• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm really sorry, but right now this seems, to me, like trying to connect two different things together :z

Key of Valor

The Professor
Chaser said:
I'm really sorry, but right now this seems, to me, like trying to connect two different things together :z

Well I guess it's just one of those things that can't really be known for sure until another game explains it.

If "sleep" does have something to do with "emptiness" though, then the Riku Replica can be used in the story to explore and readdress what it exactly means to have an empty heart.

JTD95

—In Fantasia as well as other worlds, a golden eyed person wearing a black coat appears, who is he?
Nomura: He is the mysterious man who appeared in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix as a boss who manipulated time. Just who he is will be told in KH3D. Everywhere he goes, a few people of the darkness turn up, like how Vanitas came out in the trailer.
I would say that the reason for Black Coat Riku to appear inside Monstro is also thanks to the Unknown/Young Master Xehanort. But out of the two Rikus it could be, who is he? Riku Replica or Data-Riku? Riku Replica is the only one of the two to be an entity of Darkness.

Also:
—The scene where King Mickey confronts Maleficent caught our attention. At what time period does that scene occur?
Nomura: It occurs after Re:Coded, during the KH3D period. Since King Mickey is in possession of the “Data Worlds”, Maleficent is demanding that he hand them over. This scene occurs in between intervals of Sora and Riku’s adventure.
Maleficent is demanding the "Data Worlds" and most likely there is where Data-Riku still resides.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would say that the reason for Black Coat Riku to appear inside Monstro is also thanks to the Unknown/Young Master Xehanort. But out of the two Rikus it could be, who is he? Riku Replica or Data-Riku? Riku Replica is the only one of the two to be an entity of Darkness.
That quote proves nothing, as nothing has been shown to say that that Riku came out of YMX.

Master Critter

Re: Riku in KH3D

xD

I think (believe, really) it's Data!Riku, which makes me happy because Re:coded had some of the best character development out of the trio of recent games, in my opinion. But in CoM's ending for Riku, he also looked like that, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's Data!Riku, or at worst, Repliku.

I read that this game is connected to 358/2 Days, Coded, and BBS. You never know that it may be Data Riku. I guess ANYTHING can happen in the Realm of Sleep.

Awards
Re: Riku in KH3D

I read that this game is connected to 358/2 Days, Coded, and BBS. You never know that it may be Data Riku. I guess ANYTHING can happen in the Realm of Sleep.
If it's connected to those three titles, is there a reason for Repliku to be tied in? I don't think there's reason to bring him back. Data-Riku could tie more in, I think.
Still neutral on both, though.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Data Riku makes the most sense.

I can't wait to hear who it really is (and be happy if it IS Data Riku) but... who knows?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
We already know Data-Sora has to show himself to Sora at some point to tell him everything, so it seems reasonable that Data-Riku would do the same for Riku.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I still don't see how Data Riku could contribute anything special to the story. Data Riku's memories were erased at the end of Re:coded so he should be no different than how Riku was in KH1.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Also:

Maleficent is demanding the "Data Worlds" and most likely there is where Data-Riku still resides.

1)No evidence that the Riku in Monstro came from YMX. Also, if it were Repliku, he'd be in the outfit we've seen him in. The Dark suit. Not the black coat.
2)The fact that Maleficent is demanding the Data Worlds only means that coded/Re:coded has a lot of importance in DDD.

I still don't see how Data Riku could contribute anything special to the story. Data Riku's memories were erased at the end of Re:coded so he should be no different than how Riku was in KH1.

Not exactly. Data Riku is still the Journal. The memories may be forgotten but they never really disappear. Also with the RoS's curious nature, anything can happen. Data Riku could potentially awaken there since the Journal is in rest.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
1)No evidence that the Riku in Monstro came from YMX. Also, if it were Repliku, he'd be in the outfit we've seen him in. The Dark suit. Not the black coat.
2)The fact that Maleficent is demanding the Data Worlds only means that coded/Re:coded has a lot of importance in DDD.

Not exactly. Data Riku is still the Journal. The memories may be forgotten but they never really disappear. Also with the RoS's curious nature, anything can happen. Data Riku could potentially awaken there since the Journal is in rest.

This all makes sense to me.

Also, I like how evenly split the votes are, 52-53 with Data Riku winning.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Master Spockanort said:

The Riku Replica could be using a black coat, especially if he wanted to conceal his existence from being detected. I think it would make sense for the Riku Replica to appear in the Realm of Sleep.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Riku Replica could be using a black coat, especially if he wanted to conceal his existence from being detected. I think it would make sense for the Riku Replica to appear in the Realm of Sleep.

Why would he want to conceal his existence? Repliku was never the type to hide in the first place.

alex7song

A place within a place within a place...you get th
Its either going to be data riku, or some new incarnation of riku unknown to us now.

If it were my choice, I would say I want it to be Riku Replica (even though it probably won't be). Riku Replica was extremely fascinating to me. And if realm of sleep has something to do with ven in room of awakening, then it would make a whole lot of sense for Riku Replica to come back, since he was in castle oblivion.

Considering Maleficent wants the Data Worlds, it probably is going to be Data-Riku (but i can still dream)

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Seeing as how Maleficent wants some things from the Data World it would make sense that Data Riku would want to lay low and get help from someone (what might be Data Riku asking Riku for help for whatever reason).

If it were the Riku Replica he could go do whatever the hell he wanted without needing to conceal himself. It doesn't make sense why he would want to hide.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Master Spockanort said:
Why would he want to conceal his existence? Repliku was never the type to hide in the first place.

There appears to be some dangerous characters in KH:3D. The likeness of Young Xehanort, Vanitas, Xemnas, and Ansem SoD have already been seen in trailers. It's possible that all these former villains (the Riku Replica included) might not necessarily get along with each other.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There appears to be some dangerous characters in KH:3D. The likeness of Young Xehanort, Vanitas, Xemnas, and Ansem SoD have already been seen. It's possible that all these former villains (the Riku Replica included) might not necessarily get along with each other.

Not to be rude, but it sounds like you are pulling stuff from your behind now.

They won't get along so that is why Repliku needs a black coat so he can hide from them.

Okay. Makes complete sense. No not really. It doesn't.

So then that means, by your logic, we should see Data Roxas or Data Heartless Sora/AntiSora or Bugged Data Riku as well. They were all villains.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Master Spockanort said:
Not to be rude, but it sounds like you are pulling stuff from your behind now.

They won't get along so that is why Repliku needs a black coat so he can hide from them.

Okay. Makes complete sense. No not really. It doesn.

So then that means, by your logic, we should see Data Roxas or Data Heartless Sora/AntiSora or Bugged Data Riku as well. They were all villains.

Why would the Riku Replica have the same attitudes and goals as the other villains I mentioned. Please explain why it so obvious that the Riku Replica would want the same thing those other villains want?

I didn't even categorize the Riku Replica as a villain in KH:3D. I called him a former villain. Whether he will reprise his role as a villain in KH:3D has yet to be seen. If his contributions to the plot intentionally benefit the protagonists, then that's a simple reason why he wouldn't want to be found by villains that are trying to hinder the efforts of the protagonists.

The ideas I'm suggesting are no more unsubstantiated than the suggestion that Data Riku will magically get his memories back in KH:3D even though they were erased in Re:coded.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why would the Riku Replica have the same attitudes and goals as the other villains I mentioned. Please explain why it so obvious that the Riku Replica would want the same thing those other villains want?

When did I even say they had the same goals. You mentioned Repliku hiding himself from them. I'm wondering why is he going to go hide when he doesn't need to.

I didn't even categorize the Riku Replica as a villain in KH:3D. I called him a former villain. Whether he will reprise his role as a villain in KH:3D has yet to be seen. If his contributions to the plot intentionally benefit the protagonists, then that's a simple reason why he wouldn't want to be found by villains that are trying to hinder the efforts of the protagonists.

I didn't say he was a villain in KH3D, either. Lol, you don't even read what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back