• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► BLAME!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

1484283131-6b209d576ec4bfecb4349b15604a56a9.jpeg

Killy, a silent loner possessing an incredibly powerful weapon known as a Gravitational Beam Emitter, wanders a vast technological world known as "The City". He is searching for Net Terminal Genes, a (possibly) extinct genetic marker that allows humans to access the "Netsphere", a sort of computerized control network for The City. The City is an immense volume of artificial structure, separated into massive "floors" by nearly-impenetrable barriers known as "Megastructure". The City is inhabited by scattered human and transhuman tribes as well as hostile cyborgs known as Silicon Creatures. The Net Terminal Genes appear to be the key to halting the unhindered, chaotic expansion of the Megastructure, as well as a way of stopping the murderous horde known as the Safeguard from destroying all humanity.

Along the way, Killy meets and joins forces with a resourceful engineer named Cibo and several groups such as a tribe of human warriors called the Electro-Fishers. Cibo and Killy are often pursued by the Safeguard, who view any human without Net Terminal Genes as a threat to be extinguished on sight. .

So yeah, BLAME! is this pretty cool, older science fiction manga that was created by Tsutomu Nihei. Nihei used to study architecture which shows in his world design especially in the buildings. They are massive and take a lot of the screen space from the pages. The original manga ended a while ago, but a new print of them was actually made(called the master edition), and Nihei made new covers for them:

SFXu7Rh.jpg

Netflix made a movie of the series that covers some stuff from the early volumes, and the movie released a few days ago. I`ll link one of the trailers here as well:

[video=youtube;hwy806RC2-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwy806RC2-Q[/video]

Have you watched the movie yet and if so, what did you think of it? Did you read the original series, what are you`r thoughts about it? Discuss below!​

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I saw the movie a couple of nights ago, and I was very, very impressed. I don't think too highly of the use of 3D models in anime, but I was completely blown away by BLAME!, it was absolutely solid.

It's easily persuaded me to read the manga, so I'll be hopping on to that soon.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Yeah, I saw this appear on Netflix. It looks very interesting, I haven't watch anything anime in awhile so I may watch it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I saw the movie a couple of nights ago, and I was very, very impressed. I don't think too highly of the use of 3D models in anime, but I was completely blown away by BLAME!, it was absolutely solid.

It's easily persuaded me to read the manga, so I'll be hopping on to that soon.

I really recommend reading the manga. The film did not do justice to the gigantic size of the city. It also changed some small things here and there about the story arc it covered, which I think flowed a bit better in the manga.

You also might be surprised at first, but there is less dialogue in the manga than the anime might make you think and it focuses more in Killy´s and Cibo´s travelling, but it works pretty well. Overall the atmosphere is very depressing in the original work, and it`s very bloody and brutal. I am curious to hear you`r thoughts about it when you start reading it. I have also planned re-reading some of the volumes.

I`m currently reading Nihei`s another work called Knights of Sidonia, but I am still at the early chapters so I can´t really comment on it.

Yeah, I saw this appear on Netflix. It looks very interesting, I haven't watch anything anime in awhile so I may watch it.

I recommend it! While I think it`s not as good as the original work, the movie still is very entertaining and has an unique feeling in it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
An interview from Nihei where he talks about his works and describes his creative process. It was filmed in 2016 but it has now been released for everybody to see:

[video=youtube;mWyDEgtCfcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWyDEgtCfcg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back