• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Remember, "death" doesn't exist in KH, he's just sleeping in the RoS, maybe. I wonder when Jiminy finds the time to write all this stuff down in that journal
Master Spockanort said:
Okay, so I'm going to be a bit philosophical so forgive me for the next few paragraphs. Also, it is rather hard to express abstract concepts since we all seem to keep trying to impress set belief and concrete words to the concept of Sleep.

So all begins and ends with Sleep, correct?

Humans would call the period of time before birth something like "non-existence". I suppose the closest thing to compare "non-existence" to is "death", although I'm only trying to recognize that there is a point before "life". In Kingdom Hearts, that is probably also considered Sleep, since even humans fail to acknowledge what "non-existence" is before life with any concrete term (or at least in the English language I have not seen one.)

Some religions would say during that time the spirit exists in a state of limbo, or that the spirit has yet to be created. Also, some religions would say that the spirit goes to this limbo to be reincarnated, or that it goes to an afterlife. This seems like what the Realm of Sleep is. I wouldn't call it a limbo or an afterlife. It seems more liminal than what most views on an afterlife are. In the RoS there is existence, even though we can assume that it is a place where things not existing in the RoL (or even the RoD) go. Nomura has also stated that it is the closest thing to an afterlife.

Ansem the Wise stated that "So many are still waiting for their new beginning. Their Birth by Sleep. Even me, and even you." which, from one reading, could mean that while it is possible to "begin" again, many can't.

Even if with all of that, it does not exactly mean it is an afterlife and all things that "die" in the RoL (and RoD) go to the RoS. It just means that there is no "death" in Kingdom Hearts and there is only this liminal state of existence.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I don't remember this at all.
Either my memory is bad or this was literally written in the Journal in KH2 and I never took the time to read anything in it. When did this happen?
Yeah, the Organisation Members from CoM were given entries in the Journal and the Journal is canon.

Nomura said that Sora regained memories of Castle Oblivion only after Namine merged back with Kairi since Namine's creation was connected to Sora. Data Riku's situation isn't exactly the same.
I know the situation isn't the same but I was just showing that even though people can forget, the memory is still inside them.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Chaser said:
I know the situation isn't the same but I was just showing that even though people can forget, the memory is still inside them.

True.

Reagan Rayden said:
You idiot you forgot to add the picture. It would have actually been humorous if you'd have done that. Now you just look like a generic butthurt poster.

I still got a laugh out of it. It's not supposed to be funny for you.

Lightflame

Data Riku takes his hood off with magical data.

DDD Riku doesn't, so I think it's Repliku.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
What if it's neither? What if it's just a dream version of Riku? There are three Mickeys in this game so it wouldn't be too far fetched if there was another Riku.

snow_flake40

Awards
Oh my glob, you guys. The poll is fifty-fifty! Aw, I can't wait for DDD to come and prove us all wrong...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I'd prefer if Repliku came back. We got a tranny Sora clone we didn't want or need, when there was another perfectly good clone who fell to darkness.

And since death doesn't exist, he didn't die. Which means he needs to be rescued.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
its been a while since we have seen him,
mabey he became a deciple for the xheanorts, offering him somthing to become or feel real and have idenity, it also might be why we see him in pinochio world he wants to be a real boy.... and the coat would be explained one of the xheanorts gave it to him

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I actually hope tat's the truth. That's one of the single most sensible thing in DDD that I've seen thus far.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I'd prefer if Repliku came back. We got a tranny Sora clone we didn't want or need, when there was another perfectly good clone who fell to darkness.

And since death doesn't exist, he didn't die. Which means he needs to be rescued.
Death is not that simple enough. Having to bring back whoever you want is likely not that easy. Firstly, Repliku might not be able to leave because he's dead while visitors who are still living can. By that logic, every Keyblade WIelder from the war can come back too if they felt like it.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
And Ansem blew the fuck up...from point blank range...He underwent a sudden and catastrophic increase in energy and mass in a small space, reducing his material form to a fine rain of subatomic particles.

His ass is alive in the RoD. I know that there are rules. And people just can't willy nilly their favorite character back fom death. Xion's ass is making an appearance. Bitch took keyblade to teh face and evaporated into Sora.

And traditional death doesn't exist. Prove that Repliku had a traditional death.
Everyone else in the series and their mothers had a KH death, yet all of them are going to make an appearance.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
And Ansem blew the fuck up...from point blank range...He underwent a sudden and catastrophic increase in energy and mass in a small space, reducing his material form to a fine rain of subatomic particles.

His ass is alive in the RoD. I know that there are rules. And people just can't willy nilly their favorite character back fom death. Xion's ass is making an appearance. Bitch took keyblade to teh face and evaporated into Sora.

And traditional death doesn't exist. Prove that Repliku had a traditional death.
Everyone else in the series and their mothers had a KH death, yet all of them are going to make an appearance.
Because he got defeated which resulted in all of his darkness leaking which can be interpreted as his blood, which in the end made him die. Not to mention the whole speech he gave about being okay with dying. Also, Ansem blew himself up with the power of hearts and he even he said they were unpredictable.

Also, everybody is coming back for reasons that have been known for the whole series. Ansem and Xemnas are coming back because this is the Realm of Sleep and Young Xehanort has some weird ability to summon them, the Organization Somebodies are coming back because Heartless and Nobodies are just active hearts and bodies that go back to their original form when defeated, etc.

If you want an example of a character dying, look at Eraqus. His heart's the only thing that's left after MX blew his body from existence and he han't been able to come back since.

Repliku COULD come back, but you have to understand that his situation is completely different. He was an artificial person with no heart and literally died without having a place to return to. If Nomura makes future developments, then yes, he has a chance of coming back. But with our current level of knowledge, he isn't.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I like how we haven't seen that black-coated Riku since the JF trailer. xD

I'm still betting it is Data Riku. xD

I dont liek that, im guessing they have no other sceans that wouldnt give his idenity away, but i really wanted to just know now
38 more days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back