• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth of Nobodies Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gstkh2

I realize that I did just post a thread, but as I was writing it, it occurred to me to begin this one. I intend to use it as a compliment to what I just wrote.

So, as stated, Xemnas has dominion over nothingness. I believe the threat of "getting turned into a Dusk" comes completely from his ability, as the first Nobody ever born, to control the element that they are comprised of.
So, here's my belief as a result of that: I think that all Nobodies begin their existence in their human forms.

Why would the Org need to recruit if that was not the case? If only certain Nobodies were born as people, the Org would have no need to go around recruiting, which implies that they choose from a pool of candidates. They would go hunt down the few born as humans and induct them, a scenario that makes no sense. Why are some born human and others not? Nobody had their powers or abilities before their rebirth.

I think that everybody who becomes a Nobody is born retaining their human form and sense of self, as well as gaining new abilities, the way that the members of the Org have powers they did not possess in their human lives.
Where do the abilities come from? Not explained. But I'm willing to bet that, since the heart is gone, the things that make a person uniquely them manifest in other, physical ways, like powers.
Aeleus was very strong and silent, so he got the element of earth, and super strength.
Lea was exuberant and had a lot of zeal, so he got fire.
Isa was calm and collected, unwavering as the moon.
Demyx (whoever he was before) is lazy and laid-back, going with the ebb and flow of life. Water!

Just a few examples.

Also note that everyone's weapons resemble those they had before. Lea's pads, Dilan's spear, Aeleus' axe, especially Roxas' keyblade and even Ienzo's book.
Think about it. Nothing about a person's personality is transferred to a Heartless. A Heartless' appearance and behavior depend entirely upon the environment.
So, I think that a person's personality is actually always left in the body at first, as part of the sense of selfhood that they get to retain, which they manifests in the form of a power fitting their personality. Everyone is born a Nobody just like the Org, human with a sense of self and a cool set of powers.

If this was the case, then the recruiting process would make much more sense. The Org does not train these people to get their powers. Xigbar, when he found Marluxia, acknowledged his strength on his own. I think what happens is they find the most promising people who got the most profound gifts, and bring them before Xemnas. He accepts those he finds powerful, and downgrades those to lower ranking Nobodies who don't fit the pay grade.

What do you all think?

Emperor

My understanding was that Nobodies only retain their sense of self and body if they had a strong heart, thus, people like Marluxia are easily picked out to be exceptional. As for the abilities and powers, Braig could preform similar feats before becoming Xigbar, so who's to say the others couldn't preform similar feats before becoming Nobodies themselves.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Well we know becoming a Nobody is a rare occurrence, so rare that a decade of Heartless attacks produced a small amount of them. I don't think they have a lot of choices seeing how most human Nobodies did not come out through completely natural means. The Apprentices were forced and they make up half of the organization, and the other half we don't know much about(Besides Roxas).

You have to have a very strong heart to even produce a Dusk and they're weak; Yen Sid remarks saying that the humanoid ones are more powerful, which infers the class/power system. Personally I think the Replica program was supposed to be the answer to their problem.

gstkh2

I did think about Braig and Xigbar having the same move set, but then I remembered that, by the time Terra battled him, Braig had already accepted a piece of Master Xehanort's heart, hence the yellow eyes and pointed ears. I feel it's pretty possible that in giving up his heart even for that short time he gained the powers that come with being a Nobody.
Xigbar is very aloof and diffident, and takes everything lightly. He was still taunting Sora even as he faded at the end of KHII, but he tended to work behind the scenes. This is all theory, but from that angle, him having gained powers of space and sniper lasers seems to fit him. Also note that none of the other future Org members we see in BbS have their powers.

Think about how, in DDD, Lea still retained all his powers as a human from when he was Axel. So, technically when Braig gave up his heart, he temporarily became a Nobody before accepting MX, even for a moment. That would have been all he needed to get a Nobody's powers, and then retain them as a human.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I did think about Braig and Xigbar having the same move set, but then I remembered that, by the time Terra battled him, Braig had already accepted a piece of Master Xehanort's heart, hence the yellow eyes and pointed ears. I feel it's pretty possible that in giving up his heart even for that short time he gained the powers that come with being a Nobody.

Braig hadn't, actually. His eyes weren't yellow until he battled Aqua.

Anagram

Banned
A lot about the nobodies dont make much sense imo but that's a writing debate for another day. What I've come to understand is life has a heart, body and soul. The body+soul disappear to reform as a nobody assuming the heart lost was strong enough to imprint a personality/will in the form of memories from their human life.

I dont recall anything contradicting the possibility of Xemnas turning others into dusks but at the same time the only proof you have of it is the threat made on Axel. Axel was apparently scarred enough of the threat but that can be taken with grains of salt.

Siax also mentions that they "remember what it was like" implying that the humanoid ones remember more than lesser ones do. Presumably remember what feeling is like.
I suppose you could take that with a grain of salt too since it's been revealed pretty much everything was a lie fabricated by Xemnas and Xigbar.

*shurgs* I dont deny the theory would work in accordance to Xehanort's behaviors but nobodies are also incredibly rare. A byproduct that's hardly produced. So like others have said I doubt many options were there to be had to begin with.

Edit. Also I dont think movesets or powers really have much play here aside from Xemnas' powers. It's Xemnas powers that are key to your theory not whether Braig & Xigbar has similar movesets or powers. (which they do)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I once heard an interesting theory that turning a person into a Heartless reduces that person's elements to their most basic forms, causing the resulting Heartless to carry those synthesis materials. You know, those shards and crystals that have elemental power trapped inside of them. If the person's heart was strong enough, those elements would manifest themselves in their Nobody. In humanoid ones, those elements go to their extreme forms as potent powers.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
They're Nobodies? They are a separate creature from humans. Having a heart, or the ability to have one doesn't change that. The Heartless have hearts and they're not humans either.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Okay, so if nobodies do indeed have hearts, what are Nobodies in the Kingdom Hearts Universe?
The by-product of a being that has lost its heart. The soul keeps the body alive and acts with a will of its own. It seems that the lack of a heart is not a defining characteristic of a Nobody, however.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Okay, so if nobodies do indeed have hearts, what are Nobodies in the Kingdom Hearts Universe?

You're getting things mixed up. Nobodies don't have hearts but they do have the potential to grow one.
They're inherently "heartless".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back