saw as an indicator of multiple scenarios. I mean, people are jumping all over the idea of playing as Kairi just because of a two second scene with her in it. So does the scene of Donald and Goofy in Traverse Town mean we'll play as one of them?
No we won't. The playable character's will be Keyblade wielders like always so just Aqua,Mickey,Riku, and Kairi.

El Coquí;5414357 said:
um riku doing crap all through kh1 and kh2 is told in CoM and Days
No it's not. As you can see from the FM ending not everything he did was shown take for example Riku meeting Ansem SOD in DI.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
OMG one scene that he's watching Roxas and Xion changes everything! really its implied throughout Days he had been watching them or at least Xion. If not he wouldnt have found her on Destiny Islands when she had that mental breakdown

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
El Coquí;5414372 said:
OMG one scene that he's watching Roxas and Xion changes everything! really its implied throughout Days he had been watching them or at least Xion. If not he wouldnt have found her on Destiny Islands when she had that mental breakdown
I didn't mention anything about days o_O but regardless it proves that there scene that are important for the series as a whole and also proves that we don't know everything Riku did Nomura is perfectly capable of inserting scenes that are relevant to future titles.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
you all assume it will be a mass amount of characters just becuase of BBS. that doesn necessarily mean that it will be multiple scenarios. it could just be aqua and she could run into mickey, or riku, but that doesnt necessarily mean we play as them

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I'm not so sure this time around. I think we only NEED to play as Aqua. Since Terra and Ven are out of the picture, she should be the main focus. Riku and Mickey can be supporting characters.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
you all assume it will be a mass amount of characters just becuase of BBS. that doesn necessarily mean that it will be multiple scenarios. it could just be aqua and she could run into mickey, or riku, but that doesnt necessarily mean we play as them

ive honestly been saying this for the longest but noone listens lol

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I have a list of characters I want to play as. But I've ordered it in probability it will happen(This is assuming there's multiple scenarios). Also, I ordered it in a way so that no. 1 would be the obvious choice if there's only one scenario, and no. 2 being included if there's only two. Anyways, onto the list...
1. Aqua - Do I even need to explain why?
2. Mickey - I would hate this, but this isn't a favorites list, it's a probability list, and Mickey must've been in RoD for several years at a time. There's only a 50-50 chance for him, though, because Donald freaked out when Mickey left. And when was that? The beginning of KH 1.
3. Riku - His entire story was not told through Days. A bit of KH 1 Riku in the beginning, some Days and KH 2 later.
4. Kairi - She was seen in the Secret Ending at the Old Mansion in Twilight Town. This would be a short scenario, though, to see if fans are into the idea.
5. Ventus - Shown disappearing at the end, must mean something, no? Again, if included, would be a short scenario.

I also think there would be a short time where you play as Xehanort the Apprentice in Radiant Garden. Similar to when you play as Roxas at the start of KH 2. Meaning, it would serve as a Tutorial, and would be too short to be considered it's own scenario.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
El Coquí;5414491 said:
just stick with Aqua...maybe if Nomura is that bored Mickey as well even though his story can be explained if he meets up with Aqua plain and simple.
There's the matter of the Kingdom Key D keyblade Mickey picked up there & how he got it. By no means does it have to involve Aqua's presence. Plus his meeting with Riku & arriving at the door at the end of KH1. That's 3 major events without Aqua.

you all assume it will be a mass amount of characters just becuase of BBS.
Well it is carrying the BBS name so yes, I'm assuming 3 characters because of that.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
There's the matter of the Kingdom Key D keyblade Mickey picked up there & how he got it. By no means does it have to involve Aqua's presence. Plus his meeting with Riku & arriving at the door at the end of KH1. That's 3 major events without Aqua.

Well it is carrying the BBS name so yes, I'm assuming 3 characters because of that.

the only one that cant have Aqua is the end of KH1. but how do you know he doesnt get Darkside without Aqua's presense. She could just be there she doesnt have to be involved

Revolution

El Coquí;5414491 said:
just stick with Aqua...maybe if Nomura is that bored Mickey as well even though his story can be explained if he meets up with Aqua plain and simple.

Yes, because why make a minute long ending showing scenes from the series we never saw before to just say "Oh! Forget everyone else. Just focus on Aqua!"

There was a reason Nomura chose to show Riku watching Xion and Roxas.
There was a reason Nomura chose to show Kairi and HPO at the Old Mansion.
There was a reason Nomura chose to show Ven not being in the CoW
There was a reason he chose to show it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back