• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coaty/Master of Master's Intentions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
I'm 100% in the Masters of Masters is evil camp, personally. We've been told the keyblade was made with bad intentions, or something akin to that, and his nonchalance could easily be a guess for the other side of him we saw in the trailer, the super serious one.

However, that little joke about the arms crossed behind the head did make me realize: that is EXACTLY how sora does it. I feel like that's no coincidence, but idk. he still gives off an evil vibe to me.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
However, that little joke about the arms crossed behind the head did make me realize: that is EXACTLY how sora does it. I feel like that's no coincidence, but idk. he still gives off an evil vibe to me.
Nah, they actually look a bit different. Coaty seems to be doing his morning stretches, pulling one arm by the elbow. Sora just holds his hands behind his head.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, they actually look a bit different. Coaty seems to be doing his morning stretches, pulling one arm by the elbow. Sora just holds his hands behind his head.

^This.

But honestly, I'm just hoping that the Master of Masters is just his own character and not necessarily connected to anyone in particular, but since this is Kingdom Hearts there is a 90% certainty he is connected to Xehanort.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
But honestly, I'm just hoping that the Master of Masters is just his own character and not necessarily connected to anyone in particular, but since this is Kingdom Hearts there is a 90% certainty he is connected to Xehanort.
The most "connection" that I want the two of them to have is wielding the Goatblade. For anything past that, I'm really liking the sound of "history repeating" and "spiritual successors" for all Chi-related characters.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The most "connection" that I want the two of them to have is wielding the Goatblade.

Can only second that notion as it is exactly the notion of characters always being too deeply connected that hurts them all and makes them less of their own individuals.

Forsaken Shadow

The most "connection" that I want the two of them to have is wielding the Goatblade. For anything past that, I'm really liking the sound of "history repeating" and "spiritual successors" for all Chi-related characters.

Wasn't there a reveal that stated that a keyblade wielder's will is passed down with his keyblade, or something to that effect? Or was that a fan theory, I can't remember too well. I think if this is the case, and the Master is indeed evil, it's likely that his will was passed onto Xehanort by the Goatblade. But it doesn't necessarily mean that the Master needs to be connected to Xehanort in any way more than that, nor does he have to make a reappearance in 3. As much as I love the Foretellers, I'm happiest as long as they stay in X/UX/BC. No more time travel shenanigans, pls.

Beamer

Awards
Just because the Master of Masters (hypothetically) started the roots of the Kingdom Hearts conflict doesn't mean that they're "the Big bad" of the entire series.

This is a very good point. We aren't 100% sure the Goat-blade is really the MoM's at all, there's still the missing apprentice to think about. Unless somehow Coaty is both...

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This is a very good point. We aren't 100% sure the Goat-blade is really the MoM's at all, there's still the missing apprentice to think about. Unless somehow Coaty is both...
The Goatblade is said to be the most ancient of manmade Keyblades, so I think it's safe to assume that it was the first of its kind, and since this Master had enough knowledge to teach his apprentices to wield one, we can also assume that he's had a Keyblade for quite some time. Well, that's if we believe that the apprentices picked up Keyblade wielding from this guy, anyways.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Goatblade is said to be the most ancient of manmade Keyblades, so I think it's safe to assume that it was the first of its kind, and since this Master had enough knowledge to teach his apprentices to wield one, we can also assume that he's had a Keyblade for quite some time. Well, that's if we believe that the apprentices picked up Keyblade wielding from this guy, anyways.

Well, Young Xehanort does say that Master Xehanort's blade is the oldest known blade still in existence and yet that doesn't mean it has to be the very first man-made one to be ever created (although the dark and twisted imagery of it would fit the notion that man-made Keyblades were initially created for evil purposes).

I'm actually pretty sure that the Foretellers got their blades from the MoM, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he was also the one who actually crafted them...;)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, Young Xehanort does say that Master Xehanort's blade is the oldest known blade still in existence and yet that doesn't mean it has to be the very first man-made one to be ever created (although the dark and twisted imagery of it would fit the notion that man-made Keyblades were initially created for evil purposes).
I would agree, but YX never made that distinction. He simply stated that the Goatblade is the most ancient of Keyblades, so until there's evidence that suggests otherwise, the games seem to be implying that the Goatblade was the first.

I'm actually pretty sure that the Foretellers got their blades from the MoM, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he was also the one who actually crafted them...;)
Yeah, I guess it's kind of hard to pinpoint when Keybaldes became a thing until the games outright state it. The Goatblade and maybe some of the others could've been created long before the events of Chi, but never used much or exposed to the world at large until recently.

praveen

seriously, is there a explanation on what the black coat is/why characters wear that?
why is this master of masters even wearing that?
how did characters in the current timeline even get it or know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back