• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I believe Sepheroth 1 practically nailed this one.

Birth By Sleep could very well mean "birth of the keyblade master" their dreams. Sora got his keyblade from dreaming of it. Roxas got his own from entering the dream stage. Riku probably had the same. So basically, we're almost forgetting about how the keyblade came to the characters.

I could laugh at how far back when we used to think the knights were "Chasers" that are born from sleep. Now we see them as heroes.

I pretty much said the same thing too.

rikuzgirl4lyfe

In twilight town, eating sea salt ice cream with m
Website
www.myspace.com
i always thought birth by sleep meant the birth of a keyblader cause the all got their keyblades in that dream state.
wow that's a good theory.

but i think birth by sleep means that somehow sora is a reincarnation of roxas, or something along those lines. i know it doesn't make sense, but numora enjoys confusing us, and the BHS does look like roxas. so if he got frozen in the "keyblade wars" and...oh i don't know. i gotta work on my theory.

Kilika

if sora is a reincarnation of the BHS his name wont be roxas because roxas is the organization name version of sora

Kilika

why would it be that if they wrote it birth by sleep in english. i could understand if it was a translation error but its in the freaking video as birth by sleep

Joy

Bronze Member
I always believed the saying was meant for the Awakening when the keyblade is given to someone.

sepheroth1

but i think birth by sleep means that somehow sora is a reincarnation of roxas, or something along those lines. i know it doesn't make sense, but numora enjoys confusing us, and the BHS does look like roxas. so if he got frozen in the "keyblade wars" and...oh i don't know. i gotta work on my theory.

with the thing with the knights going into hiding maybe they hid by becoming parts of other people or keyblades, like if the roxas looking knight hid in, or became a part of the kingdom key and when sora got it he became part of the roxas looking knight and when sora turned into a heartless that nobody was created from the roxas looking knight, which could be why sora was able to come bac to his body from being a heartless since it wasnt his body that was turned into a nobody. who doesnt remembr anything because if Xehanort lost his memories (from possibly the battle if he was in it from the secret vid) then maybe all of the knights lost their memories or at least some did whihc would explain why roxas remembered nothing of his past.

And could we drop the whole sleep by birth, birth by sleep thing, its stupid

swizzle

You are such a drag..
in kh2 fm+ some of teh new cut scenes mention that xemnas is in the sleep room, sleeping obviously, and sometimes talking to someone when no one is in there but him. and tehn another organization member says taht he is searching for teh other room, the room that he did not create. it is in a new cutscene where zexion is talking to someone, but i forget who. those are some of my thoughts that have to do with that but i am really not sure tho

Joy

Bronze Member
What you just wrote is backwards.

If I wrote Birth by Sleep in Japanese it would be written Sleep by Birth. It's like that in manga.

Last edited:
Z

zowyx

i think birth by sleep means
as a heartless sleeps a nobody is born
or
a new battle begun when sora 'slept'
or
when xehanort was still not yet found by ansem, he was sleeping, and only then when he became 'active' (birth), he became somebody else

but that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back