• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Data Riku may possess the journal's data but that doesn't mean he is consciously aware of all its information. There is no indication that Data Riku is aware the same information that both Data Roxas and Data Namine know about.
He is the journal. What Data-Namine said is inside of him, it just had to be unlocked first so it makes sense that once it was all unlocked, he gained the knowledge.

As for the Riku Replica, I highly doubt he would want revenge. I think the Riku Replica could use his insights about Riku's darkness to help guide Riku in completely putting his shameful past behind him and embracing the absolution of redemption.
It's pretty obvious that I have not really kept track on why the people want Repliku back, but I remember them talking about revenge on Riku because of his existence. If there is anyone to take this up with, it's them.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Honestly, if we do get Repliku back (be it instead of Data Riku/even with an appearance of Data Riku), I want it to be as a sort of guardian of one of the worlds, preferably a Disney world (Darkwing Duck? =D) with a redesign. AKA, without Riku's dark suit, and preferably a helmet (that doesn't look like Vanitas') so we can distinguish him better and have the feeling that there are NOT so many clones, and that Repliku gained his own identity, even if it's through hiding his fake one he'll be stuck with forever. BUt I'd want his role as a lesser, not a bigger role. More like a world role, that's it.

But I would rather have my Data Riku, which, in all honesty, I think is the Riku in this debate.Time will tell, but I just think it'd be bad writing for that Riku specifically to be any Riku other than Data Riku for the sheer fact it leads us to believe that and that Riku has the same look. Really, I just think it'd be a waste and terrible writing to have it be anyone/anything else.

I wouldn't mind Repliku in a different world with the same things as I said in the first part of my post. Just so long as Monstro Riku in the DDD trailer is Data Riku.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Chaser said:
He is the journal. What Data-Namine said is inside of him, it just had to be unlocked first so it makes sense that once it was all unlocked, he gained the knowledge.

But Data Riku isn't omniscient when it comes to everything inside the journal. It wasn't established that Data Riku automatically knows everything that Data Sora knows.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But Data Riku isn't omniscient when it comes to everything inside the journal. It wasn't established that Data Riku automatically knows everything that Data Sora knows.
However, Data Riku would know what Data Namine would say since she is data recorded inside of him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
LOLs,
yes i remember this now.
This really does tell them nothing. Why would he take time to write somthing like this?

It practically only tells them that there's more stuff to do for them and that there are people in need to be saved, it's not even disclosed how many, lol.
Mickey's either too lazy to spill it out in the letter or it may also be a precaution move if someone other intercepts the letter.

In mechanics tough, it's probably just like JustSnilloc said, Nomura's habit of being vague. Mickey has become Nomura's proxy inside the series.
If you remember, in KH2 he was also pretty dodgy and vague about just what he was doing beside searching for the real Ansem the Wise.
Maybe that's just Mickey's way of doing things.

It's pretty obvious that I have not really kept track on why the people want Repliku back, but I remember them talking about revenge on Riku because of his existence. If there is anyone to take this up with, it's them.

I think the main reasons are that it would be convenient for him to be there, seeing that he disappeared, and, pardon me to pull that out again, apparently just because Xion is going to be "saved" that apparently automatically means Repliku should be as well.

I really don't know about the "revenge"-plot...it would be really somewhat shallow and uneccessary considering what stuff needs all to be addressed, if it is really Repliku I would rather see him having some more important stuff to do than just re-enact his pissy-sissy stuff he did in Chain of Memories in both Sora's and Riku's story.
He should be already past that point considering his last convo with "real" Riku.
In terms of plot importance, Data-Riku would surely be the wiser and more important choice to be there from the information we have so far.

padlock

Awards
I don't honestly understand why anyone would want Data Riku back. Repliku was his own person.. character. Data Riku was stale. no point in seeing him again. it could be bittersweet seeing Repliku again. Like we know his life is ended cause he's "asleep" or something like that.

Whats the point in Data Riku coming back?

JustSnilloc

I don't honestly understand why anyone would want Data Riku back. Repliku was his own person.. character. Data Riku was stale. no point in seeing him again. it could be bittersweet seeing Repliku again. Like we know his life is ended cause he's "asleep" or something like that.

someone should read previous posts...

(DDD is said to have strong connections to the "trio" of games after KH2) due to him (Data Riku) and D-Sora needing to pass their knowledge on to the "flesh" versions or even having to do with Ansem the Wise's data, which is said to be a crucial plot point in DDD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The quote could be also what is the point of Repliku coming back?
He's not officially one of those in need to be saved, he has no real story-relevant ties to anyone (like i.e. Vanitas or Ansem SoD) nor any real plot significance so far.

someone should read previous posts...

He's not talking about the game's logic, he's saying what would be more interesting for him.

Fixed that.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
because Nomura has this habbit of being incredibly vague and it's rubbed off on Mickey apparently

Wait, now that its not midnight and im thinking a little clearer, that letter was sent after kh2, at that point nomura had nnot even concieved all of the three side games, so he would not know what to put in that letter. So it is proably better fo us that it is vague insted of full of retconable facts.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Chaser said:
However, Data Riku would know what Data Namine would say since she is data recorded inside of him.

If Data Riku knew what Data Namine was going to say, then Data Riku would have just told Mickey about the information instead of sending Data Sora to find it. I suppose it's possible that Data Riku could somehow let Riku enter the journal world and go looking for the information himself.

Sephiroth0812 said:
The quote could be also what is the point of Repliku coming back?
He's not officially one of those in need to be saved, he has no real story-relevant ties to anyone (like i.e. Vanitas or Ansem SoD) nor any real plot significance so far.

I don't really see why Xion should be counted among those in torment an not the Riku Replica. The two characters are identical in a lot of ways, and the only reason Xion seems to have made the list is because her heart is connected to Sora's heart and the Riku Replica's heart is not. I don't think that trait alone disqualifies the Riku Replica from having his fate resolved in a positive way.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I don't really see why Xion should be counted among those in torment an not the Riku Replica. The two characters are identical in a lot of ways, and the only reason Xion seems to have made the list is because her heart is connected to Sora's heart and the Riku Replica's heart is not. I don't think that trait alone disqualifies the Riku Replica from having his fate resolved in a positive way.

This is why we need like buttons.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
If Data Riku knew what Data Namine was going to say, then Data Riku would have just told Mickey about the information instead of sending Data Sora to find it. I suppose it's possible that Data Riku could somehow let Riku enter the journal world and go looking for the information himself.

Dont forget that xion coming back is woul render her whole sacrfice previously as nothing. Her existence jepordizes that of sora and by extension ventus, she more trouble then she is worth.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wait, now that its not midnight and im thinking a little clearer, that letter was sent after kh2, at that point nomura had nnot even concieved all of the three side games, so he would not know what to put in that letter. So it is proably better fo us that it is vague insted of full of retconable facts.

You forget though that the actual content of the letter wasn't known until Coded.
In the ending of KH2 the letter was shown but not it's content. When Coded came out Days had already been released and BBS was very well into full development.
So the point of Nomura being vague intentionally is more legit.

Indeed, that would have shortened Coded by a certain degree, yet for DDD we have to look at the current status of the Journal. Data Sora and Data Riku now know everything Data Naminé wanted them to know and to deliver that knowledge to the real ones the RoS could be used as an intermediary.
Just because we didn't see Data Sora in the trailer (remember we also didn't see anything of Terra, Aqua and Ven) doesn't mean automatically that he won't have an appearance.

Well, fact is she IS counted as seen in Blank Points and Repliku is not. If going by that premise we should also include Eraqus because he was also not counted despite his heart being in Terra.
Identical? As far as I know Repliku didn't have any appearance-altering powers nor any memories from someone else inside him. Vexen collected battle data while fighting the real Riku to finish the Replica and it later got fake memories implanted by Naminé + the ones he can call his own which he made during his short independence in CO.
Xion being on the list because of a direct connection to Sora's heart seems to be an important factor though, as it was more or less hinted that this is required to be able to "return" as by Nomura's answers.
And unlike the Riku Replica she "returned" to Sora, may also be a factor.

I won't say it's completely impossible for the second Riku to be the Replica. The fact that disappeared beings regardless of which nature apparently go to the RoS gives him a solid reason to be possibly there.
I only say that in terms of plot and connections Data-Riku would make more sense. DDD is said to have close connections back to Days/BBS/Coded, not CoM.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Sephiroth0812 said:
Indeed, that would have shortened Coded by a certain degree, yet for DDD we have to look at the current status of the Journal. Data Sora and Data Riku now know everything Data Naminé wanted them to know and to deliver that knowledge to the real ones the RoS could be used as an intermediary.
Just because we didn't see Data Sora in the trailer (remember we also didn't see anything of Terra, Aqua and Ven) doesn't mean automatically that he won't have an appearance.

But my point is that there is no indication that Data Riku even knows about any of the information that Data Roxas and Data Namine know about. It's possible that Data Riku was later was told about the information by someone else, but I don't see why the Data Riku would need to be the messenger for whoever told him about the information.

I think Mickey and Yensid will explain all the necessary information from Re:coded to Riku and Sora before they take the Mark of Mastery exam. I can envision Yensid using his holograms to show the different sets of those in torment and describing them to Sora and Riku in a manner very similar to how Yensid described Heartless, Nobodies, and the Organization to Sora, Donald, and Goofy in KH2.

Sephiroth0812 said:
Well, fact is she IS counted as seen in Blank Points and Repliku is not. If going by that premise we should also include Eraqus because he was also not counted despite his heart being in Terra.
Identical? As far as I know Repliku didn't have any appearance-altering powers nor any memories from someone else inside him. Vexen collected battle data while fighting the real Riku to finish the Replica and it later got fake memories implanted by Naminé + the ones he can call his own which he made during his short independence in CO.

I personally think that Eraqus is going to have his fate resolved in a positive way too. I was fine with accepting Eraqus as being gone forever, but Nomura for whatever reason decided to have Eraqus' heart go within Terra or whatever, so I think Nomura has some sort of long term plan to undo almost all the damage done in BBS... and perhaps even the entire series. It really does seem like the series is working its way towards a very Disney-like resolution where pretty much everyone gets a happy ending.

Eraqus is another reason why I think the Riku Replica will have his fate resolved in a positive way. Eraqus may not be included among those in torment, but Eraqus' heart was clearly kept in the series for some reason. I think if some fans are expecting Eraqus to have a more positive fate, then that would suggest there are characters who will be freed from torment that aren't on the list of those in torment. As for the Riku Replica, I was fine with letting his fate remain unchanged, but since someone as irrelevant as Xion is going to get a more positive resolution, I figured "Why not the Riku Replica too while we're at it?"

Xion and the Riku Replica are pretty much the same. Sure the Riku Replica didn't have a fake Keyblade or ability to transform, but all that are mostly superficial traits if that makes any sense. Xion and the Riku Replica both have heart. They're both Replicas. They both had tragic fates. They're essentially the same in every way that matters, and Xion being connected to Sora's heart seems like such an unfair determining factor for Xion getting a positive fate and not the Riku Replica.

digimikej

Awards
I think the main reasons are that it would be convenient for him to be there, seeing that he disappeared, and, pardon me to pull that out again, apparently just because Xion is going to be "saved" that apparently automatically means Repliku should be as well.

hey! thats not MY reasoning. i think my reasoning (not going to repeat my entire previous post,its just a couple pages back) was pretty sound. and I shall continue thinking so until someone with more knowledge of the series then I inevitably reads it and shows me the errors in it.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Well I think Xion coming back is a good enough reason for Repliku to come back. Just for this game at least.

Axel coming back is an even better reason.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
But my point is that there is no indication that Data Riku even knows about any of the information that Data Roxas and Data Namine know about. It's possible that Data Riku was later was told about the information by someone else, but I don't see why the Data Riku would need to be the messenger for whoever told him about the information.
Oh, Data Riku does know...because he IS the Journal. Everything that happened in Coded is inside Data Riku because he is the manifestation of the whole Journal.
He has all that data/information inside him.

That's why the Data Riku would be the most suitable messenger, he has the complete information from all perspectives inside him.

I think Mickey and Yensid will explain all the necessary information from Re:coded to Riku and Sora before they take the Mark of Mastery exam. I can envision Yensid using his holograms to show the different sets of those in torment and describing them to Sora and Riku in a manner very similar to how Yensid described Heartless, Nobodies, and the Organization to Sora, Donald, and Goofy in KH2.
That is of course another possible way to do it...but also a pretty round-abound way for Mickey to first tell Yen Sid and then HE tells it to Sora and Riku.

I personally think that Eraqus is going to have his fate resolved in a positive way too. I was fine with accepting Eraqus as being gone forever, but Nomura for whatever reason decided to have Eraqus' heart go within Terra or whatever, so I think Nomura has some sort of long term plan to undo almost all the damage done in BBS... and perhaps even the entire series. It really does seem like the series is working its way towards a very Disney-like resolution where pretty much everyone gets a happy ending.
Yeah, fact is his essence still exists in some way. However, that he comes back completely in the physical world isn't a give yet. I think the only four people we can be absolutely sure about that will come back as a full physical existence in the Realm of Light are Aqua, Ansem the Wise, Terra and Ventus.
The others, especially the incompletes, may get a chance if there is a way constructed for them to allow it but it's not a sure-fire thing yet.

That Nomura has a sort of long-term overall plan since he finished KH2 has already been stated several times, so I think it's safely to assume that.
Although "undoing" the damage of BBS itself is hardly possible except by reversing time. The consequences of most of it can be remedied and the BBS-Trio given relief, yes, but i.e. Terra being possessed and having to fight for over 10 years or Ventus having his heart shattered twice can't really be "undone".
The impact and memories of the damage done to them will always remain.
Much "damage" done in the series can be indeed lead to a higher purpose that in the end shows us the initial damage was necessary to get to an overall better solution.
Remember the phrase: "In order to be reborn you need to die/disappear first"?

Eraqus is another reason why I think the Riku Replica will have his fate resolved in a positive way. Eraqus may not be included among those in torment, but Eraqus' heart was clearly kept in the series for some reason. I think if some fans are expecting Eraqus to have a more positive fate, then that would suggest there are characters who will be freed from torment that aren't on the list of those in torment. As for the Riku Replica, I was fine with letting his fate remain unchanged, but since someone as irrelevant as Xion is going to get a more positive resolution, I figured "Why not the Riku Replica too while we're at it?"
Yes, and one obvious reason apparently was in order to help Terra resisting Master Xehanort for longer. Eraqus's heart may even have been a factor in Terra-Xehanort failing to expel Terra's heart at the end of the Final Episode in BBS.
Eraqus not being on the list could have also the reason that he's not connected to Sora though, like Riku Replica.
While connecting your hearts to others is apparently an ability all hearts can do, only Sora and Xehanort exhibit it in such a severe, apparently universal-meaning way.
Well, with Eraqus and Xion there were more or less implicated tidbits of them having further roles by the secret endings while Repliku hadn't that, but this may also stem from the reason that Nomura made the overaching further going plot only after he finished KH2...CoM was before that.

Xion and the Riku Replica are pretty much the same. Sure the Riku Replica didn't have a fake Keyblade or ability to transform, but all that are mostly superficial traits if that makes any sense. Xion and the Riku Replica both have heart. They're both Replicas. They both had tragic fates. They're essentially the same in every way that matters, and Xion being connected to Sora's heart seems like such an unfair determining factor for Xion getting a positive fate and not the Riku Replica.
Superficial? These traits were closely connected to the power of Sora's memories which were the power source of Xion. Their type of being is the same, true, and they both had a fake heart (hey, who says it can't be turned into a true one if even DATA existences can gain a heart?)
It looks certainly the way though that Xion being this close connected to Sora IS what makes the decisive difference in terms of "matters" no matter how unfair that reasoning may sound.
Replicas fade away much like nobodies, so it looks much like the way that the main reasons Xion, Naminé and Roxas are even able to be saved is because they didn't fade into darkness but came to rest into Sora's and (in Naminé's case) Kairi's hearts.

EDIT:
Uh, it's not Axel coming back. Axel faded into darkness...it's Lea coming back actually. And he's not in the RoS but in the RoL where Mickey, Maleficent and co. are.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I'm kind of suprised that this one deatil of the game has become such a hot topic. Plus whoever it is I'm sure he won't have some huge impact. Good thing we will find out for sure in seven weeks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back